Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 04-08-2007, 08:24 AM   #21
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

I used to be a firm believer in the Loch Ness Monster. I still like to think Nessie's out there somewhere. I have a friend who swears that she saw Big Foot walking down her street
Old 04-16-2007, 06:10 AM   #22
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
Don't forget Mokele Mbembe. Totally plausible.
I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with this term. Could you possibly explain it slightly?

As for cryptozoology, I have a hard time not believing in it. While I'm certain that some of these creatures are hoaxes, such as Nessie, most Bigfoot sightings, and the Lizard Man, I don't disbelieve that there are some creatures that we have no scientific evidence to go on around the world. However, I don't feel that, simply because they may exist, that means they may be supernatural (though I'm a believer in that too).

For the most part, I agree with pitbulllady's stand on the subject: there are so many creatures that are still being discovered that it's hard to discount cryptozoology itself due to the fact that some of the creatures described therein may truly exist and simply have no classification yet.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #23
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Mokele Mbembe is a large lizard/serpent that lives in the Congo, locals say the thing is big enough to eat elephants. Most often is said to be perhaps a rontosaurus or something of that nature. I'd think a brontosaurus would have a hard time eating an elephant what with it being a veghetarian and all, but thats just my opinion.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:33 PM   #24
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
Mokele Mbembe is a large lizard/serpent that lives in the Congo, locals say the thing is big enough to eat elephants. Most often is said to be perhaps a rontosaurus or something of that nature. I'd think a brontosaurus would have a hard time eating an elephant what with it being a veghetarian and all, but thats just my opinion.
I think I heard of that. My guess is that it would more likely be a larger cousin of the komodo dragon. But it would be cool is there still were dinosaurs out there.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #25
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I thought Moele Mbeme (sp?) was some dinousaur still living.

Last edited by Invader Bloo; 04-17-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:17 PM   #26
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

So that's what the Mothman's about! I grew up hearing storys of giant Owls and Owl-Men being seen in the deepest, darkest forests of Northern Europe. In our mythology they were the ghosts of the once-powerful pagan dietys from thousands of years ago when the deep woods were still full of unknown terror.

On a related note has the existence of the South American big-cat the Onza ever been confirmed as a separate species? The Spaniads told of the beast in Montezuma's zoo but it's generally believed what was seen there was an unusually formed Puma.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:05 PM   #27
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
So that's what the Mothman's about! I grew up hearing storys of giant Owls and Owl-Men being seen in the deepest, darkest forests of Northern Europe. In our mythology they were the ghosts of the once-powerful pagan dietys from thousands of years ago when the deep woods were still full of unknown terror.

On a related note has the existence of the South American big-cat the Onza ever been confirmed as a separate species? The Spaniads told of the beast in Montezuma's zoo but it's generally believed what was seen there was an unusually formed Puma.
Owl-Men? Pagan Gods?

sweeeeeeet!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:21 PM   #28
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Man, that sounds like something straight from a storyline of "King" Kirby himself. The fact that it hasn't been mined for entertainment today is astonishing and awesome at the same time.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote