Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #11
megatron01
Banned

Hmm. I see. Well, SQUARE-ENIX never makes platformers. So, if I want a Platformer of FOSTERS, made by certain game company, I would say CAPCOM, or KONAMI to do the platformers. What do you think?
Old 01-15-2007, 03:51 PM   #12
Bride_Of_Lister
Newly Abandoned
Permanently Distracted  

Send a message via MSN to Bride_Of_Lister

I could see it working like the N64 games Gex 3d, Banjo-Kazooie or Mario 64. Themed worlds with puzzles and a vague ongoing plot.

Now I've got the image of Mac the angsty hero all in leather with a really big sword. Will Final Foster's be the hit of the season?
Old 01-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #13
megatron01
Banned

"It would help that these companies are American in this case; Foster's is an American show, with a very American sense of humour" What's the matter? HATE Japanese game companies? I think the Japanese make better videogames than we do, and yes, some games made in America are good (for example: GUN by Activision). You just have to understand. Japan will always be one step ahead of us. If I was racist, or if I was offending you and everyone else on this board, I'm sorry.

As Wilt would say, "Is that OK?"

As a response to Bride_Of_Lister's statement, I think it will be a hit. The gameplay mechanics will be a little different. Instead of "MAGIC" in other RPG's, it is replaced by "ABILITIES". Abilities are the spells in the game. Instead of MP (Magic Points) it is AP (Ability Points). On the adventure game, I think it will be a BIG flop. No offense.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 01-15-2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: PLEASE STOP POSTING BACK-TO-BACK!
Old 01-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #14
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzeroace View Post
Personally I can't see Fosters working well with an RPG system. I just can't see the chars fighting random monsters all the time. Now I can see an adventure like game, maybe with a little bit of platform thrown in. It could be made by someone like Telltale Games or Double Fine.

I really think Fosters is more puzzle friendly then it is fighting.
agreed. square enix? no. mainly because theyre too busy with FF and stuff. maybe nintendo or something. and agreed, puzzle would make more sense than RPG, or maybe a MMORPG would be nice(kinda like BFAHP, only multi-player)
Old 01-17-2007, 11:22 AM   #15
megatron01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
agreed. square enix? no. mainly because theyre too busy with FF and stuff. maybe nintendo or something. and agreed, puzzle would make more sense than RPG, or maybe a MMORPG would be nice(kinda like BFAHP, only multi-player)

Puzzle games are the absolute worst type of game, and platformers are OK (yes, I DO like SOME platformers). You all hate my ideas, because you all think the FOSTER'S RPG would be a total flop. Cartoon games should be RPG's because they have better music than platformers. (except some games like CONTRA) As I said before, the puzzle game idea would be terrible.

These are the companies that I would NOT have the FOSTER's game made by:

THQ (especially!)
Activision
Electronic Arts (EA)
Neversoft
Rockstar Games
Telltale Games
Double Fine Productions
ALL AMERICAN DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES

Companies that I want the Foster's game made by (NOTE: these companies are from the country that makes the best video games: JAPAN!)
1. SQUARE-ENIX (best RPG makers ever!)
2. Atlus Co. Ltd. /Atlus USA, Inc. (Done Shin Megami Tensei)
3. Natsume- (Published Lufia II)
4 Taito Corporation (Japan)
5 Camelot Software Publishing- (They did Golden Sun I and II for Nintendo for the Game Boy Advance)
6 CAPCOM Co. Ltd/CAPCOM USA, Inc. (They did the Breath of Fire RPG series)
7 STING Co. Ltd (JAPAN) They done the Evolution series for the Sega Dreamcast and the Nintendo Gamecube, and they did Rivera the Promised Land for the Game Boy Advance.
8: Nintendo/HAL Labortory (Japan) They published Golden Sun I and II for the Game Boy Advance
9: Tonkin House (they did a few games that were sold in Japan only that I like on the SNES)

These are the companies that I would concider that would make the FOSTER's RPG if SQUARE-ENIX decides not to.
PLEASE accept my ideas. OK?

Last edited by megatron01; 01-17-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #16
Bride_Of_Lister
Newly Abandoned
Permanently Distracted  

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron01 View Post
These are the companies that I would concider that would make the FOSTER's RPG if SQUARE-ENIX decides not to.
PLEASE accept my ideas. OK?
Woah, Square-Enix have never been approached about it, its just speculation!

I hate to say it but I find it very unlikley that any Japanese developers would touch a Foster's game with a ten foot pole.

