Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > Introductions

Notices

Introductions New to this board? Introduce yourself!

Old 10-09-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
Another Castle
At Home

Default First time...here goes

I've managed to get this far. I'm a little obsessed with Fosters, so I figured joining this forum would be the ideal way to satisfy it!

I don't spend a lot of time on internet forums (when I first saw one a few years ago it baffled me!). However, I have read most of the forums here (the best place to cure any Fosters craving), and have decided to join myself

I haven't used so many forums before, so I may not be aware of any rules or faux pas, so bear with me!
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Obsessed with Foster's? You'll fit in well here.

Welcome aboard!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Welcome! (The important forum rules are here, everyone is responsible for reading and following them.)
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

What better way to satisfy an obsession than talking with other people sharing the same obsession? Welcome!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Howdy friend, welcome to the forums.

Don't be afraid to join in any discussions related to our favorite cartoon series, or anything else that tickles your fancy.

PROTIP: If you feel like starting a new topic, make sure to use the search function to see if there is a thread already made about said topic. (I know that was unsolicited advice, but knowing that can be very useful in the long run.)

Last edited by taranchula; 10-09-2009 at 07:54 PM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Hey Castle! (Love the user name ) Welcome to the fun! Feel free to jump in and even bump any old threads in order to share your input on our favorite show.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Welcome to Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:04 AM   #8
Another Castle
At Home

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm just reading those rules now, but I cannot get the idea out of my head that if Bloo ever uses an internet forum he would ignore them and just type in block capitals all the time
Old 10-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #9
Another Castle
At Home

I'll briefly explain how I got into Fosters.

I don't have access to Cartoon Network, and haven't for years. I'm 19 now, but a few years ago I was foolish enough to think that cartoons for just for children, and I'd (very) briefly catching my cousin watching it, I thought it looked very silly and felt a little embarrassed.

About half a year later I just looked over a lot of forums and Fosters kept getting mention, and, more importantly, praised a lot. It mentioned it was made by the same bloke who did the Powerpuff Girls, which frankly meant noting to me, as I'd never watched that either.

I discovered there was an episode called 'Fosters goes to Europe' and, being a Brit living in the Netherlands (and has never set foot in America), this instantly was intrigued. I decided to give it a try.

It was a HUGE let down to see that they didn't even go (very frustrating), but even though that was a bad episode, I could still tell there was something special about it. I was a little confused by the premise and the rules of the Fosters universe, but reluctantly, I decided to forget the disappointing outcome and give it another chance. Relying on youtube only, I finally got a chance to watch the creative genius that is House of Bloos, and was instantly converted!

There are still a few weak/underwhelming episodes (Bride to Beat is by far my least favorite, sorry! I just try to forget that one), but I've seen about 35 so far (via youtube, the downloads section on this site and iTunes), and the good ones far outweigh the bad!

I've learn not to write something off just because it is for children, and Fosters is certainly cleverer, wittier (Bloo who, Bloo hoo) and entertaining that a lot of the 'grown-up' trash on tv nowadays!

I've given the PPGs a go, and although I enjoy it, I'm very surprised how violent it is!

Yikes! I was trying to be brief!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #10
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Sounds like you're well on your way to seeing all the episodes. We'd love to read which your favorite episodes and least favorite episodes are if you'd like to elaborate about them in their threads in the Episode Discussion part of the forum. Don't worry that you haven't seen them all yet.

And nope, cartoons are definitely not just for kids. Most of us here are adults, and we're deep into them. I personally see animation as an art, and I like learning about the complicated process of creating an animation show. And the finished result is the crown jewel, and highly entertaining as well.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote