Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Was GWH worth all the hype? Grade the movie.
A 85 78.70%
B 18 16.67%
C 5 4.63%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2006, 09:07 PM   #81
jokerbloo
Newly Abandoned
Are you sure you dont want some candy?  

probably but unlikely since she isnt responcible.

one example was her actually dancing at the party that bloo wasnt supposed to do.

another is when mac and the gang were going to europe and frankie was telling her what to do while they were gone and maddam foster wasnt paying attention at all and playing with her glasses
Old 11-23-2006, 09:13 PM   #82
swarlock
Settling In

I am Bloo. Hear me roar!  

Give it till the end of the month. Then upload it somewhere.
swarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:19 PM   #83
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

My name is Jordan, so of I was an african american & good at BB,I could be Wilt's creator....sorta....
I sorta wished to see Goo & all her friends though.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:22 PM   #84
jokerbloo
Newly Abandoned

but she cant see all of her friends since almost all of them were adopted.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:36 PM   #85
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerbloo View Post
Here's one more question. Do you think Frankie had hundreds of chores to do when she got back?
Madame Foster might've forced Mr. Herriman to do the chores in the meantime(like how he became Lil' Lincoln's "maid" in EC). In any case, I don't think it's a particulary major issue. If Frankie did the monstrous pile of chores given to her in "Camp Keep A Good Mac Down" and survived the events of IHFUMEUP( ), I think she'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet_yoshi View Post
P.S.: I though the hot version of Frankie, the nerds' saw her as, was really cute. It'd be fun to have it on a t-shirt or, something. Kind of like, non-popularity obsessed girls can be hot too.
I think Frankie is already scorchingly hot as it is. In fact, I stand by my belief that the real thing is WAY SUPERIOR to the nerds' "idealized" version. Don't get me wrong, seeing that "special" Frankie was funny, and it's very attractive on a surface level... but in my opinion, it completely removes the wholesomeness and warmth that makes her beauty truly special. The original is the best.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:40 PM   #86
jokerbloo
Newly Abandoned

i would have to agree with you about everything
Old 11-24-2006, 12:03 AM   #87
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

I really really enjoyed this movie! There are so many things I loved about it.

I really liked how the movie was planned out - with every helpful task he did, we got to see a little more of his past. I'm so glad that we finally got to see his creator and what happened to him.

There are so many emotion-evoking moments in it! I got kind of angry whenever Larry was literally beating Wilt on the court. It really got me when he slammed Wilt's head into the ground... Though I was happy Wilt didn't stoop to his level and kept playing fair.
It was very touching, too, when Jordan held up his hand and he was still wearing Wilt's wristband. It looked like Wilt was about to cry after Jordan told him everything!
I was SO happy in any situation involving Wilt and Jordan, especially when Jordan saved Wilt and whenever they were playing together in the end. I'm glad that Wilt has found inner and outer peace now with himself, his creator, and (maybe) Larry. (Dunno about Larry... we don't know how Wilt reacted to him after he wasn't a jerk anymore. It's not like Wilt to hold a grudge, but Larry WAS the reason for him losing his eye, arm, and best friend for years.)

I laughed so much during the end whenever Wilt was being one of those "crazy soccer dads" that sometimes get kicked out of games. "THIS IS NOT A CONTACT SPORT, PEOPLE!"

The parts with Eduardo and Nina were uber adorable!! It was really cute how protective of her he was, and how even though she's an adult, she still giggles like a little girl when he hugs her and rocks her. I loved seeing her ride on his head and hold his horns.

My boyfriend recorded this and I've already watched it (I think) 3 times... and I plan on watching it again in the morning. I can't help myself. It's great.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:09 AM   #88
DoubleLatte
At Home

I taped it and watched it twice. Loved it. Though I was a little (just a little) disappointed that Wilt's creator wasn't a girl. All in all, the theories weren't too far off from Wilt having been a role model and a fatherly figure to this little boy. He even called his creator "my boy", making Wilt sound even more fatherly than your typical IF, which I found irresistibly sweet. And the part were he holds the crying little IF and comforts her? Two words: father material. ;3 I'm definitely getting up early tomorrow to catch the rerun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
(Speaking of the passage of time, too, how could the gang be out looking for Wilt for supposedly several days when the Creator Picnic was only a weekend? If the first part of the movie was Saturday, and they left to search for Wilt Sunday morning, then how come when they got back to Foster's "days" later the "weekend" was just ending? I'm probably just confused, I can be kind of dense sometimes.)
I didn't get that either. :3

Quote:
I admit I could sort of see why Wilt may have had to have his arm amputated after such a bad break in multiple places (his arm being so long and thin perhaps setting the bone just wasn't possible), but why did his eye suddenly become rattly just from being smacked with a basketball? I thought at first that Larry landed on his eyestalk too (which of course would rupture the eye and explain why Wilt got a false one, even one that obviously wasn't made specially for him) but having his eye suddenly shrink and become unblinking etc just didn't work for me. (Sorry.)
Again, that didn't work for me either. The amputated arm? Okay. But losing his eye in the manner he did didn't exactly strike me as predetermined for the character. It just seemed more convinient than realistic. Same thing I keep wondering: how does an eye go about becoming bent and plastic-like from getting bludgeoned with a basketball? I didn't quite buy into it, either, though the concept tugged at the heartstrings, definitely.

Another thing that'll probably keep me up all night: Exactly what kind of Spanish do Nina and Eduardo speak? Some of their conversations left me scratching my head and I constantly wondered if Nina's use of words might have been slang from other Latin countries. Pollo duro, which actually translates to "hard chicken", could either be (unsuccesfully) trying refer to "tough chicken", in which case it would have been gallina; unless the word pollo duro holds a different meaning in another Spanish-speaking country. Eduardo's and Nina's conversations were a horrible mish-mash of English and Spanish that it was just hard to follow and understand without the captions on. Even then, much of what they said hardly made sense to me.
The only thing that bears any true resemblance to the Spanish Mexicans speak is Eduardo's reference to pesos (the currency used in Mexico) in "Emancipation Complication."

Last edited by DoubleLatte; 11-24-2006 at 01:09 AM.
DoubleLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:57 AM   #89
Fomalhaut
Who speaks like Goo and sings like Eurotrish

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Send a message via Skype™ to Fomalhaut

Okay... since I won't see this movie for ages, I have read the spoilers.
FINALLY! Though I have written a fanfic about this as well, I'm happy they have proved all those violent, angsty or worse ones wrong!

"Up in the sky, there's a star for everyone"
Fomalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:42 AM   #90
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Hmm...

Well, I gave it a B.

(*waits for bricks*)

I wished there would have been more Mac 'n' Bloo fluff...

Er... not much to say, to be honest. I mean, I thought it was great. I really did. Just everything I'm thinking was already said...

I thought the Eduardo-Nina part ROCKED.

This is just my initial watching it review... I'm going to re-watch it and then make a more in-deph review in a day or two.

Ciao.

-Marty