Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > Birthdays and Salutations

Notices

Birthdays and Salutations Is it a member's birthday? Or another special event? Announce it here!

Old 03-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

My mom always made corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes but my brother won't eat it so I don't make it just for myself. I used to make it when I had a roommate though. My friend Pam was half Irish, and I remember her mom (who wasn't the Irish one, lol) would make corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots, and the next day throw it all in the blender for hash.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #12
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

"Half Irish blood be representing here, yo!"

And by that I mean happy Saint Patrick's to y'all.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #13
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Irishman from the Appalachian trail here... moonshinin', deer-jacking folk round these parts

hope y'all had a memorable saint paddy's day now i got to put on a Tommy Makem album and hear about the Patriot's Game if ya don't mind.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #14
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

NOW It's time for some fun.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #15
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Thanks for the compliments on the pic everyone. I of course feel I could have done a better job, but after all I did do (finding a nice shot of each of them, sizing them to the right proportions, and then placing them in the photo), I think it turned out rather well.

I've never really done anything special for St. Paddy's Day other than wear green, and make sure all my friends and family members were wearing green, and if they weren't, I'd pinch them. It wasn't until only a few years ago I learned exactly how much Irish heritage I have. My fifth great-grandfather Patrick Gayton was born to Thomas and Eleanor Gayton in County Tipperary, Ireland, in 1775. In 1797 he crossed the pond to New Bruswick, Canada, married in 1799 to a girl named Marie (who was also Irish, although we can't really find any history on her), and the land they purchased to support their growing family is still today named "Gayton's Crossing". My dad's side of the family was in New Bruswick and Nova Scotia up until his own parents moved to Massachusetts in 1940. I find it quite interesting as I love history, and am fascinated learning more about my family history. Anyway, after learning I have more Irish blood than I previously thought, and it really wasn't all that long ago, I've taken a bit more pride in the day. There's some Irish history on my mom's side too. I still don't really do anything for the holiday though.

And IL, yes, a Claddagh ring is perfectly acceptable. I have one too, and a Celtic Cross necklace (and I wear them every day). I love them!

Eddit: Ant! You posted while I was typing, Wilt looks great in green! Yes, time for some fun, Whoo hoo! Nice job!

Last edited by Lynnie; 03-17-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote