Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Rate Make Believe It Or Not
A 32 50.79%
B 23 36.51%
C 6 9.52%
D 1 1.59%
F 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2006, 11:41 AM   #111
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
You see why I chose not to get into this discussion anymore? Keep it cool, guys. If you cannot, then please, avoid this topic. Thanks.
I don't see anyone getting "over-the-top" yet....strong opinions getting thrown around but there hasn't been outright name-calling or punches thrown. LOL

Of course, when discussing GWH this may occur after all.... XD

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #112
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

If people's feelings are getting hurt, then yes. Things are getting a wee bit over the top.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #113
Voxxyn
Banned

Foster's isn't really just any cartoon.

Most of the children's cartoons that air on both Nick and CN split each episode into two 11-minute stories, and live by wacky slapsticky humor and situations instead of any kind of storytelling depth. That's not a personal bash towards any of them, it's the simple fact.

Foster's devotes it's entire 22+ minute-per-episode runtime to a single story, which is very rare for a cartoon that isn't an adult primetime sitcom or action-oriented. This leaves a lot of room for the story to be given depth, and for the characters to be developed and fleshed out... and thus causing the fans to form such a deep attachment to them.

IMO, I don't watch Foster's just for the comedy. The comedy is a big part, but it's not because of the plot driving the characters, but the CHARACTERS driving the plot. It's a very character-driven show, and I personally watch to see what the characters will do next, regardless of the outcome. Sometimes it'll make me laugh, sometimes it will touch my heart--and sometimes it'll completely BREAK and SHATTER my heart. It's affected me in a way that no other show(cartoon or live-action) has. I love it.

(That said, I still think that IHFUMEUP is evil and doesn't deserve to exist)
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:13 PM   #114
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
Foster's isn't really just any cartoon.

Most of the children's cartoons that air on both Nick and CN split each episode into two 11-minute stories, and live by wacky slapsticky humor and situations instead of any kind of storytelling depth. That's not a personal bash towards any of them, it's the simple fact.

Foster's devotes it's entire 22+ minute-per-episode runtime to a single story, which is very rare for a cartoon that isn't an adult primetime sitcom or action-oriented. This leaves a lot of room for the story to be given depth, and for the characters to be developed and fleshed out... and thus causing the fans to form such a deep attachment to them.

IMO, I don't watch Foster's just for the comedy. The comedy is a big part, but it's not because of the plot driving the characters, but the CHARACTERS driving the plot. It's a very character-driven show, and I personally watch to see what the characters will do next, regardless of the outcome. Sometimes it'll make me laugh, sometimes it will touch my heart--and sometimes it'll completely BREAK and SHATTER my heart. It's affected me in a way that no other show(cartoon or live-action) has. I love it.

(That said, I still think that IHFUMEUP is evil and doesn't deserve to exist)
Thank you, thank you, Voxxyn-I could not have put it better myself! No, it's not "real life", but it has many situations that closely mirror real-life, situations that we can personally relate to, and that is something you don't see much on tv in ANY form these days.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:45 PM   #115
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

You're over reacting, Voxxyn.

No one is saying Foster's is 'just a cartoon' as in something that shouldn't matter. No, we're not. You're putting words into my mouth if that's what you're getting at. Foster's is a good show, not just good but great. But what you and a few other people do is over analyse and criticize what is meant to be just harmless fun over characters that technically 'aren't real' is what's so disturbing.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m as much a fan of this show as you guys. But sometimes I just like to sit back and enjoy the episodes rather then nit pick every little detail and over analyse what the character did and why. Sure, now and then I theorise, but never do I go to the point of arguing with fellow fans over if something was in character or not.

So Bloo locked Mac out of a room. There's much worse that's happened. Wilt shoving Herriman down a flight of stairs, anyone remember that? Or Bloo making Mr. Herriman almost break his back by making him fall down an even BIGGER set of stairs.

We all know the Space Nut Boogies were really no massive threat, like a killer, their only torture device was a tickling machine and Goo's singing. Not really THAT much of a threat, really.

