Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:39 PM   #1
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Smile My first interactive fiction game is online

Okay I wrote a really short and simple text game to practise programming, if anyone wants to look at it (and even if you don't, the instructions on how to run one of these games is over there so if you want to play the Foster's one I'm working on later you might want to at least take a look at that). This one is a She-Ra game, where you play one of the villain's minions and there's only ONE correct move. It is a parody of the popular text adventure "Pick Up the Phone Booth and Die", where, as they say, if you pick up the phone booth...you die. Pretty simple. Here you go:

"Annoy Hordak and Get Dropped Down the Hole"

Like I said it's simple, as in, limited on what it can do. There's only one correct solution, so I guess in that respect it might be frustrating. Hey, at least I told you what you're suuposed to be trying to accomplish - in Booth you never knew. All you knew was what you weren't supposed to do.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:02 AM   #2
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Man, I can't figure out the second game. The first one, I was able to do it.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

You mean you figured out Booth but not Hole? I didn't write Booth - in that one you basically just have to keep doing stuff until you do the *right* thing. In Hole...well, its the same, lol. The thing is if you don't know Mantenna you might not hit on the right action. I had someone on the He-man board tell me they solved it right away, but then, they know Mantenna over there.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #4
HappyFoppy
This rank is six words long
STFU AND DANCE  

Send a message via MSN to HappyFoppy

I also can't figure out that second one. Must be cuz I never watched the show.
But the firste one, PUTPBAD, is tons of fun. I found a mod of it called "Pick up the Phone Booth and Aisle" in which like all the things you can do bring a decent answer (killing you ). There are like 200 deaths in one room. Hooray.
Also I can't wait for your Foster's text-game...
HappyFoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:08 PM   #5
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

I feel like an idiot, but I can't figure out either of them. In the first one are you supposed to be able to do anything? Because, short of picking up the phone booth, I tried practically everything:

Old 10-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #6
Thornwhistle
Banned

I see you.  

Did you try "making a phone call"?
Thornwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #7
Sparky

Lol, I remember licking the booth...I can't believe I didn't think to go on an excellent adventure in it though.

Yes, there is something that you do to the booth to win. All you can do is keep trying, really. The second one is the same thing, there's one thing that you do to one thing/person in the room to win. I won't tell you which person/thing, nor will I give you the action. I only know specifically of one person who's solved it, because they told me, so if anyone else has gotten it I don't actually know.