Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

View Poll Results: who would you adopt?
bloo 19 16.96%
wilt 34 30.36%
eduardo 17 15.18%
coco 13 11.61%
cheese 6 5.36%
other 23 20.54%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #51
Alandra
Newly Abandoned
We can escape our reality and escape into the world of Fosters, even if it is for 30 minutes  

Send a message via MSN to Alandra Send a message via Yahoo to Alandra

I would adopt Coco, she is creative and pretty crazy.. would be a perfect match for muah

Alandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #52
overactive_imagination
Newly Abandoned

Default crackers!!

I want to adopt crackers! Not just because he/she is cute. But she seems like she really wants a home.
overactive_imagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #53
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Bloo

Mostly because I think he'd fit in great with my friends. We're all videogame nerds, we got to video gaming conventions and contests every weekend and sometimes we have 3 days long gaming "nights" where we all get together and beat the controls until our eyes and hands bleed

I'm also a console whore, meaning I collect consoles. All the way from Atari and Game Boy to Wii and the PSP. I think Bloo would enjoy it

My second choice would be Berry. Psychos should live together ...I think
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #54
Dragonrider1227
At Home

Major Frankie fan  

I'd have to go with either Wilt or Eduardo
Dragonrider1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:31 AM   #55
RocketBabyDoll
Newly Abandoned
You should never be afraid  

Eduardo. I love him, he's really cute and nice, but he can be brave if he needs to. I like Wilt too, but I guess it wouldn't work. I always try being as nice as he is so sooner or later we'd have a conflict over who is the nicest.
RocketBabyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #56
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Okay, look at my username and try to guess...

I'd love to adopt Wilt ( ). It's a little like pitbulllady said in her first post on this thread-- there are so many reasons! I'll try to make a brief list:

1.) He's athletic and maybe by adopting him I can get my lazy butt off the couch and learn a sport.

2.) He's sweet. Somehow I get the idea that if I had a really terrible day and came home complaining ("My AP Bio <or AP Lit> class is killer!" "My stupid food lab in home ec didn't turn out right!" "I hate my online correspondence course!" "I hate my job!" etc...), he'd be able to make it all seem less massive.

3.) I'd really like some help with dishes/taking out the garbage. (There's not a lot in my house compared to Foster's, but I still hate doing it...)

4.) Wilt would make a great muse. I write a lot of fanfics, and I think he'd be a good person to run ideas by.

OK, so my reasons are slightly lame, but I love Wilt to death and would love to adopt him! What more reason do I need?

Sorry: Just thought up reason #5:
5.) He can dance. I'm a hopeless romantic and am dying to slow dance with a guy I like to "Wait for You" by Elliott Yamin. Why not Wilt? (I once had a dream about that-- we were slow dancing in my grandma's living room in a little tiny circle. It was weird-- I had my arms wrapped around his neck and shoulders, clinging on for dear life and my leg are dangling several feet above the floor, and he's holding on to my body with his single arm and it's so romantic I thought I would burst.) Thanks to xxxClaire for pointing that out!

Last edited by WiltsAKGirl17; 10-04-2007 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Additional thoughts not expressed in original posting
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:32 AM   #57
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Seems to me that loving him is all the reason you need.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #58
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 View Post
Okay, look at my username and try to guess...

I'd love to adopt Wilt ( ). It's a little like pitbulllady said in her first post on this thread-- there are so many reasons! I'll try to make a brief list:

1.) He's athletic and maybe by adopting him I can get my lazy butt off the couch and learn a sport.

2.) He's sweet. Somehow I get the idea that if I had a really terrible day and came home complaining ("My AP Bio <or AP Lit> class is killer!" "My stupid food lab in home ec didn't turn out right!" "I hate my online correspondence course!" "I hate my job!" etc...), he'd be able to make it all seem less massive.

3.) I'd really like some help with dishes/taking out the garbage. (There's not a lot in my house compared to Foster's, but I still hate doing it...)

4.) Wilt would make a great muse. I write a lot of fanfics, and I think he'd be a good person to run ideas by.

OK, so my reasons are slightly lame, but I love Wilt to death and would love to adopt him! What more reason do I need?
Au contrare, your reasons aren't "lame" at all! I could sure use Wilt around, or someone just like him, right now myself. I'm having an absolutely abysmal time at work right now(what else is new?), and having Wilt around to just let me know that it's going to all work out would be of great help! Just the inspiration he provides on the show-his refusal to give up and his ability to keep going in spite of what most people would consider reason to pack it all in-helps, believe it or not. I didn't consider this before, but I sure need someone to motivate ME to get off my butt, too, and Wilt seems like someone who could do that without being overbearing about it. Wilt is able to be positive without looking at the world through rose-colored glasses, and it's not often that you meet someone like that.

Still, though, I have to consider how fair it would be to HIM to adopt him, since I don't have kids. I would not want things to seem like I was just using him, and him not getting anything positive in return. I may be a major Wilt fangirl, but I'm not selfish, and to me, any adoption of an Imaginary Friend would have to be of a benefit to both adopter AND adoptee.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #59
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Au contrare, your reasons aren't "lame" at all! I could sure use Wilt around, or someone just like him, right now myself. I'm having an absolutely abysmal time at work right now(what else is new?), and having Wilt around to just let me know that it's going to all work out would be of great help! Just the inspiration he provides on the show-his refusal to give up and his ability to keep going in spite of what most people would consider reason to pack it all in-helps, believe it or not. I didn't consider this before, but I sure need someone to motivate ME to get off my butt, too, and Wilt seems like someone who could do that without being overbearing about it. Wilt is able to be positive without looking at the world through rose-colored glasses, and it's not often that you meet someone like that.

Still, though, I have to consider how fair it would be to HIM to adopt him, since I don't have kids. I would not want things to seem like I was just using him, and him not getting anything positive in return. I may be a major Wilt fangirl, but I'm not selfish, and to me, any adoption of an Imaginary Friend would have to be of a benefit to both adopter AND adoptee.

pitbulllady

Thanks-- it's always a comfort to know that not everyone who reads my posts thinks I'm a basketcase! You definately have something here: Wilt is very inspirational-- after you consider all he's been through and then look at his amazing optimism, it's almost like, "Why am I complaining about <insert gripe(s) here>?" You're also right about not meeting people like Wilt very often. We need more Wilts in our lives.

I can sympathize with your plight about the fairness of adopting wilt. I'm an only child, so Wilt wouldn't really have many people to talk to. I'd be a little hesitant to talk him with me to school or my part-time job, so from 8 AM-4 PM AK time Monday-Friday and the times I'm working on Saturday and Sunday, Wilt would be fairly alone. That's not too fair for him, is it? It's kinda like marriage: a two-way street.
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #60
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

You know, I don?t believe I?ve actually taken the time out to answer this one yet. Time to rectify that.

I wonder, is there a rule against adopting multiple imaginary friends? Because there are different friends to appeal to different aspects of my personality. Wilt?s a pretty obvious choice, the sort of kind, open and supportive companion I?d routinely need to pull through times of personal crisis. And in return I could offer him my complete sympathy and understanding in regards to his own personal doubts and insecurities?ah, the apologising duel-offs we?d inevitably have. Though we would have to get past the problem that I personally wouldn?t have much interest in playing basketball myself, which might be a trifle stifling for poor Wilt. Coco would be a really fun and colourful friend to have around the place, and she?d certainly be invaluable fuel to my wilder, more creative side. Crackers would satisfy my constant cravings for a cute, snuggly little being to cuddle and hold, and Red?he?d be indispensable whenever I needed a hug after an emotionally exhausting day. Plus he?s just so sweetly enthusiastic about the nicer things in life that it would never fail to warm the deepest cockles of my heart hearing him talk about flowers and horsies and all things bright and beautiful?.nothing less than fast-acting prozac in Imaginary Friend form.

And, you know, I do like lending my support to an underdog. Or cat as it were in this case. I note that no one as yet has expressed a desire to give Gary a home:

Would you just look at that face. Poor Gary?I get the impression from his very brief cameo in ?Bloo Done It? that he?s an even more emotionally fragile imaginary friend than Crackers and Foofy Woogums combined?the very thought of having done something to upset Uncle Pockets reduces this vulnerable soul to tears on the spot. He has my full sympathy, and on top of which he?s an ickle little kitten, which instantly puts him in good stead with me. He?d be a most welcome addition to my household, and I?d see to it that nobody ever taunted him again.

You know, I was actually quite tempted at one point to start a thread on Gary in the Supporting Cast section, but finally decided that there wouldn?t really be much point, given that there are strict limitations as to exactly how much can be said about him (I?ve probably exhausted the bulk of his conversation value already). I don?t know if he?s anything like Crackers, in that the observant viewer will be rewarded with a small cameo appearence every now and again - I seem to remember Mac pointing him out whilst taking ?Barry? on a tour of Foster?s in ?Affair Weather Friends?, but it could just be that my memory?s playing tricks on me again. Thus, you can consider this my Official Gary Appreciation Post. Hurray for Gary! I thought that the little guy could use a little love.

And whada?ya know, this also happens to be my 500th post on NF. I?ve now graduated to the grand old ranks of a Foster?s Legend?erm, apparently so. User titles never lie now, do they?

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote