Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 11-16-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

I'm just ahead of the current.  

Send a message via MSN to Tonya
Default An eight legged friend who lives in my tub.

A couple months ago, I discovered this little spider living in my bathtub. He isin't there all the time, just a lot of times. Not in body, but in legs in length and all, I'd say he's about as big as a golf ball. His little body is shaped like an upside down dorrito, lol!
At first i was scared of him, and wanted him dead, but then I thought, "What would Wilt do?", and then I actually got over my fear, little by little. But he seems harmless enough. Never going anywhere.
And here's a thing, he can't seem to crawl out of the tub. The little thing tries and treis, takes a break for a day or two, and then tries later. I've seen spiders WAY smaller, and bigger, crawl outta my tub better than he can.
I named him Little Guy. Not that I'd want to actually pick him up, but I've grown accustomed to him as a friend, mabe even as a little pet. And sometimes he looks flat, sleeping?, and I get scared thinking he might've got squished! So, just to make sure, I actually either bang on the ledge or kick the tub and he jolts like he got startled out of his sleep, lol .

Just thought I muight share Little Guy wth everybody.
The every kid.
Best female cartoon ever. There should be more of these ladies.
Don't underestimate the power of wuv.
Tonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
SkittleMonkey
Foster's Legend
Snoozer ish lurve.  

Send a message via MSN to SkittleMonkey

Oh, he sounds so cute! Well...for a spider anyway. Sure hope nobody squishes him.
Patrick: Yeah, you could be bald and have a big nose!
---------------------------------------------------
Eduardo: No, Senor Bloo! They es magic, not drive around in no car!
Bloo: Nope, he lost his magic; now he dresses like a lady, and the butterfly has legs and an afro.
SkittleMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:29 PM   #3
Thornwhistle
Banned

I see you.  

You are right not to touch him/her. You never know if a spider is poisonous or not,so be on the safe side.
Thornwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:37 AM   #4
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Your very own "IF" only he's real!

Last edited by Carlaz; 11-17-2006 at 06:38 AM.
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:24 AM   #5
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

I like that WWWD thing. That's funny.

Are you sure he wants to be in the bathtub? The spiders here all like hiding behind stuff so he might feel a bit exposed. Go on, pick him up and put him somewhere he'd like to be. Use gloves if you're nervous but I'm sure it'll be fine.

On a related note, if you had a spider web with silk the thickness of your wrist it would be strong enough to stop a 747 at full speed. Jeepers!

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:25 AM   #6
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

Yeah, I got the "WWWD?" idea from that "WWJD?" saying. I just had to say that .

But yeah, you're right, mabe he likes my tub. And I could never touch a spider! I'm too afraid! Well, mabe one day I'll get up the guts to atleast pet him. You know, I don't even know if it's a he or she. I always make assumptions on animals without looking, lol!
The every kid.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:53 AM   #7
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

And here I went and squished a house spider today. It had the nerve to be on my armoire so that when I opened the door to get a necklace, I nearly touched the thing with my whole hand. Ick.
Sorry, but most spiders I hate. Some are real cute and i actually like them (jumping spiders! Aww.) but others are nasty. These house spiders look like snot and are just gross, so I have to squish them otherwise they end up in my bed.
EW.

(Case in point, I had a larger house spider end up in my bed....I got under the covers and as I flipped the edge up, I felt something smack my eye, and saw something fall to the bed. When I looked, it was a spider. I've been even more skeeved out since.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #8
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Can you get a picture of the spider? It might be a good idea for me to identify it, to at least let you know if it's dangerous or not. In actuality, very few spiders are dangerous to humans, and most have fangs way too small to penetrate human skin(Common House Spiders being a case in point-they cannot bite us, and they actually eat other spiders, including Brown Recluse spiders, which are VERY dangerous to humans). Unless the spider is in a web suspended above the tub, it's probably not in a good place. Many times spiders fall into tubs and sinks, and cannot climb back out, so they eventually will starve to death. You can easily capture a spider, even a dangerous one, without touching it, by using a small plastic condiment cup, the sort they put ketchup and stuff in at restaurants, that has a lip. Invert the cup over the spider, and use a stiff piece of paper to carefully slide under the cup and spider, then once the spider is on top of that paper, and covered with the cup, turn the whole thing over. Tap the paper gently to make the spider drop down into the bottom of the cup, then quickly remove the paper and replace with the lid. You can take the spider outside or to another safe place and release it. I actually encourage spiders, especially House Spiders, to stay in my house, to control insect pests, which are a big problem here in the South. They catch countless mosquitoes, flies, gnats and even fleas, keeping the latter away from my dogs and cats. Spiders actually kill 3,000(yes, that's three THOUSAND)times more insects than birds, bats, reptile and amphibian insectivores combined, making them the most significant predators of insects on the planet.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:38 AM   #9
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

I really wish I could send ou a pic of it, but I don't have that kind of fancy equipment on my computer .
Aww, there's a small part of me who almost wants to keep it. What do spiders eat? Can they eat the food we eat?
The every kid.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #10
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Well, if you want to move him without touching him, you could slide a piece of paper under him and carry him somewhere else. He may be too heavey though. He sounds like one big sucker!
If you really want to feed him then I suppose you could bring him some bugs or something. I don't know because I've never had a pet arachnid before. But I always thought it would be cool to have one of those big scorpians!:bloogrin