Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-21-2008, 05:37 AM   #941
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
That happened to someone on a rat LJ community years ago Lynnie. The girl's brother (and I think his girlfriend was involved) poisoned her favorite rat just because he didn't like rats. It died a slow, horrible death and she couldn't save it. She wasn't able to move out, so she just had to go on knowing he might do it again.

My parents hated rats too. My dad caught me playing with the neighbor's baby rats once, dragged me inside, and beat me with his belt.

Guess what dad? I STILL LOVE RATS. You taught me something that day, but not what you meant to.
My mother was determined to beat the fear/hate of snakes into me when I was a child. She was a genuine ophidiophobe, and could not understand why anyone would actually like anything that caused her so much fear, and she believed to her bi-polar soul that HER feelings on any matter should be EVERYONE'S, no exceptions. If anything, it made me that much more determined to learn more about snakes and be around them whenever I got the chance. I actually got bitten by a baby Copperhead, a venomous species, when I was nine, and never told anyone because I literally feared that my mother would be more likely to kill me or cause me irreparable harm than the snakebite. I got horribly sick(I tend to have systemic, rather than localized, reactions to venoms), and everyone thought I had a really bad case of "summer flu"(whatever THAT is), and no one had any clue I'd been bitten by a snake. I toughed it out, basically. When I was 12, I whupped HER butt one good time, when she tried to punch me for stepping between her and my younger brother, who has Asperger's, and whom she literally hated and was probably literally trying to kill. She couldn't deal with the fact that HER only son wasn't "normal"(as if she was), and it's a miracle that he survived. After I turned the tables on her, though, I was officially granted permission to keep snakes, with the old admonition, "If we find you dead out in the yard from getting bit, you can't say we didn't tell you so!". Well, countless snakes and bites later, I'm still here. My mother passed away on her 46th birthday from the effects of COPD(Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), the result of having smoked several packs a day since the age of 13. Hmmmm...wonder what is more dangerous and kills more people, snakes, or cigarette smoking?
Wonder how many of those who rant about snakes, rats, Pit Bulls, spiders, etc. being dangerous killer animals, indulge in tobacco use in some form?

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #942
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Lol I bet all the members here feel sooo much better now knowing what messed-up backgrounds some of the staff come from...
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #943
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

i'm scared...
Old 01-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #944
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

I fear death in general, so everytime I hear of a diasease I've never heard of, I freak out about it for about 2 days...But eventually I get over it until it happens again...it's like a cycle.

Spiders never leave our home alive...I leave them alone outside, but if they get in our house, they have to go, one way or another. Especially if a spider happens to be a Black Widow...*shudder*

And yes, I was spanked, too. I think just only my mother did it...Only when I was naughty. =P
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #945
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

When you're in a building with more than one person living there, and you see a stack of official-looking letters, paperwork, and checks, what do you do?

Do you take those and start writing/doodling on them?

Do you say, "Oh, I didn't know what these were. I assumed they were trash."?

I seethe.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #946
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I believe at one time or another I've mention an idiot by the name of Richard who lives in my neighborhood. He's the town perv and has a habit of not bathing regularly but that's another story. Earlier today I was told by someone who works at Walgreens that oftentimes when he's done shopping and decides to pay by check he will pull out his checkbook and a pen, drop both on the counter, and tell the cashier to fill it out for him. He usually gets away with it, too, because the register workers don't want to argue with him and just want him to go away. And of course there's management's position about the customer always being right or some such nonsense, so the cashiers really can't yell at him anyway. Unbelievable. Well, maybe the workers can't yell at him but I certainly can, and if he pulls this kind of asinine stunt while I'm around I fully intent to give him a piece of my mind. You want the merchandise, butthead? Then fill out the dang check yourself or go shop somewhere else. And buy some soap while your at it. Sheesh, enough is enough with this jerk.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 02-03-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling error.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:14 PM   #947
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Darn right, Cass! It sounds like those poor ladies could use a gentleman to stand up for them since management won't. You can be sure that that jerk's actions will catch up to him some day.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #948
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Any chance at visiting Seattle, Cass?

A guy went crazy on me today because he gave me a gift card that said it had $100 on it, and yet there was only $73. I asked him if he was sure the card hadn't been used on a prior purchase, he said "Of course I know I hadn't used it before, you think I'm stupid?", and wanted me to redeem it for the full $100. Well sir, if it indeed had $100 on it at one time, clearly it had been used before because there is only $73 on it now. If you want to be told when and where it had been used before, there's the 1-800 number on the back of the card. From here, there's nothing more I can do. Now please step aside so I can help other customers. He continued to rat me out, even though there's nothing I could have done about it whatsoever. There's only so much over riding of the system I can do, and there's no difference between redeeming a gift card for more than it's worth, and increasing the credit limit of someone's credit card. THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO DUFUS! Now go away. You're causing a scene.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #949
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Cass, sometimes i wish assault wasn't a crime. Sounds like you do too
Old 01-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #950
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Sometimes...

He was in Walgreens earlier, as was I, but he didn't stay very long or do anything other than smell. From what I'm told he spends less time in the store when he knows I'm there. I'm really not sure why that is; we have rarely spoken or interacted in any way since I first met him so it's not like he knows me or anything. But that being the case, the cashiers like for me to hang around the registers until he leaves, so that's what I do when he's prowling the isles.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote