Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #31
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I'll let you know when I get back. For some unfathomable reason, my brother wants me to get a pic of myself with Butch Patrick ("Eddie Munster"), so I'm heading out to get one momentarily.
Mission accomplished. For those interested in knowing, Butch Patrick is an enthusiastic, exuberant, and gregarious man, playful and full of energy, and I think he would make a fine addition to the Spam section.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 07-23-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #32
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Did you tell him he's more than welcome to join us? The random celebrities there is the most exciting part, I love it.

I haven't slept well the last few night. Hardly slept at all last night. All due to nervousness about Saturday. I've had too many disappointments getting to this point, I really hope there aren't more to come. I'm starting to feel a bit sick.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #33
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Did you tell him he's more than welcome to join us? The random celebrities there is the most exciting part, I love it.

I haven't slept well the last few night. Hardly slept at all last night. All due to nervousness about Saturday. I've had too many disappointments getting to this point, I really hope there aren't more to come. I'm starting to feel a bit sick.
You'll get here, no problem. Rest easy; the wait is almost over.

I'm feeling a little ill as well, although for a different reason entirely. Not because of the heat; I expected that, and I'm tolerating it fairly well. Not because of my diet, either, which I'm enjoying immensely. No, the problem is that the nearby Palace Theater is apparently playing a revival of Twilight later this evening and for the past several hours the area has been crawling with literally thousands of screaming, squeeing Twilight Fangirls. The vacuousness in that line, stretching around two blocks now, is almost palpable. The police have the area cordoned off; there are barracades keeping the little darlings from spilling out into the street; the owner of the deli I frequent would very much like them to stop talking, buy their drinks, and get out. The lady manning the front desk here rolled her eyes when I mentioned the scene outside. All this over a vampire movie?? Iv'e seen worse groups but only barely, and certainly not this large. I weep for the decline and fall of American culture.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 07-23-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #34
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Lol this morning I was passing the line for Hall H and saw the "No Twilight Zone" group standing there immediately followed by another group advertising that they're "Not Your Momma's Twilight Community" or somesuch thing. I wonder if there's ever any fights between groups like that. Or even two PRO-Twilight groups.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #35
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Hey, folks. ORD here. The day started off slightly disappointing. I didn't get to see the Disney 3D event, and I also missed the ticket giveaway for the Chowder autographs. Anyway, I got to meet Doug TenNapel (created Earthworm Jim). The dude is definitely tall. lol Nice person, though. Then, I went to attempt to see the Robot Chicken panel, and I failed easily. I ran into cartman briefly (he's now staying with me), and then I ran into Khaki Jones again, as well as her husband Jeff Adams, some other people that were involved with CN, and Craig himself. We all got in for the Chowder/The Misadventures of Flapjack/Adventure Time with Finn and Jake panel. I got to speak with Carl (C.H.) Greenblatt again. Despite Chowder ending, he had a good attitude about it and enjoyed the series' run. I also got to see Tara Strong. I did later on meet Dana Snyder. I also ran into Lori (some of us remember Lori from Cartoon Network Studios in Burbank and worked on the CN booth in 2006 and 2007). The panel was an absolute blast. I liked what I saw of the drawings and storyboards from Adventure Time. After that, I wondered around the Exhibit Hall and I said hello to Lauren. Other than that, that was it. I really enjoyed the first full day of Comic-Con.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #36
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Sounds like a good day for you. I cannot wait to be there.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #37
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I haven't been to any panels yet. :/ But my feet are really painful and it's hard to make it all the way to the convention center let alone walk to panels/stand in lines. I'm disappointed because I thought I had fixed this problem...oh well.

I bought a film replica and will most likely go to Worst Cartoons. Who knows, maybe that will be basically the whole Con for me this year.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #38
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

I bought a film replica and will most likely go to Worst Cartoons. Who knows, maybe that will be basically the whole Con for me this year.
Yeah at least try and make to WCE, after all you would hate to be left wondering how much more Jerry Sales or Romi can redefine the term "Useless Sidekick" or what kind of unnatural ways Mighty Mister Titan will be contorting his body in the name of good health this time around.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #39
iceberg210
Newly Abandoned

I was lucky enough to spend a bunch more time with GM again today, and we were able to make the Cartoon Network Comedy panel which was quite fun and interesting. I'm now particularly excited for a new series called Adventure Time I believe, as it seems insane, nutty and just all and all fun.

Afterward I went to the John K panel which was a riot! John K was just very funny and random, and just great, the panel highlight was when John literally pitched a new cartoon storyboard in practice for when he's going to be pitching it next week to Adult Swim.

It was hilariously funny and seeing someone so excited about his work was really cool.

Overall great day and I"m real excited about tomorrow.
iceberg210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #40
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

Since I've been consigned to staying in Atlanta again this year (due to an extended period of unemployment and loss of comic book work on Block Party), do fill me on on what Jerry thrusts on your eyes tonight at the WCE.