Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
The Huntsman
Settling In

Smile Mabel Licorice

I did several forum searches, yet found no results, so I assume that our pink little friend doesn’t have a discussion topic. If I am mistaken, then I sincerely apologize; there may have been discussion topics from before her name was revealed. At any rate, I know that Mabel Licorice hasn’t had much of a role in the series, but I’ve always liked her character. We really don’t know that much about her, and I can’t even remember which episodes she appeared in, but I was always pleased to see her roaming the halls of Foster’s. She’s rather adorable, yet I also like her other features, like her bat wings and her dragonish tail; I have to wonder if her wings can support her weight, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they could, since looks can be deceiving.

I’m afraid I don’t have much else to say. I’m sure more will come to mind as I watch more episodes, but until then, I hope that some discussion can ensue in this topic.

Last edited by The Huntsman; 09-19-2007 at 11:26 AM.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I love Mabel, she's cute! She's one of my favorite background characters, too. I don't remember her ever having a speaking role, but maybe the closest shots of her are in "Scribbles" where she's hugging a scribble as she naps on the floor, and "Setting a President" where Bloo asks if she (and I think three other background IFs) wants candy, and then he throws candy at them. She makes a face as the candy hits her in the face, and I always say "Aw, ow!" Poor Mabel, getting hit in the face with candy doesn't look too fun.

Bloo, be nice!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

I only recall her speaking during "Hiccy Burp" when Bloo demonstrated his act. She came out going, "That was amaaaaaazing!" in a really high pitched voice. I'm assuming she's done by Grey deLisle, so she sounds a lot like a nasally high-pitched Frankie.

She also is sort of featured in The New Guy episode? In the beginning it opens with a shot of Bloo imitating the way her eyes look. XD

Last edited by ptps; 09-19-2007 at 08:13 PM.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:05 AM   #4
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptps View Post
I only recall her speaking during "Hiccy Burp" when Bloo demonstrated his act. She came out going, "That was amaaaaaazing!" in a really high pitched voice. I'm assuming she's done by Grey deLisle, so she sounds a lot like a nasally high-pitched Frankie.

She also is sort of featured in The New Guy episode? In the beginning it opens with a shot of Bloo imitating the way her eyes look. XD
Oh yeaaaaahh, I remember now. Yes, silly little Bloo sticks out his lower lip and bugs his eyes all out in "Beat With a Schtick", imitating her, and Yogi Booboo says something "That is right on!" That's probably the closest we see of her cute face.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:50 AM   #5
The Huntsman
Settling In

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I wanted to post these pictures so that we can better appreciate Mabel Licorice’s character. The credit, of course, goes to Sparky. She took a lot of time to put so many screengrabs onto her site, and I am grateful for what she did.

Oddly enough, I don’t think her described personality has ever been shown in the show. She seems to be a rather friendly and loving individual, so I’m not sure where her “sarcastic wit” and “razor-sharp pre-teen attitude” came from, but I still think she’s a great Imaginary Friend.

Last edited by The Huntsman; 09-20-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

I like Mabel as well. Thanks for the great pics you posted, Huntsman.
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:18 AM   #7
The Huntsman
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlaz View Post
I like Mabel as well. Thanks for the great pics you posted, Huntsman.
You should thank Sparky. All I did was re-size them so that they could be posted on the forum more easily. Still, it's nice to know that Mabel has a decent amount of fans.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:55 PM   #8
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
You should thank Sparky. All I did was re-size them so that they could be posted on the forum more easily. Still, it's nice to know that Mabel has a decent amount of fans.
Indeed ~ I shall thank Sparky. Thanks for all you continually do, Sparky.

As my kids say "you rok!"

Last edited by Carlaz; 09-20-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #9
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

I'm gonna live forever or die trying!  

Oh my god, I LOVE Mabel Licorice ^^ though it always gets me down a bit that hardly anyone knows her name ;-;.

Yesterday, I downloaded Hiccy Burp /just/ for the bit with her talking. Lol. I.. think that's probably why I'm the self-proclamed biggest Mabel Licorice fan, lol.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
rhythmfuzion
Settling In

Lesser-Known Friends need attention!  

This is the first post for this thread in 2 years, but Mabel Licorice is cute and awesome! IMO Mabel Licorice is Pinecone Cola's boyfriend. IMO, in Pizza Party's spinoff, my comic series, she has Bloo's old character.