Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #141
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Ahhhh Spring, The sun is shining, the grass is that perfect shade of green, the leaves are starting to bud and Foster's is back on the tube.

This episode was indeed pure 100% grade A USDA randomness, the best kind of randomness there is. So many jokes flying at me I thought my head was going to spin, thankfully the jokes we got worked so well. Strung out Ed, Madam Foster's courtroom hijinks (Complete with "Phoenix Wilt: Attorney at Law"), Jackie Khones Jackie Khones and Jackie Khones (Man for a little guy he sure can hit.), Bloo being Bloo and Frankie Foster and the no good horrible day part 33 and a 1/3, just to name a few.

Not the best episode ever, but it was certainly good enough to keep me entertained for 22 minuets and really I couldn't ask for anything more.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #142
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

I think the other important difference between this one and "Imposter's..." is that it wasn't only one character getting dumped on this time, so the abuse didn't feel personal or vindictive. In this kind of "lunatics-take-over-the-asylum" situation, all of the "straight man" characters are inevitably going to have a rough time of it; as such, not just Frankie but Mac and Wilt also were consigned to spending the episode chasing frantically after their errant companions, taking more than a few knocks on the way.

I'm a fan of the straight characters, so this isn't my personal favourite type of episode (I didn't really like the similar Partying Is Such Sweet Soiree or Camp Keep A Good Mac Down either), but I'm happy to accept that being marginalised by (and taking a few lumps for) the zanier characters is part and parcel of their role on the show, so I'm fine with it.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #143
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

You guys, I don't watch Powerpuff Girls...is it true that the observatory in this ep looks like Mojo Jojo's lair? Someone said as much on another forum. Doesn't make it *true*, so I was just wondering.

Last edited by Sparky; 05-05-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:32 PM   #144
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I think the thing that ended up bothering me was more of the type of crap that Frankie was being put through. "Imposter's" relied mainly on emotional and personal abuse, Frankie was more emotionally stressed out more then anything.

Normally physical is something i write off as common visuals in a cartoon, but it just seemed so much painful when Frankie was climbing up the hill. Maybe it was the blood which I have to say, I am VERY very surprised they showed that.

Be it gushing or small drops, the fact a non violent show like Foster's actually had that kind of, if you pardon the pun, "flesh" to it's visuals was very surprising. I also was upset that this continued the whole bad public image thing.

Here, Frankie was chewed up by everyone and their mother in town. Mac and the others did have their own crap to pull with, except Frankie will still probably end up getting stuck with doctor bills, damage fees and other stuff like that.

In a way though I also admire Frankie, most people would quit any job after going through a day like that. I didn't hate this episode, as I said i really did have fun watching it, it's one of those "turn off your brain" mindless fun episodes.

I just can't help feeling for Frankie though, must be my nature.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #145
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

Frankie is the overworked and underappreciated in all of us.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:50 PM   #146
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
You guys, I don't watch Powerpuff Girls...is it true that the observatory in this ep looks like Mojo Jojo's lair? Someone said as much on another forum. Doesn't make it *true*, so I was just wondering.
From what I remember Mojo Jojo's lair looked like an observatory and it had these steps that lead up to it. I don't think it was all white though. You could say that it looks like his lair, but then you could say any observatory looks like his lair.

<Click!
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:33 AM   #147
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Before I start, I don't know how to do spoiler warnings, but if you don't want spooilers and haven't seen the episode yet, DON'T READ THIS THREAD!

Wow. Looking at the other posts I gotta ask, were we watching the SAME episode? Maybe I watched a different, funnier version to you guys. Yeah, you heard me, I think the episode was brilliant. It didn't NEED any plot other than Frankie and Madame Foster's stressful day. Yeah, i did feeel bad for Frankie 'cause I can SO relate to that. i didin't mind the hill-climbing scene at all, cause after all she'd been through, a simple hill isn't gonna make much difference.

Cheese fans were probably dissappointed, cause Cheese is capable of much more intelligent conversation than that uttered in this episode. I think they used him pretty well, but that's probably cause I can't much stand him for too long.

