Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:48 AM   #861
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

dad, saying hes watching tv, and then just sleeps. soon as i change the channel, he wakes up and yells at me.

i swear this happens at least once a week.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:59 AM   #862
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

My father did that, too. My brother was worse, though; he'd get annoyed when you woke him up because he was sleeping. It had nothing to do with the TV. Hey, if you're that tired, go to bed, jackass, and quit complaining about the noise in the dang TV room.

Sheesh, I'm glad I'm away from those people.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #863
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

People Who Don't Know the Difference between Toleration and Respect-
A lot of times, when people ask you to be tolerant of something, they want you to agree with what that person believes and thinks, or to accept what that person believes or thinks. That's respect, not toleration. Rather, toleration is just that someone won't kill another person for their beliefs. People are obliged to be tolerant to others, but no one is obliged to show respect to anyone, as respect is earned and not given like toleration. I just wish people would get those two right.

My Workplace-
I have to work both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve this year. Of course, I work at Wal-Mart, so I should expect to be screwed over on a often basis...

The Holiday Season-
Just call me Ebenezer Scrooge. Bah humbug.

People Who Ask Me How My Day Is-
This irritates me because, aside from friends, whether online or offline, there's no reason anyone else should care how my day was. Those who honestly do care are assholes, because they have no right or reason to care, and those who don't care but ask it anyway are even bigger assholes since they're just doing it because they feel it fits some sort of societal norm for good behavior. How was my day? **** you, that's how my day was.

This rant brought to you by Nathander.

Last edited by Nathander; 12-19-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Nathander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:26 AM   #864
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
A lot of times, when people ask you to be tolerant of something, they want you to agree with what that person believes and thinks, or to accept what that person believes or thinks. That's respect, not toleration. Rather, toleration is just that someone won't kill another person for their beliefs. People are obliged to be tolerant to others, but no one is obliged to show respect to anyone, as respect is earned and not given like toleration. I just wish people would get those two right.
Well said; however, I disagree on being obliged to be tolerant, as there are some things, both on a personal level and in general, that cannot and should not be tolerated.

Quote:
The Holiday Season-
Just call me Ebenezer Scrooge. Bah humbug.
You're not alone there, dude.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:41 AM   #865
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Well said; however, I disagree on being obliged to be tolerant, as there are some things, both on a personal level and in general, that cannot and should not be tolerated.
I understand what you mean. However, the thing is that if we go to what should be tolerated on a "personal" level, as that creates a really sticky situation. There are a lot of things of differing religions/political beliefs that others won't tolerate on a personal basis. At the same time, this personal basis, however, should not be allowed to affect the societal basis, because it crosses too many lines. You're more than right to have your personal intolerances, but no one should expect their personal intolerances to be picked on completely by society as a whole.

The big exception here is, of course, criminal activity, which can't be shown toleration since it itself displays a form of intolerance, as well as harm to society.

Quote:
You're not alone there, dude.
Well, to a degree, I was being a little overly dramatic. I have to admit I like it when we get to the actual celebration part. It's the preparation step that kills me.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:27 AM   #866
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

People who don't understand that when I agree with them, this means I'm not arguing with them.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #867
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
LOL i know what you mean. I got chewed up on another forum because i said i didn't respect xyz, and this holier-than-thou granola muncher said EVERYBODY deserves repect, and i said respect is earned not given and BTW i could beat the hell out of you on my worst day, and they cried and whined and because they had something like 7,000 posts (no lie) they caried weight and i got banned.

Lame forum
Old 12-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #868
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

People who don't listen to you. By that, I mean that their ears literally turn off whenever you are speaking. This includes when they ask you a question. Even if it's a Yes/No question, you will not be able to answer before the person who asked you walks away, interrupts, or begins talking to someone else. If you DO answer, the person will not hear you, not acknowledge, and not remember what you said. This is bad when that person is asking what you want to eat at a fast food restaurant. You simply must repeat things until they gt it, and HOPE that there was some listening involved somewhere.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:55 AM   #869
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

the fact that alot of my classes in school will never be useful to me. the only ones that might be useful are personal finance, math, science, and maybe latin, depending on what job i get.

on that note, the fact that, in the most basic form, we are studying all year to a test, a test that is just another grade. yeah, 20% of my grade, but still a grade.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:46 PM   #870
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Working in retail during the Christmas shopping season.

I had to run a register for all eight hours today, as well as yesterday. Even with five other cashiers up there, I was being bombarded from all sides. I'd be checking one customer out, and a second one will come up from the side and ask for me to page someone to help them in another department, a third will come up from another side and ask where the restroom is, and a fourth will be calling at me to do something from many yards away. I've been talking so much non-stop the last two days, my throat is feeling dry and my voice hoarse. Yesterday I worked with Miss Twit, and as she has no sense of responsibility, she was no help at all and as there's only so much I can do without cooperation from my team, I got so overwhelmed and stressed out, I almost had a panic attack. I started shaking and I could feel my blood pressure rising, and I felt like I was about to cry. Dang, I hate working with that girl! Anyway, as long as every available cashier was at their register, every now and then we usually get a few precious seconds where no one is in our line and we can take a few deep breaths or a swig of water from our water bottles. What irritates me is when I'm trying to catch my breath and get my voice back, some customer, jokingly or not, comes up and says something like "Looks like you need something to do". Today I got that twice, even though I'm losing my voice and still stressed out to the max. Outwardly I usually play along, smile and say something like "Always", when inside I'm like "Uhhh....NO! I'm trying to catch my breath! I almost had a mental breakdown yesterday because I couldn't catch my breath!! So shut up!" And trust me, that's harsh coming from me. But some people insist on getting on my last nerve. It's hard enough keeping these thoughts "innies" and not "outies".

It's a good thing I sang for the Christmas program last weekend, because if it were this weekend, there ain't no way I'd be able to sing now.

On the bright side, I have the next four days in a row to recuperate. How ever did I manage THAT?
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote