Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:06 AM   #41
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Wow, amazingly fun episode!

I really felt for Bloo in this one, but he made me laugh at the same time so whatever XD I don't REALLY know what to say about it... other than, wow, male bondage and the music was great. I loved the design on the raindrop friend and Bloo showing up outside Mac's apartment in that mustache had me rolling on the floor. 9 to 5... XD
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:39 AM   #42
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

Thank you for the summary, don! I can't wait to watch this episode tomorrow! XD

edit: Watched it!

Oh man this was such an amazing episode... It's just so sweet! And I totally cracked up at Bloo's last antic. XDD Calling Mac Babycakes! Sweetheart! XDD

But it's so... just so sweet. Bloo's affection and love for Mac really goes deep, in the best-friend kind of sense, of course. XD And I loved Mac's reaction to the entire thing, and the ending!! Eeeeeeee. *squees happily*

Last edited by ptps; 09-17-2007 at 10:09 PM.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:30 AM   #43
Match Stick
Settling In

Send a message via MSN to Match Stick

hi...just saw the epi and i like it...i still think the 'bloo superdude' episode is greatest yet in all the seasons...anyway, i think this episode is more sentimental, and actually showing how much mac means to bloo. i don't think we can see much of that in other episodes ...well, not since ' house of bloos' , thats wt i think.

i really really like the raindrop friend. yes, i agree this character is kinda pointless , but i still like him...i figured him having the umbrella was to let him fall like a raindrop he is to the ground, and when i saw bloo pushing him off the roof, i was LOL. when i hear him telling his story, about the french girl and him, i was reminded of the cowgirl toy which was abandoned in Toy Story 2,u know, her singing 'the years went by, i stay the same' sort of stuff... the raindrop friend says sth similar , i think

and i m rly sad that mr herriman didnt make an appearance, i think i will be funny seeing mac in his suit next to mr herriman in his tuxedo...or that's wt i think he's wearing

Last edited by Match Stick; 09-25-2007 at 03:32 AM.
Match Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #44
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

The last few minutes of this episode were pure gold. You know it had never occurred to me to fill balloons with cooking oil. Genius.

There was also that great moment when Bloo tells Fluffer Nutter to scram which turned out to be her crossword answer. I'll be saying 'thaaaaanks!' like that for a while.

The little French misery-loves-company teardrop-thing was beautifully drawn too even if he went on a bit. Cute little umbrella.

I had my doubts that they could keep the high standards that previous Fosters series have set but this one, Bloo Superdude and Something Old, Something Bloo have made TV worth watching again. Oh yeh and the one with Berry was pretty good too.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:59 AM   #45
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I thought that the suicidal French tear-drop (or raindrop) friend was pretty good myself - did anyone happen to catch his name? Clearly the poor tortured fellow was quite eager to end his existence but didn't want to go through with it alone, thus had been lingering in the hopes that another IF would eventually reach his same wavelength of despair. Given that Foster's is a multi-storey building and some of the abandoned friends have been shown to be quite distraught upon arrival, I have to wonder if they have much trouble with IFs threatening to end things then and there by jumping. It's something I would never have expected them to actually bring up within the show, though. Foster's continues to surprise me. Keep it up, fellas!

This was another great episode - Bloo's efforts to impress Mac with his maturity were pretty poignent as well as hilarious. I knew that they'd have to throw in a reference to The Graduate at some point, and I wasn't disappointed, though I give them extra points for managing to side-step that specific moment in which Dustin Hoffman bangs frantically against the glass and screams "Elaine!" It's been homaged enough times already, and there are more creative ways in which to sabotage a wedding, as Bloo here was able to demonstrate.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 10-22-2008 at 04:15 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #46
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
I thought that the suicidal French tear-drop (or raindrop) friend was pretty good myself?did anyone happen to catch his name?
I just listened to the part of the ep where he introduces himself, with headphones to hear better, and it sounded like "Monsieur Oui." That's what it sounded like...
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:09 AM   #47
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I just listened to the part of the ep where he introduces himself, with headphones to hear better, and it sounded like "Monsieur Oui." That's what it sounded like...
I thought it was Monsieur Weep...
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #48
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I did too, but if it is then the P is silent. Perhaps it is, lol.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #49
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I guess it's another thing we'll have to leave it to the subtitles to answer for us. Thanks, though, I really appreciate your insights.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #50
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl
Talking Wee!

::poof:: (Pops out of nowhere.)
OMG, I'm here!! Wait, how did I get here?? o.0;

Oh yeah, I watched "Bride to Beat" and had to come here to comment on it. XD

Don't even ask where I've been,just don't. LOL I am SUCH a slacker when it comes to forums sometimes...but I'll always love FHFIF. I have to catch up SO BAD. I saw this eppy though through Sparky's downloads and I just loved it.
How cute is it that Bloo tried so hard to make sure that Mac wouldn't leave him?? Eps like this are the BEST.
THE BEST, I tell you.
I was laughing and feeling a bit poignant at the same time when Bloo was all hysterically crying and feeling he was really being abandoned. He proves his real self in this episode, coupled with this mischievous side AND his stubborn side that refuses to give in. All of this make Bloo the wonderful little guy he is.
I can't help but think these episodes cater to a lot of different kinds of fans. I felt there was some very mild fluff here and I loved it, but that's just me. (Though I too was a bit like "HUH?" with the whole male bondage thing...LOL Writers crack me up.. XD)
The ending was superb. Mac's reaction was perfect and OMG I LOVED BLOO'S EXPRESSIONS when he was like "Whoops sorry.." to the wedding guests! HA HA! XD
I give this episode 4 stars, yes I do!

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote