Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #961
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Ghost Rider and Tombstone

I can sum up the first movie very easily, don't. Really just don't. Unless you really want to pass the time, or for some reason all you can get is Vh1 and pledge dries, there is absolutely no reason to watch the movie.

It's bad not because it botched many of the most basic aspects of the comic, no it failed because it tried to hard to shock and scare and didn't have what it took to pull it off. And the worst part, you could see all the parts of a good movie trying to break out of a bad one.

Peter Fonda and Sam Elliott don't just phone in their performances they seem bored to even be in the film. While Nic Cage knew that he was acting with a bad script and a mediocre director he just wanted to play one of his childhood heroes and it works to some degree.

The story is by the numbers, the villains not the least bit threatening and the score might as well have been from television. Not to mention that the loose ends were numerous for a stand-alone film.

Like Transformers, this movie had all the stuff to make it great but went oh so wrong. Avoid if possible.

Tombstone on the other hand is a great Western and one of the best films of the last decade. An all-star cast headed by Kurt Russell convince you that you're actually watching the Earp Brothers and Doc Holliday as they wage their against the ruthless Cowboys.

Val Kilmer steals the show in this one. He oozes charm as Doc Holliday, which is really something because Holliday is a hair's breadth away from being as slimy as any of the antagonists in the flick. In fact he actually has a counterpart in the Cowboys by the name of Johnny Ringo played by Michael Biehn. I could've easily watched a movie about these two alone. Such similar men probably could've been friends under different circumstances.

I could go on practically all day about Tombstone, but you really should just watch it. It's another Monk recommendation and it's top-notch too.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #962
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I guess Ghost Rider deserves the title "Marvel's Cat-Woman" that I've been hearing after all?
Old 09-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #963
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

I can't say that. There is still one Marvel movie that I haven't seen. And this is post turn of the century Marvel. None of that Roger Corman's Fantastic Four, or Dolph Lundgren's Punisher here. No, I still haven't seen Elektra, which I hear is Marvel's Catwoman. But I also hear that at least that one is forgettable, and any movie that is forgettable is better than any movie that sticks with you because of its flaws.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Old 09-07-2007, 01:13 PM   #964
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
But I also hear that at least that one is forgettable, and any movie that is forgettable is better than any movie that sticks with you because of its flaws.
Too true, my friend. Too true.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #965
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Shoot Em Up

I wasn't sure what to expect of this movie, be it a brilliant realistic action thriller or a over the top, guns a blazing action thriller. In sense I got a little of both. The movie is really easy to enjoy if you simply remember it's an action movie. The action scenes are incredible, funny, and a bit unrealistic.

But I honestly didn't expect a superb storyline from this movie or 100% accurate gun fights, I came to be entertained and that's exactly what this movie did. It's a well cast, well acted action movie that keeps you watching. The story isn't super thin and it actually has a little more thought put into it then your average action flick.

It's a fun, well crafted and created movie that is certainly worth your movie ticket price. This is an easy movie to enjoy and an easy movie to sit down and watch without having to put too much thought into. That's not a bad thing though, sometimes (like in this movie's case) all you want to do is turn your brain off and enjoy the ride.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:38 AM   #966
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

Back To The Future

Awesome! I'd watch it again!

? Long Live Jeremiah ?
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #967
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Indy movies are Spielberg's best. Their just perfect.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #968
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Hairspray

Who would have ever thought that a John Waters comedy about intergration in Baltimore would be such a feel-good film? Ricki Lake succeeds in making big beautiful, and a fun time is had by all. Well except for Sonny Bono and his family. Another recommended film.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Old 09-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #969
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Hairspray

Who would have ever thought that a John Waters comedy about intergration in Baltimore would be such a feel-good film? Ricki Lake succeeds in making big beautiful, and a fun time is had by all. Well except for Sonny Bono and his family. Another recommended film.
who would've ever thought there would be a PG-rated John Waters movie?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #970
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Hairspray

What I wanna know is why John Travolta's eyes are so incredibly close together. They weren't like that in Grease!