Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #811
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Did anyone else notice that in the pilot episode, Wilt was a LOT "looser" and sort of "cut up" a lot more, like his impersonation of Groucho Marx in the conversation with Coco, and telling the snobbish family that they didn't want Bloo because he was...and I quote, "A stinky, STINKY man...PEEE-EEWWWWW!" He says that latter just as seriously as can be, too, even though it's not really true! The only other two times I've seen him really show that sorta goofy, silly side was in "Partying Is Such Sweet Soiree", in the dance sequences, and of course most strongly in "Make Believe It Or Not", when he actually goes so far as to develope, and get totally into, a whole new "dark" persona. Most of the time, though, Wilt is pretty serious, not as stick-in-the-mud serious as Mr. Herriman, but Wilt definately represses his "inner child" to the point of "inner child abuse". His humor tends to be quite "dry" and a bit on the sarcastic side, as shown in "Eddie Monster", when he commented on the Imaginary Friends of teenage boys. I guess that a lot of that self-repression is due to his emotional state, fearing that in attempting to be funny, he might say something that would offend or hurt someone's feelings. I read some comments and reviews on other sites in which some people described Wilt as "shy", which really is NOT the case at all. He's very much a "people person", who has no trouble introducing himself to new people at all. It was just so interesting in the movie to see him open up to these total strangers in ways he's never done with old friends at Foster's, and to reveal just how articulate he really is, even though in most episodes, he limits what he says to just a few brief lines. I guess at that point, though, Wilt realized that his hour of "High Noon" was finally upon him, and he had nothing left to gain by holding back, so he might as well open up and tell all to these people he knew he'd never see again.

pitbulllady
Well, we don't know if he had even "opened up" to a few of his friends, since no one ever seemed to ask about his past, and Wilt never seemed to actually hint to his past.

Who knows? Maybe someone in the house knew all along, one who Wilt would trust most, and didn't tell those other people till now.

And for Bloo's ramble about getting to the 'hood, he might have been "adding things" of what he thinks happened. You know Bloo and his imagination. XD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #812
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Well, we don't know if he had even "opened up" to a few of his friends, since no one ever seemed to ask about his past, and Wilt never seemed to actually hint to his past.

Who knows? Maybe someone in the house knew all along, one who Wilt would trust most, and didn't tell those other people till now.

And for Bloo's ramble about getting to the 'hood, he might have been "adding things" of what he thinks happened. You know Bloo and his imagination. XD
If Wilt ever DID tell anyone at the house, it obviously was NOT one of the main characters, and I've never seen him hanging around with anyone else. You would think that out of the entire household, he would surely confide best in Eduardo, Coco, and Frankie, and probably Madame Foster, but every one of them was as in the dark as can be about why Wilt disappeared, or who his creator was. Frankie even says so herself in the movie, that even though Wilt has been there at Foster's for as long as she can remember, even she knew nothing of his past. Madame Foster was equally perplexed as to why he left, and certainly the news would have gotten out quickly at the house that Wilt was gone(I'm sure Bloo wasted no time telling everyone). If there was someone there who knew of Wilt's past, knew who had created him, and therefore had some notion of why he'd left, that individual would have realized what Wilt was up to and come forth and said something. If he/she were that good a friend and confidant to Wilt, he/she would have realized that Wilt's life was very possibly in danger at this point, and broken that silence to let everyone else know where Wilt was heading. Unless there was someone in the past at the house whom Wilt really trusted, and was even closer to than he is to Ed, Coco, Bloo, Mac and Frankie, and that individual has been adopted and no longer lives there, it seems very unlikely that Wilt ever told anyone at all.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:26 AM   #813
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

I've just came with a theory as to why he didn't tell anyone at Foster's but he told these completely random strangers about his past. See, people at Foster's REALLY care about (as we've seen) however these strangers don't know him at all, so they wouldn't get as worried about him, or ask too many questions or make THAT much of a fuss. However, his friends at Foster's would ask as many questions as they could, and they would ask why he didn't tell them sooner and make a HUGE fuss, and from what we have seen Wilt doesn't REALLY like being the centre of attention.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:25 AM   #814
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
I've just came with a theory as to why he didn't tell anyone at Foster's but he told these completely random strangers about his past. See, people at Foster's REALLY care about (as we've seen) however these strangers don't know him at all, so they wouldn't get as worried about him, or ask too many questions or make THAT much of a fuss. However, his friends at Foster's would ask as many questions as they could, and they would ask why he didn't tell them sooner and make a HUGE fuss, and from what we have seen Wilt doesn't REALLY like being the centre of attention.
Good point, Vampyre.

Or maybe he was just rambling as he did something, not even knowing he was even talking about it.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:50 AM   #815
Vampyre
Smart Aleck

Yeah that's pretty likely too... LOL, it kinda makes Wilt like one of the old ladies you sit next to on the bus and they just start randomly talking to you about the weather, or their hip replacement or their late husband XD

Last edited by Vampyre; 02-11-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #816
Vampyre
Smart Aleck

... Seeing as this thread is about to die, I think we should chage the subject before it just kinda pos it's clogs all together.

I'm curious as to how long it will be before Wilt is finally adopted (and not used as a flag pole. Bless). As he said in GWH, there's a kid out there waiting for him, and he'll find them eventually (although i still believe that his ideal kid is twenty two years old XD). Alot of his fans beleive that the reason he hasn't been adopted because of his... um... imperfections, which is probably true, but if so many of his fans (me included) would wnat nothing more than to take him home with them, then why is it the Foster's Universe does not?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #817
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
... Seeing as this thread is about to die, I think we should chage the subject before it just kinda pos it's clogs all together.

I'm curious as to how long it will be before Wilt is finally adopted (and not used as a flag pole. Bless). As he said in GWH, there's a kid out there waiting for him, and he'll find them eventually (although i still believe that his ideal kid is twenty two years old XD). Alot of his fans beleive that the reason he hasn't been adopted because of his... um... imperfections, which is probably true, but if so many of his fans (me included) would wnat nothing more than to take him home with them, then why is it the Foster's Universe does not?
Someone asked this question on the Toon Zone CN forum, I believe it was. Lauren Faust answered that the main IF characters probably would NOT be adopted, at least not while the show in still in production. After all, each of them-Coco, Wilt, and Eduardo-have some very devoted fans who would be really disappointed if their favorites were no longer part of the show. I actually worried, prior to Good Wilt Hunting, that Wilt would go live with his creator and not be part of the Foster's cast any longer. I know it is horribly selfish on my part, especially considering what Wilt considers his destiny(to eventually be adopted by a child who really needs him), but I can't help it. In the Foster's Universe, most kids are like kids here-they cannot see past Wilt's "brokenness". To them he's messed-up and imperfect, and nothing else. Most of us, of course, are older than the typical kid who would be looking to adopt an Imaginary Friend, so we are able to realize that Wilt's injuries make him BETTER, not broken.

pitbulllady
Old 02-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #818
Vampyre
Smart Aleck

You've got to love the guys determination have you not? Although I would be terribly unhappy if Wilt WAS adopted off (which I highly doubt he will be, because without Wilt, I'm guessing a lot of the fans will be put off and the show would eventually be cancelled all together due to lack of viewers) I think its a terrible shame that so many children can be so cruel, just because of ones appearence. Wilt is possibley one of the most loveable friends at the house, and alot of the kids who walk through the front door, just DO NOT see that. I think it's such a shame, seeing as Wilt wants nothing more than to make some special kid happy, but nobodies giving him that chance. Thinking about it actually... I think it's even more of a shame that Wilt beleives thats his only purpose; to make OTHER people happy.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:26 PM   #819
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
You've got to love the guys determination have you not? Although I would be terribly unhappy if Wilt WAS adopted off (which I highly doubt he will be, because without Wilt, I'm guessing a lot of the fans will be put off and the show would eventually be cancelled all together due to lack of viewers) I think its a terrible shame that so many children can be so cruel, just because of ones appearence. Wilt is possibley one of the most loveable friends at the house, and alot of the kids who walk through the front door, just DO NOT see that. I think it's such a shame, seeing as Wilt wants nothing more than to make some special kid happy, but nobodies giving him that chance. Thinking about it actually... I think it's even more of a shame that Wilt beleives thats his only purpose; to make OTHER people happy.

Wilt never said that his ONLY purpose was to make others happy, but he DID say that his MAIN purpose was to HELP some child who really needed his help. Sometimes helping someone might not make them so happy at first; it's like when your parents won't let you do something that you really want to do, because THEY know it's not in your best interest. You don't realize how much that helped you until you're much older. One of the things that Wilt needs to consider is that there are ways that he can help MANY children, without leaving Foster's. Perhaps at some point he will realize that his thinking might have been too narrow, and that he can make a difference for more than one child by staying where he is. Wilt, like most of the fans, and most of the residents of Foster's, is thinking in terms of HIM being adopted, but what of the many children who have no families? He's got a good voice and a commanding presence when he wants to, so he could do a public service announcement to call attention to this. He can volunteer to coach at-risk kids in basketball. He just needs to "think outside the box" a bit, and I believe he is capable of doing so.

pitbulllady
Old 02-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #820
Vampyre
Smart Aleck

I agree, he really DOES need to think outside the box, seeing as he IS capable of a lot of things. Mechanics, Cleaning, Acting, Dancing, Plumbing, Hair Dressing, Decorating... and something else that starts with a B... but I just can't remember what it is.... Oh yeah! Basket ball!... He can do a darn sight more than a lot of the friends at Foster's THATS for sure.