Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:08 AM   #831
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
I personally don't believe in Global Warming, either. I respect opposing views of my own, as long as one doesn't try to choke me for not believing it. I'm going to stop there.
But I DO believe in Manbearpig! After Imagination Nation on South Park, it was impossible for me not to believe. Sorry I just couldn't resist.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #832
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
But I DO believe in Manbearpig! After Imagination Nation on South Park, it was impossible for me not to believe. Sorry I just couldn't resist.
LOL

Imaginaaaaaaation!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #833
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Today severely increased my annoyance with customers.

Get this: it was raining today while I was working, so the carts would, of course, be wet when we'd bring them back in. The kicker is, and I'm not kidding, at least three customers, in a row, asked first off (1) why the carts were wet when they themselves had just come out of the rain and (2) why we didn't keep a separate set of carts to bring out especially for times where it rains, so they wouldn't be using wet carts.

I'm uncertain if stupidity goes hand in hand with consumption, or what.

Also, Adam Carolla, or however his name is spelled; I love the work the man does, but the man himself pisses me off. Same with Andrew Llyod Weber.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #834
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
Vending Machines -
The prices on vending machines where I live are going up. That is nonsense. I demand they stay the same.
What I dislike most about the world of vending machines are the ones which happily comsume your money and then deny that you ever gave them any. It happened to me today. It's a pretty aggravating feeling, knowing that you've just been swindled by a dumb machine.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #835
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Other forums

You really never know how good something is until you go out and find another thing and discover everyone else who uses it are assholes. I've been into reading Sonic the hedgehog comics published by Archie since 1993 and I FINALLY found a forum where I could talk to others about the comic.

I've been there 2 days and every thread I have started (except one) has been closed down, yelled at, and greeted with smart mouthed sarcastic remarks and aggravating hostility. Nothing I do pleases anyone over there and it makes me so mad to see how other forums just treat you like dog crap they wipe off their shoe.

I have only been heavily involved in 4 forums of my life, this one, an anime one, a Teen titans one, and this Sonic ones and Foster's is the only forum that has been this nice and supportive of a new member. The anime one didn't end badly, it just got shut down and revamped so no heartache there.

But towards the end of my stay at the Titans one, people become obnoxious and down right rude with such strict rules it drove me nuts and its seriously looking like this Sonic one will follow the same path which sucks because I have been waiting FOREVER to find a decent Sonic comic board I can talk on.

Why other forums can't act like this forum and have the basic forms of common DECENCY and respect to new members trying to become participative and productive members instead of just giving them lip and closing down threads they try to create that are "overdone". Now THAT really ticks me off.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #836
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

ugh, i know what you mean.

i was on another forum and i said we had no choice but to invade Vietnam due to what we had invested in it (particularly in the French effort), and i got lambasted. I told them where they could stick their political correctness and left. Losers

ETA: the funny thing is i even said i 100% completely disagreed with the war and with the causes of it, but it was an inevitability. Still they attacked me.

Last edited by Partymember; 12-10-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Partymember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #837
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
I have only been heavily involved in 4 forums of my life, this one, an anime one, a Teen titans one, and this Sonic ones and Foster's is the only forum that has been this nice and supportive of a new member. The anime one didn't end badly, it just got shut down and revamped so no heartache there.

Why other forums can't act like this forum and have the basic forms of common DECENCY and respect to new members trying to become participative and productive members instead of just giving them lip and closing down threads they try to create that are "overdone". Now THAT really ticks me off.
I dunno, we can be pretty harsh on new members, when they show up and start posting without reading rules. It might sound like a no-brainer (as in "well duh, its their fault for not reading the rules first") but I have been bagged on big time by some new members in private for running such a "mean" forum, with such strict rules. *shrug* A place like this, that actually has some structure, isn't for everyone.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #838
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I dunno, we can be pretty harsh on new members, when they show up and start posting without reading rules. It might sound like a no-brainer (as in "well duh, its their fault for not reading the rules first") but I have been bagged on big time by some new members in private for running such a "mean" forum, with such strict rules. *shrug* A place like this, that actually has some structure, isn't for everyone.
Actually that's the funny thing, I made pretty LONG elborate posts and they still gave me crap. I tried to be involved as possible but they really just don;t give me a break. Least you guys are more tolerant in how you talk to your members.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #839
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

its because we love you Mr. M
Old 12-10-2007, 05:12 PM   #840
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Actually that's the funny thing, I made pretty LONG elborate posts and they still gave me crap. I tried to be involved as possible but they really just don;t give me a break. Least you guys are more tolerant in how you talk to your members.
Good company breeds good manners. I watched one board go from being a very friendly and mature place for anyone to come talk about their favorite series only to see more and more jerks swarm in and turn it into a battle ground.
Most of us members who missed the friendly environment of the early days of the board migrated to other boards only to have the same thing happen. Fortunately we've finally settled down in a permanent home and have been thriving ever since.
It does seem like you have to suffer through a few hostile places before you find gems like Never Forgotten.