Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #21
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
ok ill say this on behalf of the mods, PLEASE dont bring back dead threads.

anyway, it is deeper, but i cant really tell a diffrence besides that.
The thread isn't dead, this episode was just on right now, so the people who hadn't seen it before can discuss it.

And I don't think I'd include Goofball as part of the "dark times".... I don't think any dark times have occurred yet but if they had, I wouldn't include Goofball. He was obnoxious, yeah, and almost everyone hated him, but I think we can reasonably assume he will never be so much as mentioned again, let alone be a recurring character. It was a bad episode, nothing more. He won't be blighting the show by becoming part of the regular cast (like Goo.... okay, just kidding, but I just am not terribly fond of her).

And yeah, Bloo's voice seemed a lot deeper. Sometimes it takes a bit for voice actors to find their "groove" when voicing a particular character.

Last edited by kageri; 12-28-2006 at 12:01 PM.
kageri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:24 PM   #22
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
ok ill say this on behalf of the mods, PLEASE dont bring back dead threads.
There is no rule that says not to bring back an old thread; and in fact I'd much prefer someone added to an older thread that is for the topic they wish to discuss rather than making a new one.

So everyone: bringing back dead threads is fun! It's like making a zombie thread! Yaaay zombies!
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:04 AM   #23
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

i don't know...zombies are usually pretty scary

anyway, so its the normal Bloo voice but before he got it down or something?
Old 12-31-2006, 03:38 PM   #24
Master Knight DH
Newly Abandoned

Zombies can be annoying because they come back repeatedly from death. And they always guard the source of their power to no end. That's why I became a knight. Or maybe not.

My first thoughts about FHFIF...well, let's just say the behavior of Mac's mother makes me glad of the existence of episodes like "Go Goo Go."
Master Knight DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:28 AM   #25
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Well, I didn't see this episode 'till I'd seen the majority of the episodes which have been aired as of this date. And I loved it! Some parts were a little superfluous for someone who's seen the series like I had (the Bloo and Mac being sad part. I knew EXACTLY what they were going through, and how they would react, cause I already knew the characters), it was still top notch, however. I loved Wilt's tour, and the "You're tall" comment. Cause that's what I noticed first about the guy. Originally, I assumed he was imagined as is (people can imagine some weird stuff, and he really didn't look bad), so, yeah. And, it helps gain some understanding of Mr H that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. Jeez, from all my posts, it sounds like I'm a major Herriman fan! I never considered it 'till now, he just reminds me very strongly of my father, although he is also a lot like Madame Foster . Also, the Madame F being dead joke was pretty funny for one who was in on it, "OMG, they're supposed to think she's dead!" I think Bloo is a "true freind", in that he'd do anything to stay friends with Mac, which, as I've mentioned before, is creepy if you think it through to it's logical conclusion.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:02 AM   #26
Another Castle
At Home

Today, the 3rd of May, besides being my birthday, is also the day last year when the final five episodes were aired (although I think they must have all been finished sometime in mid-2008, and the first three were shown in different parts of the world earlier)- neither the less we can say that is the day the show ended!
To mark this, I thought I'd talk about this, the very first piece of Fosters!

I was never into the show back in 2004, but about a year ago I decided to watch this in it's entirety, and I was blown away! Even today I still rate it as my favorite and everything about this fits perfectly together. We meet all the characters, see the house (which seems more mysterious), learn the premise of IF, a great villain (& Terrance at his most intimidating), and all loose ends are tied up

Although it hasn't really aged at all (expect for perhaps the Game Boy Advance in Mac's bedroom), it is of course notably different from later episodes, in terms of voices, pacing and animation (the first season & a few episodes form the 2nd have this, what I call the old Fosters feel)

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #27
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Castle View Post
Today, the 3rd of May, besides being my birthday, is also the day last year when the final five episodes were aired (although I think they must have all been finished sometime in mid-2008, and the first three were shown in different parts of the world earlier)- neither the less we can say that is the day the show ended!
To mark this, I thought I'd talk about this, the very first piece of Fosters!

I was never into the show back in 2004, but about a year ago I decided to watch this in it's entirety, and I was blown away! Even today I still rate it as my favorite and everything about this fits perfectly together. We meet all the characters, see the house (which seems more mysterious), learn the premise of IF, a great villain (& Terrance at his most intimidating), and all loose ends are tied up

Although it hasn't really aged at all (expect for perhaps the Game Boy Advance in Mac's bedroom), it is of course notably different from later episodes, in terms of voices, pacing and animation (the first season & a few episodes form the 2nd have this, what I call the old Fosters feel)
Another Castle, I was like you - I did not jump into Fosters until the end of the first and beginning of the second seasons. Thank goodness they had the reruns going, so I was able to catch up.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 02:28 PM   #28
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Definitely a great start to the series. I need to watch this movie again. Loved it.