Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 06:09 PM   #81
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Primarily at the end when he was being pelted.

Waking up with Duchess is more like a comic gag idea, where I found the ending to be well...depressing.

It's just hard to watch someone go through with that. With Frankie in "Bloooo" she could have saved her self a world of grief if she calmed down and looked at things rationally.
I see.

It's true that Frankie could have (and should have) calmed down and put on her rationality glasses. I think it's easy to see why she didn't, though. Most folks I know would not act rationally if they were spooked and caught out in the rain. It's a very human reaction by Frankie; not very fun to watch, but fairly realistic at the least.

As for "Duchess of Wails"...
I always took the scenes of Mac getting pelted with produce to be a parody of the "epic" battle scenes in those fantasy movies. The fact that the imaginary friends were "defending" the house with produce was kind of funny. I suppose seeing Madame Foster directing an "army" was also supposed to be silly.
I can see why you didn't like it. I'd liken your opinion of that scene in "Duchess of Wails" to my take on Frankie's freak-out in "Blooooo", if I may.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #82
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I'm a little tired tonight so I can't really stretch this out as long as you may want it billy but here's what I got:

The thing with Frankie that didn't bother me as much as it did with Mac was because, Frankie is one an adult and someone who deals with hard crap in her life on a regular basis. Working for Herriman is no doubt a stressful expierence, but she manages to get by.

Seeing her think that friend was a monster or a killer is something we would all typically do, unless we tried to calm down a bit. We fear that situation because we don't know what's out there or who is out there, with "Wails" that wasn't the case.

While I am not doubting nor am I disregarding the obvious comedic elements to beating someone with a barrage of fruits, it's still a form of "attacking". And to me, seeing Mac getting so intently smashed and "forced" away from Foster's was kind of hurting.

Fruit or no fruit, it's a terribly hurtful expierence to have the friends and loved ones of your life try so hard to keep you from coming back. Like when Goo first arrived and Mac was being asked not to come back to Foster's because of his "relation" to her.

Which I felt was unfair seeing as how Mac NEVER said Goo was his girlfriend, and he was being blamed for a girl beyond his (and I imagine her parents) control. Anyways my point is that Frankie was scarred, it's a crappy thing to have happen to you but people get over getting freaked out.

It's easier because it happens on accident, in the movies, in TV and etc. Getting told verbally or physically (fruitfully in this case) to stay away by your friends who are working with your worst enemy, Terrence, that just hurts. Or at least that's the way I saw it.

It's more along the lines of seeing your friends turn against you being damaging and pain, that's how I feel about it.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:59 AM   #83
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I'm thinking people may be going a little deeper into these events then the writters intended. The big battle in "Whales" was a parody of the battle of helms deep in the Lord of the rings the two towrs. They werant out to give Frankie a hard time in "Bloooo", she just worked for that episodes subplot. And I found it very funny to watch. Probobly because I would react the same way she did.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #84
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I'm a little tired tonight so I can't really stretch this out as long as you may want it billy but here's what I got:

The thing with Frankie that didn't bother me as much as it did with Mac was because, Frankie is one an adult and someone who deals with hard crap in her life on a regular basis. Working for Herriman is no doubt a stressful expierence, but she manages to get by.

Seeing her think that friend was a monster or a killer is something we would all typically do, unless we tried to calm down a bit. We fear that situation because we don't know what's out there or who is out there, with "Wails" that wasn't the case.

While I am not doubting nor am I disregarding the obvious comedic elements to beating someone with a barrage of fruits, it's still a form of "attacking". And to me, seeing Mac getting so intently smashed and "forced" away from Foster's was kind of hurting.

Fruit or no fruit, it's a terribly hurtful expierence to have the friends and loved ones of your life try so hard to keep you from coming back. Like when Goo first arrived and Mac was being asked not to come back to Foster's because of his "relation" to her.

Which I felt was unfair seeing as how Mac NEVER said Goo was his girlfriend, and he was being blamed for a girl beyond his (and I imagine her parents) control. Anyways my point is that Frankie was scarred, it's a crappy thing to have happen to you but people get over getting freaked out.

It's easier because it happens on accident, in the movies, in TV and etc. Getting told verbally or physically (fruitfully in this case) to stay away by your friends who are working with your worst enemy, Terrence, that just hurts. Or at least that's the way I saw it.

It's more along the lines of seeing your friends turn against you being damaging and pain, that's how I feel about it.
You stretched that out fine, gave me plenty of insight anyway. And really, for the most part, I agree with you.

Now, I see that the situations are different. But it seems that you don't enjoy the latter part of "Duchess of Wails" for ultimately the same reason I dislike most of "Blooooo"; we both find those respective parts difficult to watch, we don't enjoy watching them.
In that way, I think, our opinions are similar.

Now, if they'd just hurry up and start showing new episodes we could talk about what Frankie did in them. Rehashing is fun, but one can only do so much, ya know?
Old 08-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #85
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I guess it was just the whole idea of everyone you know and love turning against you that sounded worse to me, at least Frankie's incident was more "self done" if that makes any sense. But I do think we have gotten a bit off track.

In any case, the reason this thread was made was to talk about Frankie and that's what I want to do now. Bare in mind I did enjoy our discussions billy. I love Frankie because for one thing, I think she's a truly admirable character with a down right sweet yet wacky adorableness to her.

While I would much rather see her be happy then hassled, I can't help but laugh at her amusing banter and screaming matches with Herriman. And I think her zero tolerance in dealing with Herriman is what gives her some of her charm.

I think she's funny, kind, but also down right attractive. I was right there with Mac and Bloo when she came down in "Frankie my dear", it's amazing what a new wardrobe can to do someone. I also find it funny that Frankie is awfully mature for someone of her young age.

I'm EXACTLY her same age and I'm no where near as responsible or as amazingly well balanced as she is. She's more mature then her own grandmother, which is funny considering her grandma is down right bonkers. But anyways, I'm glad Frankie has become more involved in the show.

Even if she's getting scared out of her panties in "Bloooo" or repeatively getting soup splashed in her face in "Bus the two of us", it's nice to see her taking a more active and apparant role in the show, much like Goo and Cheese. Although those two are mostly due to their popuarlity due to their insanity.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:52 PM   #86
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

I enjoyed the discussion as well. Thanks for letting me bounce my opinions off you; glad you enjoyed the conversation as well.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:55 AM   #87
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

So thats two of us who are the same age as Frankie and have a special place in our hearts for her... Shall I recomend pistols at dawn?
Old 08-29-2006, 07:09 AM   #88
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Pshhhh, you're going to end up with an army at dawn, from the percentages I've seen...
Old 08-29-2006, 07:16 AM   #89
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

We will be the silent majority no longer...

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:21 AM   #90
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

LOL! Many would say we are pretty sad to find a cartoon character attractive! But I say it's a testimet to her wonderful character. Her personality is wonderful, and she's even a beuty. But Grey Delisale is certainly a big part of Frankie's appeal. Her performance and voice are perfect for the role.