Am I making excuses? No. So DON'T make it seem like I am, or that I'm out to put down anyone here. I'm just stating what I see, and what I feel. If you guys can go on about one moment, while stepping on people's toes, then I can say this.

But sorry if I have, it’s just this thread has been causing a lot of distress and concern over what’s being said. Please, let’s not ruin the fun atmosphere here by letting this continue. Please.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #116
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

there are plenty of 30 minute-length children's cartoons...

Foster's not perticularly unique in that respect.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:24 AM   #117
Hoshikaji
Newly Abandoned
*snap* Fetch a cake for the boy.  

::dies:: This was such an awesome episode that it nearly replaced Frankie My Dear for me as my favorite. Nearly. Very nearly. It unlocked so many childhood memories! Especially things like "Nuh uh! I have super powers! So you can't capture me!" "Oh yeah?! Well, I can turn into a mermaid! So you can't catch me!" This is exactly why I find Fosters so amazing. <3 <3

OH, GOOD WILT HUNTING TONIIIIIIGHT! ::salutes Lord Snotzak:: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Hoshikaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:01 AM   #118
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshikaji View Post
::dies:: This was such an awesome episode that it nearly replaced Frankie My Dear for me as my favorite. Nearly. Very nearly. It unlocked so many childhood memories! Especially things like "Nuh uh! I have super powers! So you can't capture me!" "Oh yeah?! Well, I can turn into a mermaid! So you can't catch me!" This is exactly why I find Fosters so amazing. <3 <3

OH, GOOD WILT HUNTING TONIIIIIIGHT! ::salutes Lord Snotzak:: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
I think that particular aspect of this episode was what made it so great for me, since it was SOOO true to how young children think and function and interact with each other. I, too, can remember playing those make-believe games and trying to top the next kid's imagination. Problem is, many children just cannot do this anymore; they're too dependent on electronic things, and that was the whole point of that episode. Not just children, mind you-Wilt was there to remind us that us grown-ups also sometimes tend to really get hung-up on electronic media.

I still think it would have made for one of the funniest scenes in the history of the series, though, for Frankie to have walked through and spotted Wilt in his "Lord Snotzak" persona. There would not have even had to be any dialog-facial expressions alone would have sufficed(and for me, some of the funniest Foster's moments ARE those in which a character says nothing, like the scene in "World Wide Wabbit" in which Mr. Herriman tries to film Bloo and Mac doing something stupid), though Wilt's attempt at explaining just WHY he had a lamp shade on his head would have been side-splitting!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:28 PM   #119
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Actually, if you listen closely, it's Lord Snotzax. With an x. ^^ It's amazing what you can learn it you're obsessive enough.

I love this episode. LOVE IT. Number 1 on my episode list. I mostly explained why already on the Wilt thread, so ya.

But listen to yourselves! Discussing stuff is fine, but when arguements get like that, it's NOT cool. IT'S NOT WORTH ARGUING OVER. We're all friends, calm down! We have differing opinions, SO WHAT? Let it go...

O.O Woah. Did I just type that? It doesn't feel right, with me being so much younger than alla ya'lls...Feel free to tell me to shut-up-shut-up-bo-but-up, etc. I don't mind. It puts me in my place. o.o
Old 11-26-2006, 01:01 AM   #120
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

No, you're right InsaneFan. We're like a family here, and even though we are different and all have different opinions, that's no reason to be riven. At the least we can agree to disagree.

As for the episode... it is my new #1 favorite! I liked everyone in this episode (even though Bloo DID shut Mac out, I don't think he intended to get Mac hurt... I mean, maybe he was just REALLY scared and wasn't thinking clearly? Even though Bloo is selfish, I don't think he'd EVER intentionally put Mac in danger.)

I enjoyed seeing everyone's alter-egos in this! Even Wilt, who didn't want to play along at first, had one of the best ones (I say ONE of the best, because I don't think anything beats Mac's "Rex Carsalot/Speed Racer" character, and Ed's is REALLY cute!)

To me, it was really light and refreshing to see them all act like kids.

Plus, if I'm getting the line correct, I love it when Bloo says "YOU HATH BEEN OWNED!"