Jackie was brilliant. We finally got to see what kind of personality he has, and truth be told, it's a bit like Bloo's. I thought the Fosters crew were gonna keep him as a bit character with one liners forever, but I'm not unhappy that they didn't.

Eduardo's performance no longer needs detailing. Just read the other posts.

As for Wilt, you people are putting him too much on a pedestal. he's not superhuman, he's NEAR superhuman, and he can be unhappy at times. If you were in the middle of all that, would YOU be smiling?

Also, he was reading "The Blockhead's guide to defence law". The Blockhead's guide is quite a prolific brand, we've seen it on at least two other episodes to date (Berry Scary and Hiccy-Burps). I just like those random past-episode references, like Dylan, trying not to be seen.

All in all, I think it went together great. Yes, I agree it was more random than most Fosters episodes, but suffered not for it. I think it was well worth the wait.

Oh, BTW, I think that CAGG is not the official season premiere, but just part of the CN promo going on right now. The episode they show you next will be the one the Fosters crew want us to see first. I'd like to see the opening title shot for it, too.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:31 AM   #148
Shany
At Home

It was a pretty average epsiode. I don't think Bloo got enough screen time (and I don't even like Bloo that much).
For this episode to work it needed to have much more of Bloo's craziness.
At least he had some good lines, like near the end:"You know not what you are doing woman! You're dooming us all!"

I have to say, this show likes to abuse it's characters. Poor Frankie, I really hope she'll get to beat Bloo up at least once, seeing as he's usually the cause of her trouble.

Jackie and Madam Foster in court just didn't work for me. I hated Madam Foster's 'sucking up to the judge' because it took too long and wasn't funny.
I did like her yelling "Khones!" every time she got mad at Jackie.
Wilt as a lawyer was funny, even if it was very very short.

I liked Ed's performance, but it seemed to drag for a bit too long.
What he said to Bloo made me luagh. Totally what people are thinking about Bloo - not liking him because he's selfish, forgiving him because he's not aware of it like a kid, and finding him funny.
Shany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:53 AM   #149
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

Another thing I forgot to mention about this episode is the appearence of TONS of people from old episodes. I saw Dylan, That one guy that got arrested in GWH, the "hitchhiker" for Bus The Two of Us, and a whole bunch of other people randomly thrown throughout other episodes. THAT is a nice touch to start off a new season.
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:43 AM   #150
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
As for Wilt, you people are putting him too much on a pedestal. he's not superhuman, he's NEAR superhuman, and he can be unhappy at times. If you were in the middle of all that, would YOU be smiling?
Thank you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I think the thing that ended up bothering me was more of the type of crap that Frankie was being put through. "Imposter's" relied mainly on emotional and personal abuse, Frankie was more emotionally stressed out more then anything.

Normally physical is something i write off as common visuals in a cartoon, but it just seemed so much painful when Frankie was climbing up the hill. Maybe it was the blood which I have to say, I am VERY very surprised they showed that.

Be it gushing or small drops, the fact a non violent show like Foster's actually had that kind of, if you pardon the pun, "flesh" to it's visuals was very surprising. I also was upset that this continued the whole bad public image thing.

Here, Frankie was chewed up by everyone and their mother in town. Mac and the others did have their own crap to pull with, except Frankie will still probably end up getting stuck with doctor bills, damage fees and other stuff like that.

In a way though I also admire Frankie, most people would quit any job after going through a day like that. I didn't hate this episode, as I said i really did have fun watching it, it's one of those "turn off your brain" mindless fun episodes.

I just can't help feeling for Frankie though, must be my nature.
Your nature and mine, dude. I hadn't thought about the "public image" aspect of the whole thing, but it's a good point. Things like the events here and in Store Wars, for example, can add up in people's minds and give her an undeserved reputation as a public nuisance.

The scene on the hill was painful, yes, but on the other hand it showed her determined nature and fighting spirit, an "I'm getting to the top and nothing's going to stop me" attitude. And despite being battered and bruised she did make it to the top, which may be a small victory but it's a victory nonetheless and a reason to smile.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote