Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 02:12 AM   #1
nikanone
Banned

Default Home Improvement

Hi friends, I have been dreadful for incorrect house extension plans. House plans for an extension have been passed by the local council and the architect has been paid. It has now come to light that the architect has measured incorrectly and we have to reduce the size of the house because of the boundaries. Will the architect be liable for any costs which will be charged for the changes?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Nikanone, I took the liberty of moving your post, since it has nothing to do with a YouTube video about a minor character on "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends". It's more likely to be read, and answered, here in the "Way Off-Topic" forum. I can't answer your question, because the laws about such matters are very different in different places. Here where I live, the architect would be held accountable IF the house extension had already been built, and had to be torn down, IF it could be proved that the architect measured incorrectly. If the house extension had not been built, the architect might have to re-design the plans, but could still charge you extra to do so. That might not apply where you live, though, so my advice would be to ask a lawyer who lives in your area and is familiar with building laws and codes.

pitbulllady
Old 08-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Thanks pbl.

Also I find thelaw.com very useful for getting casual legal advice.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Okay, I took the time to google "nikanone" and found that they have posted weird random home improvement questions on DOZENS of vBulletins all over the world - TODAY - regardless of what topic that forum is for (although I think maybe they were actually searching for home improvement topics). Since specifically targeting vBulletins is how spambots operate, not to mention posting the same sort of off-topic post on all of them (although not the IDENTICAL home improvement issue), I am banning this person. If he is truly interested in Foster's he can email me and discuss it.

Last edited by Sparky; 08-06-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Closed Thread