Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Default Guitars and Mini Recorders

Well I finally got a chance to spend some time rehearsing some new musical arrangements. Before I go to my friend's studio - I do my "homework" by doing the basic tracks on my 32 track mini recorder (Boss MB). While it is capable of full recording and mastering, I prefer to polish my stuff off in a studio (vocals, incidentals, et al). I do the rhythym section first (bass and drums), then rhythym guitar, or any other instrument. Right now as I am typing this, I am doing a rhythym guitar track (on my '57 Les Paul Goldtop) for an arrangement called "Black Dress and Red Hair."

Since I love blues, a lot of my arrangements are blues based, and I throw in jazz chords, and a surprise classical nuance here and there. Sometimes my stuff can have odd time signatures, and meter. No offense to those who are not musicians, but my music is not really for someone with a low musical IQ (what my friend, and a keyboard player calls it). You either understand the music, or you do not.

I was born with perfect pitch, so I am very fussy about my creations. I wish I had more savvy on the production end of it, and the business end of it. I am just 100% musician (whether I am good at it or not). I love to create mental images with music.

Last edited by Howard; 06-21-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

"Black Dress, Red Hair", I bet it will turn out great, and am I guessing right who it's referring to? That's pretty awesome!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
"Black Dress, Red Hair", I bet it will turn out great, and am I guessing right who it's referring to? That's pretty awesome!
Yes ma'am! it is our one and only ! Blues and jazz has been an integral part of my music, and of course Frank Zappa has been one of my influences musically (but if you got six days, I can go down a list of influences, and why).

This recording has taken nearly two years, and all I have to show, is three rough cuts (no vocals yet), and 7 semi arranged tunes waiting to be recorded as roughs.

Why does life get in the way of my music?
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote