Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall

Notices

Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall Topics relating to the MMORPG FusionFall belong here.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #31
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

If I had my own computer I'd try the beta, but unfortunately I don't. Oh well. Hope those who are playing the beta are enjoying it, the game looks good so far.
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #32
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

(Whoa, a novel.)

Unless the game's "file" size goes way down, (Total lie when it said that it'll take approximately 3-20 minutes to finish "loading"...it took me about 3+ HOURS) servers are added, and glitches are fixed, I don't think I can stand another attempt to even try this game anymore. I have wasted hour after hour after hour to make sense of this game, but epically failed.

It lagged too long and all it'll do is lag lag lag, even if I go through the pain and suffering of lowering the graphics quality (lag lag lag just to get that done) and even if I do that, it still lags like UGHHH.

Numerous occasions glitches occurred, one where when you select your character and I click "Enter the Game" then it doesn't do anything after that, just trap you there, no buttons to click. Nothing. Even after a while the lag stops altogether and is smooth as if this was the first real program you EVER downloaded/installed/etc or have a really awesome computer...yet nothing was there to click on, as all the buttons were all transparent.

Another was the same thing. I actually was able to get into my items and as I casually tried to "open" an item that was in a crate, the same thing happened like in the character selection screen. The only way out of there was out of the game.

ANOTHER GLITCH was where I accidentally "made" two new characters and so I tried to delete them, but after a "Network close" error I couldn't until I tried to get in again. All of these glitches and just plain "won't load" crap caused me to either exit out or RESTART THE COMPUTER. I think I literally lost count of how many times I had to do both of these above.

Servers? Pretty please?

I'm dead serious when I say this, (and am feeling very irritable at the moment, I apologize) if I have to go through another attempt, I'll go insane because it won't be worth it for me. This game was NOT meant for my computer. At least now; in the last beta date none of this happened. Ever. Now it is like crazy.

I'm gonna go and try to cool down now...I just had to let this out somehow...But I'm so glad that I think there were similar problems and not many people are able to get past these either...To know that I'm not alone.

Last edited by antgirl1; 12-06-2008 at 03:41 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #33
The Huntsman
Settling In

It might help to remember that the game doesn’t get “downloaded” to your computer, per se. The only way to improve load times is to make sure that your web browser is set up to allow a large file cache and you should also make sure that you toggle it to never delete your file cache unless you instruct it to do so. When you play FusionFall, the game itself goes to your Temporary Internet Files, which allows the game to load much faster the next time you play. However, it only helps if you allow it to store a lot of data and you keep it on your computer. Otherwise, you’ll have to load the entire game each time you play.

Last edited by The Huntsman; 12-06-2008 at 03:49 PM.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #34
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

So how would I be able to do that on Firefox? I've looked on the thing and don't really see anything that has to do with it...
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #35
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I also had an extra character created back when I first started playing somehow, and I can't delete him because the game asks for his first name but I never named him so I can't give his first name, lol. So I have a spare character which I assume won't matter in the long run.

Back on the last beta I was playing fine until I went to the Past, whereupon I had so many problems I had to give up. Between betas I updated my video driver, and now I have no problems so I don't know if that was it or not.

There's also something new on this beta, those two small white loading bars on the right side of the screen when you first get in. I was sitting on the Loading screen for hours before realising that if I did NOT see those two white bars that the game was not truly loading, and to close it and try again until I did get the white bars. I get in every time as long as the white bars are present.

(Just throwing some info out there for people who are hopefully finding us in web searches when looking for help, no one else seems to have a fansite out there with info on it.)
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #36
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I'm at level 8 now, and I've added Numbuh Five to the list of Nanos. It's been an easier day for me on FF than on Friday. My only complaint is that the audio gets cut off, whenever I perform a move randomly. I wouldn't be able to hear any audio until I completely exit the game. That happened to me during the first beta, also.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #37
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Up to Level 10. I received Megas from Megas XLR not too long ago. Things are going okay with me right now. Last night limited to what I could do. No one could use the warp. That issue, however, has been resolved.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #38
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I guess I'll post my first image of what my character looks like (it will probably change again at some point, but this is me at Lv. 10), along with another Nano.

Here's Lord Radical One with Megas!

Old 12-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #39
The Huntsman
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
So how would I be able to do that on Firefox? I've looked on the thing and don't really see anything that has to do with it...
I haven’t used Mozilla Firefox since Google Chrome came out, but it should be somewhere in your browser’s preferences menu. By default, Mozilla Firefox only allows you to store 50 MB in your file cache, which includes normal browsing in addition to playing FusionFall. Depending on how large your hard drive is, you’ll want to increase that number to a certain amount. I have a large hard drive so I set it up to 1,000 MB. Each time I played the game, barring an update that I needed to download, I went right into the game and passed up the loading screens.

Of course, you'll also need to make sure that your browser isn't set to delete your file cache upon closing the browser. I'm not sure where you can figure that out, but it should also be in the browser's configurations menu.

Last edited by The Huntsman; 12-07-2008 at 09:01 PM.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #40
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Here's me right now, posing with my Eduardo.

Looks like warping into infected areas is broken again btw.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote