Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:45 PM   #1
donna323
Settling In

Cheese, Please!  

Default "Infernal Slumber"

Hi, guys ... just caught this episode and found it totally funny. Everybody was in it, all the gang, and it was truly out there. My favorite part was when Terrance finally woke up and Mac and the guys managed to convince him he was dreaming (for a while, anyway)... ... Wilt doing the worm across the floor was so silly, it was awesome. Even Cheese appeared in that episode and the second time Terrance emerged from his room (AHA!) Cheese adhered himself to Terrance's head and did one of those very intense and wierd "SSSSHHHH, Be Quiet!" things like he did when arguing over bunnies and hot rod flames in his first appearance "Mac Daddy" (Buuuunnnnneeeeze!) . I can appreciate the danger of over using a character like Cheese, but I truly cherish every appearance he makes.

Did you guys see this episode, too? Any comments?

Donna

P.S. Is there any chance, you guys will make a few Cheese and Goo icons? Pretty please?
donna323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:17 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna323 View Post
P.S. Is there any chance, you guys will make a few Cheese and Goo icons? Pretty please?
You posted this within the thread for a different episode so I moved it. Anyways, there *are* two Cheese smilies, and yes, I will attempt Goo when I get the time. (Unless by "icon" you mean something else.)
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:52 PM   #3
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I actually thought this was one of the more brilliant episodes of the show. It was funny, it was well scripted, well acted, and it was really nice to see where Mac lives inside and out and learn more about his mother (whom seems VERY nice to Mac and I liked that :bloogrin ).

I thought Cheese was well used here, I think his prescence made it even funnier and I think Mac's voice actor deserves an ovation or something because this was one of the best performances I have heard for Mac since "Squeeze the day".

My favorite part is easily when all the IFs started to dog pile Terrence and try to keep him quiet, because that to me showed ALOT of character. They made Mac's night a living hell and always caused problems no matter how many times he asked them to be quiet.

But to have Cheese, the weirdest char of all to be the FIRST to tell Terrence to be quiet and literally work so hard to keep him quiet after they put Mac through such misery, is simply amazing. It shows that while the Foster's gang knows they occasionally bug the crap out of Mac, he means the world to em.

I just felt that was a good scene that showed they knew how important this was to Mac. My only downside to this episode was the use of Goo and Coco, the whole "girls freedom right" thing just seemed too stupid enough even for Goo and seemed like a hollowed out attempt at dragging her into this.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:59 AM   #4
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

I dunno, it seems like Goo would go nuts over something like that, ESPECIALLY if it was delivered by Bloo, who isn't the most eleqouent character.

I like this episode too, partially becuase it was the first Foster's epssode i saw and partially becasue it was written so well!

It's a great episode to be the first-seen, though, since you get in how each character acts in all of them, and you get some background, when Mac's telling Bloo to go home.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:12 AM   #5
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

One of my favorites. It was the second episode I saw after not having watched Foster's for eight months.
I kind of agree with Mr. Marshmallow about Goo and Coco, but maybe that's only stemming from my dislike of Goo. I wouldn't have minded if it was just Coco, though.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:18 AM   #6
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

I loved this episode, this fourth season has had some realy great episodes. I love this episode, I mean I REALLY love this episode, but not quite as much as Bus the Two of us. But this was a really great episode.
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:56 AM   #7
donna323
Settling In

Cheese, Please!  

Default Thanks

Hey, thanks, Sparky for moving this note. I hope I get the hang of putting my quotes in the right place soon.

I have to agree that we saw a whole lot of Mac's character in this episode, and I also enjoyed seeing where he lived. Not to mentioned that he did the entire thing is a strained stage whisper. Apparently, his mother doesn't have a face, but neither did the adults in "Peanuts". Must be one of those things, yes? She is a seriously sound sleeper, no doubt about it.

I felt that perhaps pulling the girls in on the "women's lib" thing was a tad contrived, as well, but thought that throwing Coco's eggs at the door was genius. I only wish that something popped out of them when they hit. Now, THAT would've been funny!

Thanks for the icons ... nope, didn't mean anything else. Looking forward to seeing one for Goo.

Take care.

Last edited by donna323; 09-30-2006 at 12:00 PM. Reason: forgot something
donna323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:32 AM   #8
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Loved this epsiode & it showed the smarter side of Cheese! I don't get why the don't show Mac's mom's face.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:05 AM   #9
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
I don't get why the don't show Mac's mom's face.
You'll have to ask Craig McCraken about that one, because as a lot people already know he also had a character whose face you never saw in his other show, The Powerpuff Girls (Ms. Bellum)

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:45 AM   #10
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Yeah, my sisters used to watch that show. What are they supposed to be hot or something?

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote