Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 05-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Default Made a new friend!

I made friends with a spider yesterday!

I was sitting at my friend's graduation, and something dropped down between my eyes and made me go crosseyed. I put my hand up there and got it down, and it was a tiny cute little white spider! I let it crawl on my hand for a minute (I wasn't threatening it at all so hopefully it had no reason to bite me.. in any case, it didn't) and then scooped him/her up with my program and set him/her on the seat next to me. It spun a little web so it could hang from my program. I had to go, so I let it do its thing (eventually it got bored of hanging there, so I waited until it got to the floor, then I made sure the web wasn't still on my program before I picked it up) and left.

It was a cute experience!
Old 05-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

aww, the tiny ones are cute. Its the quivering, hairy, spindly-legged, bulbous monstrosities that have me reaching for a can of Raid.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

Ahh, I hate spiders! I'm afraid to touch them, and I can't go to sleep knowing one's in my room.

? Long Live Jeremiah ?
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I make friends with spiders all the time, especially Jumpers, since at least they will acknowledge you, one-on-one, rather than just try to run away. Spider behavior is absolutely fascinating to observe. For an invertebrate, those are some pretty darn clever and personable little critters!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #5
Owennoreen
Settling In
Take a lemon and squeeze it in your eyes!  

Lots of times a see i image of a spider in my head and i scream!
I love horror anything horror! Hey remember when you'd wake up and i'd say how you doing? And you'll say what??! And again i'll say how you doing?But this time I'd scream in your ear so loud you fall over unconscious!?Good times man good times! You better stay out of this little girl's way!

Last edited by Owennoreen; 06-21-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: messed up
Owennoreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:24 PM   #6
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

Spiders can be a bit creepy. It can appear in a place where you least expect.

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #7
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash-N-Cortex View Post
Spiders can be a bit creepy. It can appear in a place where you least expect.
But that's half the fun, finding something cool in a place where you didn't expect it, like this big fat girl that crawled out from underneath one of our church pews last Sunday:

She's a BIG Kukulcania hibernalis, or "Southern Black House Spider", or "Black Crevice Spider"-completely harmless and docile as a kitten. Fortunately, I tend to keep empty plastic vials and condiment cups in my purse, for just this sort of occasion, and I scooped her up before she could cause too much of a stir among the congregation! The preacher(whom I've mentioned on here before as a Foster's fan himself) already had gotten used to me napping multi-legged critters during the services, so he didn't even break stride in his sermon! He just joked about the spider being a better audience to his sermons than some of the church members at the other church he preaches at!

My female Daring Jumping Spider(Phidippus audax) is every bit as much a pet as a cat or dog. She actually pays attention to me when I talk to her, and will jump out of her container when I open it and perch on my finger, or follow my finger around the outside of her enclosure while she's inside. She learned quickly that I feed her using a pair of long forceps, and all I have to do to get her really wound up is to show her the forceps! But then, what would I expect from a critter of which 70% of its body weight is brain?

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:31 PM   #8
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Wow, I want a pet jumping spider now! Never thought of keeping one, I just look at them when I find them outside or whatever.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote