Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-09-2007, 03:02 AM   #1
Ricky Fieldmouse
Revived Member

HELLO THERE. I'M DOCTOR RABBIT  

Send a message via MSN to Ricky Fieldmouse
Default Braces PHAIL

Yeah, I got my braces yesterday. So far I hate them. I don't know how to eat properly with them now. Heck, I sipping Oreo Pudding through a straw right now. Anyone want to give me advice?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:05 PM   #2
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Fieldmouse View Post
Yeah, I got my braces yesterday. So far I hate them. I don't know how to eat properly with them now. Heck, I sipping Oreo Pudding through a straw right now. Anyone want to give me advice?
ice cold milkshakes until the intense, throbbing, pain goes away.

i had them, got them off (thank you Jesus!!!!!!!) finally.

You get used to the infernal things.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:32 PM   #3
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

NOODLES! Stay away from those nasty things! They get caught on your braces as you're swallowing them, and make you kinda choke! I know, I used to have braces.

Otherwise, the only advice I have is be careful eating, and make sure to brush your teeth THOUROUGHLY, unless you like people pointing out that you have some food stuck in them.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Don't eat ice. Ever.

Oh and no Grape-Nuts. That used to be my favorite cereal, too.

Your mouth will stop feeling like it's huge and swollen in oh, a few months, lol.

Take very good care of your gums. The healthier your gums are, the less discomfort you will feel. Also, if you don't care for your gums properly, it will delay the removal of the braces when the time comes, even if your teeth are perfectly straight.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

My brother bad braces but you would never have known that he disliked them. The only advise that I can give you is to chin up and know that the day they come off is always getting closer.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #6
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

Braces help straight teeth, but they can hurt you. Try eating soft things, that's my advice. And don't eat hard things, like ice like Sparky suggested.

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #7
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

Well I've never had braces but a lot of my friends have so I know a good deal about what they're like.

Don't eat hard food.

Don't eat popcorn or chew gum. Eat soup.

Oh and brush your teeth often.

? Long Live Jeremiah ?
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:46 PM   #8
Nem
At Home
There's no "I" in team, but there's a "me" if you jumble it up a bit...  

Send a message via AIM to Nem Send a message via MSN to Nem

I must have been weird when I had braces, they laid down all these rules, like no hard candy, no gum, etc.

I always chewed gum (I am a gum addict), and never had a problem. I always ate hard candy, and popcorn (even though I dislike popcorn), and never had a problem with that either XD

The only problem I had with braces, was the tightening bit, and when they forgot to clip the extra wire in the back, so it would stab my cheek. Oh, and almonds, I bit down on one and broke a bracket off, but it was bound to break off anyways, seeing as how they put it on so it stuck up so high it hit my other teeth when I bit down =)

I only brushed my teeth twice a day, or if I went on a sugar spree (I am prone to going months without much sugar/candy, and then all the sudden I crave large amounts). I flossed, but not a whole lot, they give you these special needle type things (not really a needle, it's made of plastic and you thread the floss through the wire).

Anyways, every time I got them tightened, I lived off of easy to eat things (soup, ice cream, etc), and pain killers =)
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:01 PM   #9
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
and when they forgot to clip the extra wire in the back, so it would stab my cheek.
That's the worst thing about braces. They give you wax to put on the offending pokey parts so the inside of your mouth isn't all cut up, but you can't eat with it in. It's lame.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:35 PM   #10
Nem
At Home
There's no "I" in team, but there's a "me" if you jumble it up a bit...  

Send a message via AIM to Nem Send a message via MSN to Nem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
That's the worst thing about braces. They give you wax to put on the offending pokey parts so the inside of your mouth isn't all cut up, but you can't eat with it in. It's lame.
Haha yea, they gave me wax, but it never stayed on, but then again it didn't help that they beat their all time record and left the wire sticking out over half an inch XD

Not only that, but before I had my bottom braces, I had a thing called a herps device, which basically makes your lower jaw move forward, because I had an under bite. Anyways, they forgot to tighten the joints, and I went home, and around 8:00 pm, the joints slipped, and my mouth was stuck shut all night. That was no fun XD
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote