Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #11
Voxxyn
Banned

That wouldn't be bad. But what I'd want to see is them encountering some sort of general problem or threat, which neither can solve on their own. And their teamwork would be portrayed as protagonists, instead of being a sideplot like in "Land of the Flea" or somewhat antagonist like in "Bendy".

(And as already discussed on Frankie's thread, I'd much rather see Bloo used for the "Frankie getting locked with someone else" idea)

Last edited by Voxxyn; 10-10-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:14 PM   #12
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

The most common gag used for these kind of things, is to get the 2 opposing characters lost in some crazy place like a dinosaur island or a desert or some place where their skills are useless and they have no control over anything.

Frankie and Herriman are house broken characters, most of what they do revolves around the house and taking care of everyone or everything in Foster's. Like in the camping episode, everything goes to hell outside of Foster's.

If Frankie and Herriman say got stuck on a crazy road trip like Stewie and Brian did in "Family Guy", that'd be a situation workable. I agree with you Vox on the blue idea, nothing would be funnier then to see Frankie and Bloo locked in a room for hours on end.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #13
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I've been trying to think of some kind of situation that would force Mr. Hariman and Frankie to work together well, like Voxxyn sugested. The best thing I can think of is maybe Madam Foster pretends to be very sick to get out of something she REALLY dosen't want to do (Fitting for her since she's an 8 year old in and 80 year olds body. ) and scareing the pants off Hariman and Frankie as a result.
I'm not sure what would happen, though. Maybe they spend the day working together to help her "recover" or they have to go represent her at what ever it was she didan't want to go to.
I figured Voxxyn had a great idea with the two actually working together rather then fighting, and as protaganist's rather than antagonist's. I tried really hard to think of an emergincy that would force them to call a truce and cooperate, and the only thing that came to mind was the person that is most important to the both of them.
Well, Vox, is that the kind of thing you were thinking of? Because that's the best I can come up with. I'm not to good at working with other peoples ideas. I hope you like it.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #14
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Sounds really good to me. Madam Foster is the perfect catalyst, too, her being one of the few things Frankie and Mr. Herriman have in common.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:14 PM   #15
Voxxyn
Banned

That premise would be fine with me, as long as it doesn't end with both of them looking like fools at the end(Which, to be honest, it somewhat suggests). It could end with Madame Foster revealing her true intentions, and forces her granddaughter and imaginary friend to lock themselves in a looooooooong and awkward embrace.

My personal thought is this: Mr. Herriman decides to accompany and monitor Frankie on her latest day off(*), which of course wouldn't please her at all.

Now, I don't know the exact details as to what would happen. One idea I have is that Frankie would plan to go to some kind of party and meet up with a group of same-age girls whom she says are her outside friends. After going through much planning, re-planning, delaying and nearly being driven insane by Herriman's interveening, she eventually arrives at the party--only to be ridiculed and mocked by her "friends". It turns out Frankie was only hanging out with them because they're the "cool girls" in town--and they decided to play an elaborate prank on her by befriending her in return, when they in fact HATE imaginary friends and think she is a complete loser for dedicating her entire life to them; and decided to invite her to the party, just so that they could prey on what they believe is a very "uncool" girl.

Remember that SpongeBob SquarePants episode where SpongeBob and Squidward nearly kill themselves trying to deliver the Krusty Krab pizza to it's customer? How when they finally arrived, the customer completely rejects them because the order wasn't exactly what he wanted? How SpongeBob broke down and cried... and what Squidward, who usually HATES him, did in return? Well, that more or less explains how Herriman would react to the group of girls at the very end.

(* - And if you're wondering how the house would be run with both of them out for the day; Mr. Herriman could appoint Wilt to take care of the place while they're gone, and/or even hire some sitters, like Frankie did in FGTE)
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #16
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Sounds like it could be very moving. I'd love to see that.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #17
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
That premise would be fine with me, as long as it doesn't end with both of them looking like fools at the end(Which, to be honest, it somewhat suggests). It could end with Madame Foster revealing her true intentions, and forces her granddaughter and imaginary friend to lock themselves in a looooooooong and awkward embrace.

My personal thought is this: Mr. Herriman decides to accompany and monitor Frankie on her latest day off(*), which of course wouldn't please her at all.

Now, I don't know the exact details as to what would happen. One idea I have is that Frankie would plan to go to some kind of party and meet up with a group of same-age girls whom she says are her outside friends. After going through much planning, re-planning, delaying and nearly being driven insane by Herriman's interveening, she eventually arrives at the party--only to be ridiculed and mocked by her "friends". It turns out Frankie was only hanging out with them because they're the "cool girls" in town--and they decided to play an elaborate prank on her by befriending her in return, when they in fact HATE imaginary friends and think she is a complete loser for dedicating her entire life to them; and decided to invite her to the party, just so that they could prey on what they believe is a very "uncool" girl.

Remember that SpongeBob SquarePants episode where SpongeBob and Squidward nearly kill themselves trying to deliver the Krusty Krab pizza to it's customer? How when they finally arrived, the customer completely rejects them because the order wasn't exactly what he wanted? How SpongeBob broke down and cried... and what Squidward, who usually HATES him, did in return? Well, that more or less explains how Herriman would react to the group of girls at the very end.

(* - And if you're wondering how the house would be run with both of them out for the day; Mr. Herriman could appoint Wilt to take care of the place while they're gone, and/or even hire some sitters, like Frankie did in FGTE)
Awww, that sounds sweet, and like it could flesh out Frankie's personality even more, too. Frankie doesn't seem to care what people think about her, but I think everyone at least sometimes wants to be cool and for people to like them, even if they're people they know they wouldn't form lifelong friendships with or anything. That would make Frankie seem even more three-dimensional.

.....and nothing will ever convince me that there's a better episode of SBSP than that one.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:58 AM   #18
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Now THAT is much better then what I came up with! That would be a nice episode. It be would very heartwarming if Frankie gives Mr. Hariman a hug or kiss on the cheek as a thank you. Great work Vox!

Last edited by Medikor; 10-11-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Medikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:43 AM   #19
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

I've always been a fan of political satire, so naturally I was attracted to this episode like a set of car keys near an electromagnet, and really how can you not like an episode that whips out a "Hitchhiker's" reference?

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:28 AM   #20
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Where was the refrence? I'm not a fan of Hitchhiker's but my dad is. He would appreceate it more then I would.