Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:39 AM   #891
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I went to see Ratatouille over in Canada. It’s not actually due to be released in the UK until October, but I do love being able to cheat the system. And holy hell, was this movie awesome or what? I’m definitely going back to see it again when that release on my homeland does finally roll around. It may just be my fondness for all things small and furry, but I loved every single second of this film. The story was great - funny, touching and offbeat, and the animation was amazing (no small feat, given how run-of-the-mill CGI animation has now become). Whenever they had Remy darting around on that perilous kitchen floor and getting menaced by various cooking utensils, it set my pulse racing. Congratulations Pixar - that’s yet another watermark. Equally delightful were those 2D animated rats in the end credits.

Of the in flight entertainment I saw on the way over, the only film that really stands out is this drippy little children’s flick called Firehouse Dog. Not a classic, that’s for sure, but still, I got some good derisive laughs from watching it. The highlights of the film were undoubtedly seeing the titular character skateboard, do back flips over cars and fences and, at one point, slide down a fire pole . Hilarious stuff, and infinitely more entertaining than Shrek the Third at any rate, which I had the displeasure of seeing on the flight back. I’m no fan of either of the previous Shrek films, but yeesh was this one terrible (Hello? Story? Humour? Hello, are you there?).

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 08-14-2007 at 05:41 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #892
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

i saw the first half of "Havoc" with Anne Hathaway. No. This is NOT a Disney movie. I loved it though, might need to buy it. Fantastic actress, great plot...only got to see the first half (aww tartar sauce).
Old 08-14-2007, 08:56 PM   #893
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Versus

One of the most famous Japanese movies I have been hearing about alongside Battle Royale and Pulse and that. I finally saw it thanks to my movie buff friend and I gotta say it was un-freaking believably crazy.

Demented and psychotic gore, outrageous stuff and downright bizarre to the point of coolness. It was a fun and insanely twisted movie and it was much different then I thought but I still really enjoyed it.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:21 AM   #894
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Jack and Sarah

A very nice, if rather unremarkable, comedy about a single father trying to raise his baby girl, though the focus does change about half-way through to his efforts to fill the void left by the recent death of his wife...at which point, the storyline offers very little in the way of surprises, but still, it has Richard E. Grant, and that is a heck of a lot. I'd even be willing to watch Hudson Hawk some time in the future, I love that man so much.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #895
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Crank

I love Jason Statham, I think he's one of the few great current male action guys we have left in the movie world. He was amazing in Transporter and I enjoyed his work in The Italian Job as well. Most people I talked to or hear from hated this movie and said it was utter crap. I actually really, REALLY liked it. I loved the directing style and the action never stopped and never ceased to entertain me.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:08 AM   #896
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Crank

I love Jason Statham, I think he's one of the few great current male action guys we have left in the movie world. He was amazing in Transporter and I enjoyed his work in The Italian Job as well. Most people I talked to or hear from hated this movie and said it was utter crap. I actually really, REALLY liked it. I loved the directing style and the action never stopped and never ceased to entertain me.
For a second I thought you said Torque! That movie was awful. I don't think I've seen crank but it sounds familiar.
As for Jason Statham, he's reported as being the studios first choice to play Action-Man in the new GIJoe movie.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:20 AM   #897
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

I had a real problem with Crank. A lot of parts really worked for me. It had a Ritchie-esque manic pace to it. But there was a certain scene in Chinatown that has me wondering if this movie is worth revisiting.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:22 AM   #898
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
i saw the first half of "Havoc" with Anne Hathaway. No. This is NOT a Disney movie. I loved it though, might need to buy it. Fantastic actress, great plot...only got to see the first half (aww tartar sauce).
Great plot, but unfortunately it is poorly executed with stereotypes, and a horrible script to boot.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:58 PM   #899
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Super bad

Hilarious movie, absolutely hysterical. It was dirty, clever, witty, loaded with sex stuff but a blast never the less. This movie kept the laughs right on coming and it's probably the best comedy of the entire summer.

No matter what anyone says or what you think you feel about this movie, GO SEE IT! It will be money well spent.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:40 PM   #900
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
I went to see Ratatouille over in Canada. It’s not actually due to be released in the UK until October, but I do love being able to cheat the system. And holy hell, was this movie awesome or what? I’m definitely going back to see it again when that release on my homeland does finally roll around. It may just be my fondness for all things small and furry, but I loved every single second of this film. The story was great - funny, touching and offbeat, and the animation was amazing (no small feat, given how run-of-the-mill CGI animation has now become). Whenever they had Remy darting around on that perilous kitchen floor and getting menaced by various cooking utensils, it set my pulse racing. Congratulations Pixar - that’s yet another watermark. Equally delightful were those 2D animated rats in the end credits.

Of the in flight entertainment I saw on the way over, the only film that really stands out is this drippy little children’s flick called Firehouse Dog. Not a classic, that’s for sure, but still, I got some good derisive laughs from watching it. The highlights of the film were undoubtedly seeing the titular character skateboard, do back flips over cars and fences and, at one point, slide down a fire pole . Hilarious stuff, and infinitely more entertaining than Shrek the Third at any rate, which I had the displeasure of seeing on the flight back. I’m no fan of either of the previous Shrek films, but yeesh was this one terrible (Hello? Story? Humour? Hello, are you there?).
Yes, CGI animation saddens me now. It's like people think kids are LSD addicts and won't be entertained unless everything is candy-striped colors and moving at 100 mph. Luckily we have Pixar to still be AWESOME.

I liked the first two Shrek movies, but it sucks how they felt the need to keep it in the public eye by doing the dreaded Sequel With Babies. Also Justin Timberlake what. I mean Shrek was always basically a wisecrackin' pop-culture-reference-makin' cash cow, but the phrase "quit while you're ahead" exists for a reason.

Also, this isn't really related to movies I've actually seen, but I can't believe they made an Underdog movie. It's like some elaborate, expensive joke without a punchline. There should be a disclaimer that says "Based off the cartoon (in name only)".

Last edited by kageri; 08-17-2007 at 09:42 PM.
kageri is offline   Reply With Quote