Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
the beninator!!
Newly Abandoned
"I'm not the kind that would argue with Ben" - "Weird Al" Yankovic  

Send a message via AIM to the beninator!! Send a message via MSN to the beninator!!
Default Foster Home For AWESOME bands:

ok here's how this works, you'll post a name and stats of a band that's awesome so other people can check 'em out. I'll go 1st and post 2 bands:

Name: The Phenomenauts
Genre(s): Rockabilly, Punk, New Wave
Other: They dress up as space men (sorta), and thier songs have an awesome sci(-fi) theme and it's real fun stuff
Web-Site: http://www.phenomenauts.com/
"Mission" mp3

myspace: http://www.myspace.com/thephenomenauts

Name: The Aquabats!
Genre(s): started off as 3rd wave ska, went experimental for a few years, now they've got some punkish stuff
Other: they dress up as super heroes, have villians attack them on stage, are way goofy and fun
Web Site: http://theaquabats.com/
Myspace:
Fashion Zombies mp3: http://theaquabats.com/mp3/fashionzombies.mp3
the beninator!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:26 PM   #2
Voxxyn
Banned

Name: The Verve
Genre: Alt Rock, Space Rock, Britrock, Prog Rock-ish
Overview: You probably know them as the "one-hit wonder" band that gave us Bittersweet Symphony. I put "one-hit wonder" in quotations because, quite frankly, they are infinitely better than that. They are one of the finest bands to come out of the UK--and, IMO, if they hadn't unfortunately broken up over drug problems and in-fighting, chances are they would now be as big as Coldplay and Muse currently are. If you ever see any of their albums available at a nearby music store, and are in the mood for rock that is epic and introspective at the same time, don't hesitate to get it.
Recommended Songs, other than "Bittersweet Symphony": Sonnet, The Drugs Don't Work, Catching the Butterfly, Come On

Name: The Holloways
Genre: Alt Rock, Britpop, Pop-Rock
Overview: It's actually been only a week since I've heard of this very young band, which will be releasing their debut album "So This Is Great Britain?" in about a month. I'll confess... I decided to be naughty and download the leaked album. And I have to say, it's very good stuff, and I'll definitely buy it when it's released. If you like Arctic Monkeys, you'll love this(I just hope they don't become as overhyped).
Recommended Songs: So This Is Great Britain, Most Lonely Face, Nothing for the Kids
Links: Myspace

Last edited by Voxxyn; 09-30-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:44 AM   #3
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

(Credit, Wikipedia)

Name: "The Soundtrack of our Lives"

Genre: Rock, Alternative

Country of Orgin: Sweden

Members: Fredrik Sandsten (Drums)
Martin Hederos (Keyboards)
Ebbot Lundberg (Vocals)
Mattias Bärjed (Guitar, vocals)
Kalle Gustafsson (Bass, violin, vocals)
Ian Person (Guitar, percussion, vocals)

Overview: They are a combination of sixties rock giants like The Who and The Doors, and seventies psychedelic bands like Pink Floyd.

Notible Singles: Sister Surround (2001) Big Time (2004)

Mainstream Appeal: Their song "Big Time" was used as the official theme song for WWE Wrestlemania 21 in 2005 and it also appears on the soundtrack for the video game Gran Turismo 4 along with another one of their singles "Mother One Track Mind".

Official Site www.tsool.net

Last edited by taranchula; 10-01-2006 at 09:44 AM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote