Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 03:42 PM   #11
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 1,792
Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan
Default

Omg, I would LOVE to see that. xD
__________________
Citizens of Never Forgotten, I stand before you, because if I was behind you, you couldn't see me.
InsaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:25 PM   #12
billytheskink
Permanent Resident
 
billytheskink's Avatar
I'm Punk Rock...  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 317
Send a message via AIM to billytheskink
Default

I thought they could have been more creative with his name. But I guess Michael Jordan references are easy to get.

I would have appreciated "Russell Williams" more...
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:16 AM   #13
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: High in the middle, round on the ends.
Posts: 253
Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky
Default

Anything other than a Michael Jordan reference would have been lost on a lot of people, including myself, as he's the only basketball player I know, and that's only because I saw Space Jam. XD

Last edited by Jabberwocky; 11-28-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:23 AM   #14
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved
 
antgirl1's Avatar
Rapo or Rachel is fine!  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 1,781
Default

"Aw, but I really wanted you to see my MANSION." -Jordan

Last edited by antgirl1; 11-28-2006 at 06:23 AM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:04 AM   #15
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator
 
pitbulllady's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
"Aw, but I really wanted you to see my MANSION." -Jordan
Yeah, seriously, lol! If Jordan didn't sound like a little kid whining to his dad in that scene, and Wilt didn't sound just like a parent too tired to argue taking the easy route and giving in, I don't like spiders! The way that Wilt patiently showed the younger Jordan how to shoot a basket, how to hold the ball properly, and so forth, was just like a dad showing his kid how to do something, whether it was playing basketball or riding his first bike. Same goes for when Jordan tells Wilt that Wilt was his hero, and that he's responsible for Jordan becoming the better person that he is, rather than a better basketball player. In the past, that role of really shaping the character of a young boy into a decent man fell upon his father, or other male adult role model if the father was dead, and that's why so many young boys eventually wind up in trouble and become criminals-they have no father figures to guide them and teach them things like character. Even that good-natured ribbing there at the end, when Wilt and Jordan are playing basketball and Wilt is winning by a huge margin, suggests the sort of dynamic I used to see between fathers and their now-adult sons. I can recall my father and grandfather having similar little challenges, usually about working on a car or fixing something, since neither were into playing sports.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:40 AM   #16
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved
 
antgirl1's Avatar
Rapo or Rachel is fine!  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 1,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Yeah, seriously, lol! If Jordan didn't sound like a little kid whining to his dad in that scene, and Wilt didn't sound just like a parent too tired to argue taking the easy route and giving in, I don't like spiders! The way that Wilt patiently showed the younger Jordan how to shoot a basket, how to hold the ball properly, and so forth, was just like a dad showing his kid how to do something, whether it was playing basketball or riding his first bike. Same goes for when Jordan tells Wilt that Wilt was his hero, and that he's responsible for Jordan becoming the better person that he is, rather than a better basketball player. In the past, that role of really shaping the character of a young boy into a decent man fell upon his father, or other male adult role model if the father was dead, and that's why so many young boys eventually wind up in trouble and become criminals-they have no father figures to guide them and teach them things like character. Even that good-natured ribbing there at the end, when Wilt and Jordan are playing basketball and Wilt is winning by a huge margin, suggests the sort of dynamic I used to see between fathers and their now-adult sons. I can recall my father and grandfather having similar little challenges, usually about working on a car or fixing something, since neither were into playing sports.

pitbulllady
I kinda think Jordan was just messing with Wilt when he said that. XD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:00 AM   #17
Thornwhistle
Banned
 
Thornwhistle's Avatar
I see you.  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 264
Default

Did you see his face when he said that? He looked he was pouting,like a kid.
Thornwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:19 PM   #18
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator
 
pitbulllady's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornwhistle View Post
Did you see his face when he said that? He looked he was pouting,like a kid.
Yeah, he did-a kid with a receding hairline! I think he was using an old trick that probably used to work with Wilt(most of the time, anyway)back when he really was a little kid, and you could see that Wilt's immediate reaction was like, "PLEASE, no more WHINING...I'll do anything you say...just don't WHINE!"

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #19
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Yeah, he did-a kid with a receding hairline! I think he was using an old trick that probably used to work with Wilt(most of the time, anyway)back when he really was a little kid, and you could see that Wilt's immediate reaction was like, "PLEASE, no more WHINING...I'll do anything you say...just don't WHINE!"

pitbulllady
I can see how Wilt never refuses and always a "Yes-man", LOL!
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:52 AM   #20
heartless95
Newly Abandoned
i'M A GooFy GoObER!  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: DeStInY iLaNdS
Posts: 46
Default

I think they reli should do an episode where goes to the mansion without the rest of them.We`ll see how they cope with lossing him...again
__________________
FASHAWW!
I'm a ninjaa
heartless95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.