Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 03-05-2009, 06:52 PM   #1931
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

My first ticket ever involved me going to the courthouse to straiten it out. It was terrifying given I'd never even gotten a ticket before.

It was back in the day when my parents still covered my auto insurance. It just so happened the insurance policy had just expired, so it was renewed and new cards were issued. I was in Texas and my folks were in New Mexico, so they had to mail me the new cards. Not meaning to rat on my parents, but they were taking their time in mailing the new cards to me, so I was driving around with expired cards for about a week, and I happened to have been pulled over during that time. The officer, though just doing his job and certainly having heard every story out there, didn't show any sympathy when I said I was insured, and my parents just hadn't mailed me the new cards yet, so he told me to take it up with the court. So I didn't work for two days because I was so terrified of getting pulled over again, and when my parents Fed-Exed my new cards, before even going back to work, I went strait to the courthouse to get everything straitened out and clear my record. Thankfully, once I got there, the secretary I spoke to was able to pull up my file and fix it for me right away, without me having to go before a judge or anything. But man, what an unpleasant experience that whole thing was!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #1932
Sama-chan
Servant of the shadows

Do I LOOK like a people person?  

AP Chemistry
that class needs to be exterminated and sent back to the demonic realm from which it was spawned.
Not the class itself or the teacher even, but the subject....its messing up my GPA its so hard. I cant stand it
Old 03-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #1933
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

The Wapanese.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #1934
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
The Wapanese.
The who?

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #1935
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
The who?
Poeple who pretend to be Japanese and never shut up about the anime culture.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #1936
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Hmmm. Given the explosion in the population of such folk in my lifetime it's probably safe to assume that it's the most visible sign of a major geo-cultural shift on this planet and that you'd better learn to live with it. It is amazing though that when the movie version of Akira was released in this country it was thought to be minority interest stuff. Now there's shops in this city that sell virtually nothing but asian comics and videos predominantly one presumes to your generation.

Aw....Snicket
Old 03-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #1937
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Hmmm. Given the explosion in the population of such folk in my lifetime it's probably safe to assume that it's the most visible sign of a major geo-cultural shift on this planet and that you'd better learn to live with it. It is amazing though that when the movie version of Akira was released in this country it was thought to be minority interest stuff. Now there's shops in this city that sell virtually nothing but asian comics and videos predominantly one presumes to your generation.

You're right. I watch some anime shows, but, the only problem with the "Wapanese" people is that:
They usually are loud and rude
They have awful grammar (worse than chatspeek) and are hard to understand
They usualy give True anime fans (people who blindly watch said shows for fun, like me) a Bad Name.

Never seen "Akira" before.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #1938
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
You're right. I watch some anime shows, but, the only problem with the "Wapanese" people is that:
They usually are loud and rude
They have awful grammar (worse than chatspeek) and are hard to understand
They usualy give True anime fans (people who blindly watch said shows for fun, like me) a Bad Name.

Never seen "Akira" before.
Well being loud and rude seems hardly appropriate behaviour for self-styled Japanophiles. Or anyone for that matter.

Do see Akira. It is fantastic. I can't say I'm too familiar with that much Japanese animation. They do make some brill movies though like Happiness of the Katakuris or Save the Green Planet, which is actually Korean.

Aw....Snicket

Last edited by koosie; 04-08-2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Correction of untrue statement
Old 03-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #1939
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Well being loud and rude seems hardly appropriate behaviour for self-styled Japanophiles. Or anyone for that matter.

Do see Akira. It is fantastic. I can't say I'm too familiar with that much Japanese animation. They do make some brill movies though like Happiness of the Katakuris or Save the Green Planet
Hmm. Well, the people I dealt with didn't label themselves as "Japanophiles". Hardcore anime fans might've been a better term for the people that I put up with for a while, though.

Quote:
Do see Akira.
I will have to watch that, sometime.

On a side note, the guy I put with didn't like many anime shows. Only glorified his one or two faves, then bashed everything else, including one of my favourite anime shows. He also pretended to be Japanese (not in a fun matter, in a serious way) So, yeah.

Last edited by fosters home fan; 03-09-2009 at 09:40 AM.
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #1940
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
The Wapanese.
You're not the first to post that. But could you guys please stop posting things without explaining why in these threads? We're not in the Spam section so try to post discussions, don't just name a thing you don't like, okay?

It doesn't "tick me off" but this did make me sad (we don't have a "what makes you sad" thread)...my pet giant water bug Stinkie died today. I got him several months ago and he was one of the neatest pets I ever had. I bought him a bunch of goldfish today too, so now I have pet goldfish.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote