Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:18 AM   #81
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

The best, subtlest part of the episode, in my opinion, was Herriman kissing Madame Foster goodnight at the beginning of the episode.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:39 AM   #82
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Aw shoot I forgot about..."Misplaced" the wicked satire about what I like to call the Gilligan's Island for the 00's

The rabbit was right though, the probably weren't going to explain anything, even though they said they were, it's a technique used by a lot of shows of Lost's ilk. (See, Files-X)

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:22 AM   #83
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchy McAbandonpants View Post
Excellent. Very, very good indeed; my sincere thanks to Sparky for getting online so promptly!

I see the Season Five/Six quandary has been cleared up for us (again, ta muchly, Mrs. Faust!), and I must say; as much as it would have been nice to have a new season of Foster's to look forward to in the coming weeks, I couldn't be happier with this episode as a season finale. At the end of a somewhat off-kilter and experimental fifth season, this one really felt like a deliberate, carefully crafted throwback to that classic Foster's feel, so much so that it actually started to feel almost nostalgic. More than any other episode I can remember, "Let Your Hare Down" felt like it was written specifically with long-term fans in mind, with the script positively laced with little references only regular watchers would get (Coco the murderer; Frankie's Tango dreams; an appearance by what felt like every minor Friend ever; BLOO'S FIRST EVER PADDLE-BALL SUCCESS ).

More than that, what pleased me most about this ep was that it was the first in a long time that the strength of this show is its versatility. Having Bloo screaming is pretty funny, but too much of the last season was focussed solely on that; here, we got not only the full range of characters (every single major cast member had at least a couple of great lines, which is wonderful), but also the full range of humour, from shouty slapstick to sly sarcasm, dry wit to absurdist daftness. Foster's at its best should have something for everyone to enjoy; I feel "Let Your Hare Down" hit that mark dead on, and I'm delighted that Season Five was able to close, belatedly, with such a sparkling return to form. I shall most certainly be looking out for Mr. Rob Renzetti's name attached to future episodes; still, what more would you expect from a Powerpuff veteran?

Roll on Season Six!

PS - This is totally irrelevant, but having written close to 8000 words this week, I just want to savour typing the five words that matter most: I. Have. Finished. My. Dissertation.

Ooh...I did enjoy that, yesssss.
Sir, I tip my hat to you for yet another well-thought-out and well-written review; none could have said it better. And my congratulations of finishing your dissertation!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #84
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I FINALLY got to see it, complete with end credits, no less! This was certainly one of the best of Season Five, chock-full of references to other tv shows and movies and with plenty of laughs. Where else but on Foster's could you hear the line, "Take your stupid Binky and HELP ME"? Though I have to say, that list of overdue bills looked awfully familiar...TOO familiar, in fact, which reminds me, the electric bill, the water bill, a car payment, a car insurance payment and a couple of loan payments are due tomorrow, but I digress. Great episode-loved seeing Wilt in those little green swim trunks(hey, at least it wasn't a Speedo) and actually hearing him SPEAK once again was a pleasant treat!

Oh, and if there's anyone who hasn't seen the end credits,
Spoiler Below
it's a play on Bloo's promise never to wear clothes. He's seen wearing a regular shirt, tie and pants...made for like, a regular-sized adult guy, so he's having difficulty moving around, to say the least! Herriman, it seems, ordered him to put on some clothes once he returned to his normal self.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #85
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

As always, I'm late catching up on episode reviews and what not but either way, I hope its safe to say I am in the majority of people who thought this episode freaking ruled! It has been a long hiatus since any new Fosters stuff was out and I think the last new one that was out was the abomination known as "Peas".

If that's the case, god bless CN for releasing this little gem to wash that annoying little green stain from my pain laced memories. But back to "Hare down", this episode was charming and downright FUNNY. Fosters has had some good episodes come and go, but not all of them have made me genuinely laugh.

I mean actually laugh out loud, this one did quite a few times. Seeing Mr. Herriman as a stoner/hippie/burnt out happy goer was too much fun to be had. Herriman has never changed his look since the show started and this drastic overhaul was much appreciated. I love how Bloo was "forced" into agreeing.

The fact he finally got paddle balling and Herriman stole it from him was priceless that is EXACTLY the number one thing that would for sure piss Bloo off into helping and it worked to perfection. I too thought the kissing Madame Foster was a cute thing to put in, its good they keep the fact he loves his creator quite evident in the show no matter how long the series gets.

Frankie's groans in bed were dare i say, sexy to hear and being a Frankie fan, I couldn't stop laughing SO HARD when I saw the kid making googly eyes at her and thinking she sounded so hot when she snored. First Mac, then the kid in that Fosters comic, now this kid, is there a theme I dare say? .

Anywho, probably the funniest bit had to be Herriman changing back to normal and announcing every character cliche reference in the book.

"Wilt, say your sorry"
"Eduardo, start crying"
"Mac, get a hair cut!"
"Uh yes....sir?"

That one cracked me up. This episode was genuinely fun, charming and entertaining, Coco's constant murderous suggestions never got old. However, there were 2 problems I did have with it. 1-This plot has been used many times over, having an up tight character or fun loving character "straighten/loosen up" and have disastrous results forcing a reset to be made.

Teen Titans, Tiny Toon adventures, Kim Possible, Darkwing Duck, they have all done it so the plot really didn't strike me as fresh. And 2-This is kind of minor but this kind of bugged me when I thought about it. Even if Herriman did most of the organizing, I find it hard to believe the house would get crappy that quickly with Frankie around.

And this has nothing to do with my Frankie fandom fever, I'm just confused how Frankie wouldn't do any cleaning, cooking, etc during the 3 weeks Herriman was on his happy trip. Unless they are saying she was constantly involved in the 3 week party as well but I didn't really believe she'd do that. Its nothing important, probably just me overthinking but thought I'd toss it out.

Overall, a very, very enjoyable episode, well written and very well created. I laughed quite a bit and felt extremely satisfied with this episode.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #86
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Cassini: Hey, thanks, buddy! That's very nice of you to say. It's been nice to actually have a moment or two to myself for a change, without having to have my face buried in a book from dawn 'til dusk. What with that out of the way with and Foster's Season Six starting THIS WEEK (with a brilliant-sounding episode), things are looking up a little in the Ditchy McAbandon-camp...

Mr Marshmallow: Diligent, effective little worker though she is, I would guess that a three-week period of rule-free debauchery and anarchy involving everybody in the house (not to mention a sizable contingent from outside the house) would create more mess than Frankie would be able to cope with, even we were to assume she had been trying to keep on top of things throughout that time. No slight was intended against the good name of our "Frankie-stein", I'm sure.

Last edited by Ditchy McAbandonpants; 03-10-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #87
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marshmallow:
And this has nothing to do with my Frankie fandom fever, I'm just confused how Frankie wouldn't do any cleaning, cooking, etc during the 3 weeks Herriman was on his happy trip. Unless they are saying she was constantly involved in the 3 week party as well but I didn't really believe she'd do that. Its nothing important, probably just me overthinking but thought I'd toss it out.
It's all in the head, man. Mr Herriman may not have done much, but once the residents got it into their head that rules were no longer being enforced, they just gave up on doing their share of the work. Frankie's not Superman. She can't keep that house spotless alone, with everyone else working against her.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #88
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

A Rob Renzetti episode, huh? Cool. I remember he did various eps. of Dexter's Lab. I didn't get to see it yet though.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #89
Mr_Bloo_Veins
At Home

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MIKE AND IKES FROM OUR VENDING MACHINES  

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Bloo_Veins Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Bloo_Veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
Well, since we have no concrete info to go on, we might as well start with wild speculation and see what people take as fact.

SNAPE KILLS HERRIMAN
NEVER LEAVE STEVE IS ACTUALLY JUST THE NICKNAME BLOO GAVE HIS PADDLE BALL FOR NO REASON IN PARTICULAR

Great episode. It definately made up for the train wreck that was "The Little Peas"

Also, a Rob Renzetti episode? The guy who did MLAATR? Cool.

Last edited by Mr_Bloo_Veins; 03-13-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Mr_Bloo_Veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #90
Xroc88
At Home

This was an awesome episode!!!

Mr herriman reminded me of the truth from GTA san andreas lol.
Xroc88 is offline   Reply With Quote