Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 02-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #961
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

LOL

Old 02-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #962
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Yeah, I hate to be hating on people (jeez, never thought I'd use THAT sentence sincerely) but I do have a problem with what I call "anime purists". You know the type: the kinds that believe all animation not from Japan is inherintly ugly and stooooopid, and should be abolished. They don't care what it's about, they'll watch it if it's in their pretty anime style. No other style of drawing is worth mentioning. They'll also look down on you if you DO watch anime, but subbed, because somehow being able to understand it lessens the experience.

I mean, you watch Japaneese cartoons, for pete's sake! There are a large majority who'd mock the everloving crap out of you for that! And you call them intolerant and narrow-minded, and then you turn around and do it to other people! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!! Not that I want to control people's tastes here, but broaden your horizons, just like you keep asking others to broaden theirs! You can even watch Avatar to ease you into the process! It's good stuff! And then watch Fosters! I don't care if you "don't like the animation style", give it a try!

Um.....sorry about the rantiness. I know this is probably none of you, but I needed to get that off my chest. I'll be good now.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #963
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

No apologies necessary; after all, you're right.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:16 AM   #964
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

I also have a problem with people who do the reverse. If it originated in Japan, they go into hysterics about how horrible it is or must be.

...Course, the last anime I watched were Fist of the North Star, Darkstalkers, and Vampire Hunter D in that order. I'm not exactly up with the times, but my point still stands! I don't care what country something is from if it turns out to be good.

Last edited by Ridureyu; 02-05-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Ridureyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #965
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
I also have a problem with people who do the reverse. If it originated in Japan, they go into hysterics about how horrible it is or must be.

...Course, the last anime I watched were Fist of the North Star, Darkstalkers, and Vampire Hunter D in that order. I'm not exactly up with the times, but my point still stands! I don't care what country something is from if it turns out to be good.
Yeah, I don't care e where a show comes from, I care that's it's GOOD!

Also ,another tihng that ticks me recently is, MAINSTREAM MEDIA! Even worse than a bad show, is, a BUNCH of crappy shows that are ALWAYS hyped up by "networks" like TV guide, FOX, CNN, etc.... yeah.

Last edited by fosters home fan; 02-05-2008 at 01:40 PM.
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #966
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I have just called the police about my upstairs neighbors and their loud music again. They've had it going since before noon. This is getting to the point where I just can't take it anymore.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #967
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

go ruff 'em up Cass.

Who listens to loud music for 3 hours? Are they speed freaks?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #968
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Over six hours, actually, and I had to call the police twice to quiet them down. These people are like Gooftard; inconsiderate, uncaring, selfish, and oblivious. Tommorrow management is getting another call about these pests, which will produce no useful result. After that, I'm calling the housing authority and hitting them in their corporate wallets; the inspector will find violations and force them to pay up to fix them, and hopefully fire that lazy incompetent maintainence man. Will any of that help my noise problem? No. But it will make me feel better.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #969
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

The Quick Successions of Tests I've Had Recently -

Four tests. Within two days. For frick-fracks sake, cut me a break....

Fanboys/girls -

Have I posted this one already? Eh, don't really care, because it's a real sticking point for me. I really hate it when "fanboys/girls" get in a giant tizzy about whatever they're defending on their opinion and are willing to fight others to the death if they don't accept their opinions. These people need to learn that their opinions on cartoons, on cartoon pairings, or anything else fictional don't really matter, since they're based around bleeding fictional characters and settings.

Animal Rights Activists -

Animals have no rights. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is, in my mind, according to science. As a higher order of being in the evolutionary chain, humans pretty much have the right to do to animals that they own as they please, and this would be the case if there were ever a species higher than humanity. I'm not saying that people should harm animals and be neglectful of them for no reason; that would be wasteful and even I think cruel to another sentient (though lesser) being. However, animals are still lesser than humans, and thus humans technically have the right to do as they wish with them. Plus, I think it's horrid that there are people more willing to look out for the rights of animals then they are for their fellow man, though I guess it makes sense since it's inbreed within the human psyche to say "to hell with other humans, I'm looking out simply for me and what I want."

I'm a heavy believer in science, to tell the truth.

People Who Whine about Certain Video Games being Superior to Others -

On some of the nerdy(ier) sites I go to, there are constant fights surrounding videogames based on such things as how American/Japanese games are better, games for this or that system is better, PC games are better, and so on and so on. Really, I wish people would stop fighting about it and they could just admit that they like games without whining about other people's preferences and villianizing them for it.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #970
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
Have I posted this one already? Eh, don't really care, because it's a real sticking point for me. I really hate it when "fanboys/girls" get in a giant tizzy about whatever they're defending on their opinion and are willing to fight others to the death if they don't accept their opinions. These people need to learn that their opinions on cartoons, on cartoon pairings, or anything else fictional don't really matter, since they're based around bleeding fictional characters and settings.
It may not matter to you but for some people, myself included, there are real feelings involved, and such feelings can be very strong. In my case I happen to think Frankie is worth fighting for whether she's real or not, and I resent having my feelings on the subject belittled or told that they don't matter. Is it based on logic or reason? No. Do I care? No. I feel what I feel, and in some cases reason has to go out the window. It's part of being human.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 06-02-2009 at 11:45 PM.