Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #21
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Light View Post
I own a pair of light blue Converse and I wear them all the time. I've been wearing mine practically every day for the last two years and they're still in pretty good shape.
Fair enough, but I have not had similar experiences with dozens of pairs of All-Stars.

Either way, I'll maintain that they simply are not worth $40.00, especially not now that they are made overseas.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:13 AM   #22
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

Hay those are awesome! Normally I don't like stuff with holes or rips, but if there's plaid underneath... Converse rock. I wish I would have lived through the 80s. They had GLOW IN THE DARK ONES. Blargragarasnargle!

I wear mine all the time. They look like this: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../Picture64.jpg except now there's beads on the laces and glitter glue on them. I also have this ridiculous bright traffic cone orange pair of high tops. I can't wear those most of the time cause they make the rest of my outfit look dull. They are so bright it is mind-blowing. And of course I have a black pair... those are for people to sign and write how much they love me. XD

Last edited by Jabberwocky; 12-09-2006 at 07:17 AM.
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:19 AM   #23
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

Hey, my second oldest brother, Mike, used to wear those shoes when he was a kid! (He's almost 30 now)
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #24
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Default The "Ultimate" Comfort Test of Wilt Shoes

Have you worn them while Christmas shopping?
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #25
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlaz View Post
Have you worn them while Christmas shopping?

Funny you should ask that! I wore mine today while shopping at the mall in Pineville, North Carolina, where there is a Hot Topic. I walked in there to see if they had the Foster's shirt with all the characters(they didn't-sold out), and was IMMEDIATELY "mobbed" by one of the employees, who was your typical "Goth" Hot Topic type-black hair, black lipstick, pierced eyebrows, all-black clothing, black nail polish-you get the picture. Looked a lot like me when I was in college and going through my "Punk" phase, really. Anyway, I had just walked in, had not said a WORD to anyone, and she spots me and starts squealing, "OH MY GOD! DONCHA just LOOOOVE WILT!!?" It was really weird, honestly-she KNEW that I was a Wilt fan just from the shoes, and KNEW that I'd come in that store to look for the t-shirt, and before I could even TELL her that, she said, "Oh, man...we like, had those shirts with Wilt and all the rest of the guys on it, but it like, sold out two days after we got 'em in...sorry!" We then spent the nest half-hour discussing Good Wilt Hunting until another customer needed help finding someing, and I realized how late it was and I still hadn't finished Christmas shopping.

I'm telling y'all, Converse and Cartoon Network are missing out on a HUGE merchandising bonanza here, by marketing those All-Stars with Wilt's picture on 'em!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #26
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Funny you should ask that! I wore mine today while shopping at the mall in Pineville, North Carolina, where there is a Hot Topic. I walked in there to see if they had the Foster's shirt with all the characters(they didn't-sold out), and was IMMEDIATELY "mobbed" by one of the employees, who was your typical "Goth" Hot Topic type-black hair, black lipstick, pierced eyebrows, all-black clothing, black nail polish-you get the picture. Looked a lot like me when I was in college and going through my "Punk" phase, really. Anyway, I had just walked in, had not said a WORD to anyone, and she spots me and starts squealing, "OH MY GOD! DONCHA just LOOOOVE WILT!!?" It was really weird, honestly-she KNEW that I was a Wilt fan just from the shoes, and KNEW that I'd come in that store to look for the t-shirt, and before I could even TELL her that, she said, "Oh, man...we like, had those shirts with Wilt and all the rest of the guys on it, but it like, sold out two days after we got 'em in...sorry!" We then spent the nest half-hour discussing Good Wilt Hunting until another customer needed help finding someing, and I realized how late it was and I still hadn't finished Christmas shopping.
Lucky. If I knew the locations of any Hot Topics around here I'd try that, but odds are I'd just get the apathetic nose-ring-wearing teenagers that shun the watchers of cartoons... or something.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:36 AM   #27
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post

I'm telling y'all, Converse and Cartoon Network are missing out on a HUGE merchandising bonanza here, by marketing those All-Stars with Wilt's picture on 'em!

pitbulllady

That's really cool! Sorry you didn't the the t-shirt you wanted.

I do agree there should be more Fosters merchanise gracing our stores!
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:32 AM   #28
podpazie
Newly Abandoned
I got a Coupon  

I love converse and swear by them. Not only are they really fooking comfy they are extreamly durable and washable. My kids have been wearing them since they were wee babes, yes cons make baby sizes. I had a couple pairs of the off-white the whole time I was working as a nursing assistant. The washable aspect came in real handy, I think you can guess why.

I use this picture as a PSA for the area where I live. These are my kid's feet and the poster it's on reads Walk for Sobriety.

podpazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:10 PM   #29
TrickyDisco
Newly Abandoned
Flange!  

Send a message via AIM to TrickyDisco Send a message via MSN to TrickyDisco

I love my Converses. Most comfortable shoe EVAH.
I got a pair of yellow ones about three years ago and I wear them all the time (as long as the weather doesn't require you to drive a snowmobile that is.)
They are quite well-worm and holey now, but I still sport them every chance I get

The Wilt connection is just a cool bonus!

** Update 26/12/06: New icons from Transformers: The Movie **
TrickyDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:59 AM   #30
creamz06
Kissing Tiny Flowers

?  

Send a message via Yahoo to creamz06

I actually have two pairs of shoes like Wilt's, except one is low top. I have a high-top red Chuck Taylor (and it's also my grandpa's name) Converse shoes and I also have low-top black Omega shoes, they look like Converse though.

I wear size 10. I got big feet!

Last edited by creamz06; 01-01-2007 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Forgot their color
creamz06 is offline   Reply With Quote