'sides Japan isn't the final word in gaming, there are stacks of good western game companys. They can't just be glossed over, its like the anime fans who discount any and all western pop culture just 'cos it's not Japanese.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:35 PM   #17
megatron01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride_Of_Lister View Post
I hate to say it but I find it very unlikley that any Japanese developers would touch a Foster's game with a ten foot pole.
Maybe its because the Japanese can't understand our comedy and maybe its because they HATE our cartoons. The only cartoon-based games that are made in Japan are Anime Games. NO AMERICAN BASED CARTOON GAMES. Now American game developers are going to have to do American cartoon-based games. The Japanese USED to do it! For example, CAPCOM is a Japanese game company that did Disney games. KONAMI is another Japanese game company did a few Warner Brothers games, and did a few arcade games of American cartoons. For example, KONAMI has done the Simpsons Arcade Game in 1991. Then KONAMI did The Wild West C.O.W BOYS of Moo Mesa in 1992, then in 2001, KONAMI made an arcade game of one of Craig McCracken's eariest creations for Cartoon Network: The Powerpuff Girls. Is there a reason why the Japanese quit making games based on American cartoons?

Last edited by megatron01; 01-17-2007 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Mistakes
Old 01-17-2007, 09:22 PM   #18
Bride_Of_Lister
Newly Abandoned
Permanently Distracted  

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron01 View Post
Maybe its because the Japanese can't understand our comedy and maybe its because they HATE our cartoons. The only cartoon-based games that are made in Japan are Anime Games. NO AMERICAN BASED CARTOON GAMES. Now American game developers are going to have to do American cartoon-based games. The Japanese USED to do it! For example, CAPCOM is a Japanese game company that did Disney games. KONAMI is another Japanese game company did a few Warner Brothers games, and did a few arcade games of American cartoons. For example, KONAMI has done the Simpsons Arcade Game in 1991. Then KONAMI did The Wild West C.O.W BOYS of Moo Mesa in 1992, then in 2001, KONAMI made an arcade game of one of Craig McCracken's earliest creations for Cartoon Network: The Powerpuff Girls. Is there a reason why the Japanese quit making games based on American cartoons?
Way to generalize, have you seen the Japanese fan sites for western shows?. Anyway are you agreeing with my points or not? Yes, Japan used to make games based on American cartoons but that was from the time when Japan was pretty much the end all in gaming. The first examples you site are more then 15 years out of date and are from the afore mentioned period when Japan had an even greater share in development then now.The PowerPuff Girls have been popular in Japan since the show was released there(There is even a Japanese version of the PPG) and is defiantly an exception. I'm not a market expert but I think the reason for the decline of the tiny market of Japanese cartoon games is that it is so much more expensive to make a game in Japan when you can get it done in America at a fraction of the cost.

Ah, I'm going to regret this later but I can't resist...
Old 01-18-2007, 10:13 AM   #19
Shany
At Home

Quote:
These are the companies that I would NOT have the FOSTER's game made by: ...
ALL AMERICAN DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES
Why are you automatically assuming that any American game is bad, and any Japanese game is good? That is an aweful generalization.

Besides, if I remember correctly, the PPG Gameboy Advance games were pretty bad. Not sure if you're talking about those.

Is the Foster's GBA game any good? What genre is it?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #20
megatron01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride_Of_Lister View Post
I'm not a market expert but I think the reason for the decline of the tiny market of Japanese cartoon games is that it is so much more expensive to make a game in Japan when you can get it done in America at a fraction of the cost.
So that's the reason. Hmm. May I ask you a question? Since you think games made by Japanese companies that are expensive to make, which American company would be best to make the RPG? (Even though it's made in America, it MUST have that Japanese flair that the Japanese use in their games, for example, Japanese-Americans who live in America who know how to make games exactly like the Japanese.)

And the answer for your question Shany:
The Powerpuff Girls game was an arcade game (VERY HARD TO FIND),
The FOSTER'S game genre is a PLATFORMER, and the reason why I like Japanese made games over American made games is because they have that certain Japanese flair to them. Yes, I do admit, that America has made a pretty good amount of games I like, for example: Turok by Acclaim, GUN by Activision/Neversoft, Halo & Halo II by BUNGIE, and the Grand Theft Auto series . The good news is that the American made games are at least trying to capture that certain Japanese flair used in their old games from the past to the present. So I do give some credit to the American developers for doing that.

Last edited by megatron01; 01-18-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Closed Thread