Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #721
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
Wilt's dreams must be about him screwing up because all he says in his sleep is "Sorry,sorry,sorry".
LAWL. Poor Wilt, always screwing up in his dreams. XD

IN HIS DREAMS! XD

Well, it came true once. I guess. Or twice.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:26 PM   #722
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

I still think he probably has nightmares about common stuff, too. I mean, nightmares can range from truly horrific to just mildly upsetting. Of course Wilt probably dreams about his past and such, but I'm sure he has "common" nightmares as well. Like for me, a nightmare I always have is that I'm really late. I absolutely HATE HATE HATE being late, but whenever I dream about it, I'm incredibly behind and everything that can possibly go wrong goes wrong. To me, that qualifies as a nightmare.

Perhaps his common nightmares include trying to help someone, but ending up just making it worse, or perhaps that Bloo beats him at basketball
Old 01-24-2007, 04:16 AM   #723
JPPT1974
Winter Wonderland

Cheese Fan  

But Wilt will do anything and everything for a friend
I have only seen him once or twice get angry
Always a class act IMHO!
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:01 AM   #724
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

I was just thinking.

Maybe Wilt WAS abandoned when his family moved away, but Wilt didn't know until it was too late. (And we didn't see that probably because we had already been told that) Maybe he DIDN'T really run away when we saw the movie; maybe he just went somewhere for a little while to "cool off", and almost convinced himself his creator'd forgive him if he tried, but finding that his home was empty, dark and lifeless. Then he found he was too late. And then he probably reconsived himself that it was his fault for everything that happened.

I actually read the idea in story form out loud, and I almost cried because it seemed so sad. And no, in the story mode I didn't make him cry. XD

For a moment, Wilt felt as though he was a lost child; one that seemed to have misplaced their parents. But however, he couldn't really relate to that because he wasn't a human and therefore cannot be a child at all. But he just had that feeling of being lost.

He thought that maybe Jordan'd forgive him of his ills, but he was too late to apologize. All of his family he had left...

Was himself.

But hey, just a thought. XD
Old 01-26-2007, 07:58 AM   #725
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Hmm...Maybe. 00ber sad thought, though. =(
Old 01-26-2007, 10:20 AM   #726
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
I was just thinking.

Maybe Wilt WAS abandoned when his family moved away, but Wilt didn't know until it was too late. (And we didn't see that probably because we had already been told that) Maybe he DIDN'T really run away when we saw the movie; maybe he just went somewhere for a little while to "cool off", and almost convinced himself his creator'd forgive him if he tried, but finding that his home was empty, dark and lifeless. Then he found he was too late. And then he probably reconsived himself that it was his fault for everything that happened.

I actually read the idea in story form out loud, and I almost cried because it seemed so sad. And no, in the story mode I didn't make him cry. XD

For a moment, Wilt felt as though he was a lost child; one that seemed to have misplaced their parents. But however, he couldn't really relate to that because he wasn't a human and therefore cannot be a child at all. But he just had that feeling of being lost.

He thought that maybe Jordan'd forgive him of his ills, but he was too late to apologize. All of his family he had left...

Was himself.

But hey, just a thought. XD
I saw no indication that the Michaels family were preparing to move away at the time of the "Big Game". Jordan DID say, on the other hand, that he looked and looked for Wilt, and he was obviously very hurt that he could not find him, probably assuming that Wilt had gone away and died, like an injured animal, or that if Wilt had survived, he left because he hated Jordan for not helping him when he was hurt. Jordan even told the others that "he hates me" when they told him that Wilt was alive and apparently trying to find Jordan. Wilt was badly hurt when he left, probably in shock, and not thinking clearly at all, so he would have needed more than just to "cool off". It wasn't like he was angry with Jordan, but with himself, and we all know it's much easier to forgive someone else(as difficult as THAT can be, sometimes)than it is to forgive one's self. Wilt obviously never did forgive himself, but carried around that guilt and self-loathing for 30 years.

I'd mentioned in an earlier post that had Jordan and Wilt not been separated by that freak circumstance, I don't think that Wilt would ever have left that family. He would have always been a valued and much-loved member of the Michaels clan as long as he lived. IF Jordan's family HAD moved away following Wilt's injuries, it would have been weeks, probably months, later, after exhausting all efforts to find Wilt, and giving him up as dead. By this time, Wilt probably would have either already had surgery to remove that useless, mangled arm, or would be very sick and horrible pain, so again, he probably wouldn't be able to make it back home even if he did believe that they wanted him back.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #727
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Well, we didn't have any indication of his family moving away because it wasn't in the movie. WE never knew exactly what was going on outside the court. What we saw were just BITS of Wilt's past, mainly based on how he lost his arm and eye.

The way I see it, I'd think it'd be spoiling us if we had more evidence of his past. We wanted to know how he lost his arm and eye; that's what they gave us. Nothing more.

They couldn't be lieing to us when they said that he was abandoned when his family moved, since we don't really know when exactly it happened. It could be like you said, weeks or a month after the incident happened, giving up on the search for Wilt. I had a feeling that at first, Wilt almost blames his creator for being underneath Larry, but then realised that it was HIS actions the caused things to happen, though it's the truth, Wilt MIGHT lie to himself that it didn't happen, like we all would when something this bad happens. Sooner or later he'd learn to accept the truth, but loath himself because of what HE did, until now, at the end of Good Wilt Hunting.

This'd also explain when Wilt says "Then I never saw him again," to Floofy Woogums. His creator must've moved away, since Wilt obviously couldn't find his creator either, when/if he had gone back, to find his creator, and sort things out, only to find he was too late.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:07 PM   #728
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
This'd also explain when Wilt says "Then I never saw him again," to Floofy Woogums. His creator must've moved away, since Wilt obviously couldn't find his creator either, when/if he had gone back, to find his creator, and sort things out, only to find he was too late.
BUT, Wilt specifies that he did not lose his creator "spatially", so much as "figuratively". He had known all along WHERE Jordan was, as in his location, but felt that the emotional bond between them had been severed, permanently, by his losing the game by forfeiting that one deciding point. He would have felt that there was no point in trying to go home, since he believed he would not have been welcome any longer. Wilt's definition of "lost" is a much more abstract concept than merely misplacing something/someone or being physically separated from them.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #729
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
BUT, Wilt specifies that he did not lose his creator "spatially", so much as "figuratively". He had known all along WHERE Jordan was, as in his location, but felt that the emotional bond between them had been severed, permanently, by his losing the game by forfeiting that one deciding point. He would have felt that there was no point in trying to go home, since he believed he would not have been welcome any longer. Wilt's definition of "lost" is a much more abstract concept than merely misplacing something/someone or being physically separated from them.

pitbulllady
It really did NOT make much sense when he said that, though. "Figurative" probably doesn't give us much hinting to what he truly meant by losing Jordan, and gave us a word that we'd have to decipher. Even though his definition of "lost" has more to it than in a dictionary, he didn't really get to hint us just WHAT "figurative" was supposed to mean and, if not telling us, WHY he described it like that. Unless you people got it.

Being lost for 30 years is a really long time, if you really think about it. 30 years of self-loathing, convinced that it was HIS fault for "losing" his creator, convinced he had failed Jordan, when after hearing his creator's words, realised he had thought of it the wrong way.

If Wilt didn't do what he did 31 years back, Wilt would still loathe himself, for his creator would end up crippled for life, or possibly dead.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:48 PM   #730
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I bet Wilt would of tortured himself if he never saved Jordan. But atleast it's all better now! I doubt Wilt's character will chang in season 5. (He'll still say sorry for everything,etc...)

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote