Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:34 PM   #161
haytayb
Newly Abandoned

Cheese Rocks! We love him!
Old 07-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #162
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

For the most part, I like Cheese, too. He's funny and random, like a toddler with a short attention span. You can't really take your eyes off him because you know that in the blinking of an eye he's going to do something totally unexpected.

However, I can understand those who don't like him too much. He annoyed me in "The Big Cheese", and his screems were giving me a headache. And I've just never been fond of seeing everyone having a bad day. Even when the cause of that "bad day" is completely oblivious to how much trouble they're causing for everyone else. I did however love the end credits when he's telling the news ancor lady of all the ailments he has (ringworm, gingivitis, mange, tonsilitis, athletes foot, etc). LOL!! I also liked his version of "Twinkle, twinkle Little Star", and sometimes sing it to myself. "Twinkle twinkle little cord, you should really use the door. Yay!!" And doesn't he also sing something about a cat? I haven't seen that eppie in a while.

As for "Cheese a Go-Go", I'm among those who not only was saddened to see Frankie living through her worst day yet, but thought that it was just a strange episode. Cheese was not only annoying, but totally pointless in it. But I can't say I dislike him in the least. I LOVE "Mac Daddy", and I also liked him in "Infernal Slumber". It seems that his character, IMPO, is just getting more annoying. I wouldn't mind if he makes more appearances, but I just hope he's more like he was in the first few episodes he was in, not the last few.

*Cool, this is my 100th post!*

Last edited by Lynnie; 07-22-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #163
Little Baby IceCream
Settling In
I think I'll call you Chewy  

I like Cheese!

He annoyed me with all his screaming in The Big Cheese. However, I liked how he reacted to the "game" Frankie played with him. I also liked at the end, during the credits when he told the nes anchor everything he had (ringworm and tonsilits were my favorite)!

Mac Daddy has to be my favorite episode Cheese is in. I liked all his sayings that made no sense! I also liked how hee stuck his tongue out at Bloo when Mac told him to give Cheese the drill. No comment on Cheese a Go-Go.

OT: I just finished making an avatar for Cheese !

Little Baby IceCream

Little Baby IceCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #164
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

Cheese is simply demented. But, as I was answered by Craig earlier today, he isn't actually an alien. He's just a complete nutbar. A very amusing one, though. He's practically Edward Wong from Cowboy Bebop on acid, if without the tech savvy. Only thing is that you can only have so much of him and his antics at a given time, otherwise everything and everyone else gets overshadowed. He's a scenery chewer, and in the Foster's house/universe, that's no mean feat. I'm not saying this to harsh on Cheese himself, though. I do enjoy his randomness quite a bit, at least as far as his spouting random gibberish goes. With that in mind, I wonder how "Setting a President" would have went with him as one of the candidates. (He wouldn't technically be able to run due to him being a non-resident of Foster's.)
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:22 PM   #165
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman414 View Post
I wonder how "Setting a President" would have went with him as one of the candidates.
Frankie would have lost a few votes and still won the election by an enormous, crushing landslide.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:41 PM   #166
cartman414
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Frankie would have lost a few votes and still won the election by an enormous, crushing landslide.
True. But it would be worth it for the crazy soundbites alone.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #167
macfangirl
Newly Abandoned

i like cheese but mac........ no cheese
macfangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:06 AM   #168
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

I used to think he was just one of those gag/joke characters who'd amuse the audience by being stupid. But then I rewatched his debut episode Mac Daddy and I'm actually surprised by how "smart" Cheese is.

Granted, he's not the most intellectual of the bunch. But I think, based on his debut episodes, Cheese wasn't this random screaming seizure fit. It's clear he has some kind of form of manners, where he actually requested to gave chocolate milk from Bloo. And he can carry some form of intelligent conversation/reaction, and not just reply random things (although he is prone to doing that as well, "PANCAKES!" XD ) He isn't completely stupid, he's more like a 3 year old with a constant temper or something.

So yeah, while I did like watching Cheese-a-Go-Go in the beginning, and The Big Cheese, on re-watching them it got really annoying because it feels like he's just being "used" as a way to annoy all the other characters for no reason. :/ His incessant screaming in the Big Cheese was really annoying (though I liked his ability to remember the code. XD)
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #169
cartman414
At Home

A little Cheese goes a long way. He's best used in a tertiary capacity, and not as a focal point, or as a cause of misfortune/annoyance for the characters around him. That, along with Jackie Khones little tiff, annoyed me in Cheese a Go Go.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #170
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Please, for the love of god, DON'T let this happen:

http://jbwarner86.deviantart.com/art...-Show-56804676

No, I didn't draw this.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote