Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 02-08-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Default Finally Got Moved In My New Bedroom

As I noted earlier, my father lost his house, and nearly all of his possessions save the clothes on his back, a few weeks ago, and he and my brother have had to move in with me. This house, which used to belong to my grandparents, had only two bedrooms, so we(make that I)} had to convert the old living room, which had been used to store junk and had not otherwise been touched since I was a child, into a third bedroom for myself and for my snakes and arachnids. This involved extensive renovations, including spackling over the cracks in the dry wall, painting, a LOT of cleaning, and removing the old living room furniture, which was extremely heavy(they made furniture to last back in those days), and then moving my bed, dresser, chest of drawers, and critters into the room. I finally got moved in yesterday, after three weeks of working like a dog on that room after I got home from my job, and finally got to spend the first night in my new room-no more sleeping on a cot in a trailer! I've still got to hang some stuff up on the walls, and get some more lighting, and I've got the get the Direct TV folks to come and run a cable into that room, and I still have my large female Boa and her cage to move(she's currently in the pantry), but basically, I'm done. It's just a tremendous relief to know I don't have to stay up until like 11:00 each night painting with a roller!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I'm glad. So you still have the TV to do, then? And what about your computer? You said something about it before and sharing it or something, I forget.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I'm glad. So you still have the TV to do, then? And what about your computer? You said something about it before and sharing it or something, I forget.
Nope, no tv, yet. I bought a Sanyo 26" HDTV flatscreen at Circuit City for what amounted to a steal, since they're going out of business, but there's no satellite hook-up yet in my room. My dad has to call them back to do so, since HE has tv in HIS room. I have my computer back, more or less, but my brother can't keep from messing with it. He disses Vista right and left(and he does have a point, as I've found out), but won't stop messing with my computer. He's got his own laptop here(it was in his car when the fire broke out, so it escaped the devastation), but we are still having a lot of problems with the wireless network. It won't work at all on my computer, so I've still got an ethernet cable run in here, and it works only sporadically on my brother's, even though his has a built-in wireless network receiver. It works flawlessly on my dad's donated HP Presario, given to him by a church member, along with a three-in-one printer. I've got all the snakes and other critters moved in here, including my big female Boa, whom I moved today(my back is still loudly protesting)with no help.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

That's nice to hear. At least you have your own personal "space" again, even if it is just that one room. Hopefully DTV will be out shortly to install a wire. I know I'd miss my TV. Congrats at the spiffy new TV, too!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote