Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #1281
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Yeah-"Group dynamic"-that's the word I was actually looking for! Wilt is sort of an "adhesive" that holds that together and helps preserve some measure of sanity about the place. Mac does, too, to a certain extent, as does Frankie, but Mac doesn't actually LIVE there, and he's only there for a limited time each day, so with regards to the household it's really Wilt and Frankie who keep the place sane, and neither one could pull it off alone. Mr. Herriman, for all his rules, actually HINDERS at times, since he unintentionally creates conflicts and stress by being so strict and so unyielding, and it's really hard to say that Madame Foster helps much, either, since she can be a "loose cannon" at times herself! Just the presence of someone with Wilt's personality can have a remarkable impact on the structure and function of any group, even if he does not consciously try to affect it, plus Wilt seems to be one of the few individuals who will actually try to keep Bloo in line, and that alone is a reason enough for him to stay!

pitbulllady
Indeed, Mac and Frankie can’t be there to manage the peace all the time. Even if Mac did live at Foster’s, he’s eight-- he has school! And Frankie is always dealing with things like… oh, toothpaste disasters and fixing rolls of toilet paper. Mr. Herriman, as seen in “Busted,” does create much more tension than is really necessary, and considering that in “Partying is Such Sweet Soiree,” Madame Foster full-out encouraged the madness that was Bloo’s house party… well, loose canon indeed! Part of Wilt’s ability to maintain peace probably stems from him being a father figure for Jordan-- if Jordan’s mother was gone for whatever reason (working, etc.), Wilt would be “in charge,” as it were, and keeping the peace would definitely be part of the job description, particularly between Jordan and his older brother. And if Wilt can keep Bloo in line… please stay!

Ah, yes, and Mac-a-lacka: I finally got my season DVDs the other day, and I did notice that Wilt gave Mac a side hug in "Where There's a Wilt..." In fact, Wilt was talking specifically to Mac, and totally ignoring Bloo!

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille

Last edited by WiltsAKGirl17; 06-17-2008 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Bloody reply won't cut/paste right... xP
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:35 AM   #1282
Jackie Khones
Settling In

Gotta tie it to the bed post first  

Send a message via AIM to Jackie Khones Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Khones

I find Wilt an important part to the show, as he just brings that, you know, Bazing kind of thing, like not knowing what he'll do, and I personally love it when he is sometimes the main focus of an episode.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #1283
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Normally, at the beginning, at least, you could pretty much predict his actions and emotions from common situations, which were pre-GWH, but since then, we have come to notice that he has become more spontaneous. That's right, folks - get ready to meet the REAL Wilt! Not the one who was as narrowed down and predictable as a leaf falling off the tree in Fall, but the one that's been hidden for...one, two, three...thirty years!

Or, we've already met the real Wilt...perhaps...

Maybe it's only the beginning. Maybe there's so much more to him that we do not know about quite yet.

Only time will tell...*shifty eyes...*
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #1284
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Normally, at the beginning, at least, you could pretty much predict his actions and emotions from common situations, which were pre-GWH, but since then, we have come to notice that he has become more spontaneous. That's right, folks - get ready to meet the REAL Wilt! Not the one who was as narrowed down and predictable as a leaf falling off the tree in Fall, but the one that's been hidden for...one, two, three...thirty years!

Or, we've already met the real Wilt...perhaps...

Maybe it's only the beginning. Maybe there's so much more to him that we do not know about quite yet.

Only time will tell...*shifty eyes...*
That's what I love about this show-it has genuine character development that is so consistent with REAL life people and situations. The characters are not "static" or fixed within a set of behavioral expectations. Wilt is a prime example, since as you pointed out, it's no longer easy to predict how he will react in a given situation anymore. That is exactly what can be expected of someone who has been through a period of deep emotional trauma, been burdened by personal guilt, and has been repressing their real feelings, but has now finally been able to shake off that guilt and allow their real self to shine through once more. I believe that what we got a taste of in the beginning of Season Six, and the end of Season Five, was more like the Wilt that Jordan and his family would have known "back in the day", before the incident with Foul Larry, a Wilt who was free of angst and guilt and has a mischievous, even "devilish" side. Who, in the second or third season, for example, would have EVER figured that Wilt would have been responsible for masterminding the pranks on Bloo and his two dimwitted cohorts in "Pranks For Nothing", or that he'd try to scare the living daylights out of little kiddies by actually making use of the tragic loss of his arm? I only hope we get to see a lot more of Wilt's other personality facets before the show ends.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #1285
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

(Doesn't know what to say, since most have covered it)

Though I am a huge Herriman fan, Wilt is in my top five. He's just the perfect role-model, the type of person you would want as a big brother. I may not be one of his fangirls, but I have mad respect for him. He's the type of friend you wish was around all the time.

Character design wise, he is fun to watch. I love the movement, and the wobbling of his eye. The red really suits and goes well with the blue and white. Hehe, reminds me of the Globe Trodders...

Voice wise...he is very soothing. I feel like things are safe, and will be okay when I hear it. (Does anyone else have those feelings?)

Okay, okay! I love the big guy! Not in terms of relationshipness, but...I just want to hug him!

(And I really don't do this often, but GWH made me very sad. Almost to the point of tears. Again, I'm not that type of person to get emotional about movies and shows...)

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~

Last edited by HerrimanWasHere; 01-18-2009 at 02:44 PM.
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #1286
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrimanWasHere View Post

Voice wise...he is very soothing. I feel like things are safe, and will be okay when I hear it. (Does anyone else have those feelings?)

Okay, okay! I love the big guy! Not in terms of relationshipness, but...I just want to hug him!
I've always felt that way about his voice, too. Phil LaMarr does an amazing job giving him his personality, as well as his voice. I can't think of a more perfect VA to have done him.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #1287
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Every time I watch Samurai Jack, I always think of Wilt, since Mr. LaMarr voices them both.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #1288
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Phil LaMarr was in Pulp Fiction. He didn't say much there, but he had something of a confrontation with John Travolta.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #1289
WestBunny:3
Newly Abandoned

We must dominate the world!  

Put Wilt just doing that, and there you have an original plot for a commercial.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:36 PM   #1290
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Wow, that would be really out of character, but I actually think that would be hilarious to see.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote