Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:26 PM   #801
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Charlie's Angels, the "new" one from, when was it? 2000, I think. I just love the part at the beginning when the girls are at a party and some guy is about to ask Lucy something, and she doesn't even let him finish. She just keeps saying "No... Nah..! NO!" And a moment later he aproaches someone else and just asks what time it is. LOL!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:33 AM   #802
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

i saw Ratatouille today and it was very good. Not mind-bending, but very good nontheless.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #803
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

I saw Ratatouille today and it was horrible. Just kidding, it was awesome. I don't know what it is about Pixar, but seeing their movies leaves you with this cinematically-induced high that lingers for a long while afterward. They just make you feel happy. You can't see that amazing, refreshingly organic animation and not feel good about yourself and the world. And you can't look at Linguini's unfortunately arranged facial features and not feel even better about yourself, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

Also, I used to have pet rats so the movie was especially meaningful to me. I mean they weren't cartoon rats and they didn't have the voice of the creepy nerd from "The King of Queens" but they were still rats, so it touched that part of me.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #804
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Transformers, this movie is definitely less than meets the eye. While visually stunning, and Shia LaBeouf shows real promise, the story lacks any real weight, both factions of robots were marginalized, and all the money shots were in the trailers.

I hate to do this, because I always recognize the hard work and talent that goes into a movie, but I'm giving this thumbs down. Though fun, I can't recommend this movie to anyone. However, I do plan to review this movie again at a later date when it hits the cheap theatres. I'm reminded that I didn't love Batman Begins until the second go round. But I think my current rating will still stand.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:52 PM   #805
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
Transformers, this movie is definitely less than meets the eye. While visually stunning, and Shia LaBeouf shows real promise, the story lacks any real weight, both factions of robots were marginalized, and all the money shots were in the trailers.

I hate to do this, because I always recognize the hard work and talent that goes into a movie, but I'm giving this thumbs down. Though fun, I can't recommend this movie to anyone. However, I do plan to review this movie again at a later date when it hits the cheap theatres. I'm reminded that I didn't love Batman Begins until the second go round. But I think my current rating will still stand.
You're not alone in your opinion. Of course I haven't seen it and don't plan to so I can't judge, but still.

Has anyone else seen those promotional posters for the "Alvin and the Chipmunks" movie and do any of those people find them deeply disturbing? I don't get Hollywood's perverse fascination with taking the public's childhoods, dragging them into a dark alley, and bludgeoning them to death. I also don't get why the chipmunks are so gangsta.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:09 PM   #806
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post

Has anyone else seen those promotional posters for the "Alvin and the Chipmunks" movie and do any of those people find them deeply disturbing? I don't get Hollywood's perverse fascination with taking the public's childhoods, dragging them into a dark alley, and bludgeoning them to death. I also don't get why the chipmunks are so gangsta.
Yes very disturbing, and why does Jason Lee want to throw away all the good will he's built up with me, thanks in part to his work in My Name is Earl and The Incredibles, by starring in these childhood crushing films like the example above and the upcoming live action Underdog film?

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #807
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Yes very disturbing, and why does Jason Lee want to throw away all the good will he's built up with me, thanks in part to his work in My Name is Earl and The Incredibles, by starring in these childhood crushing films like the example above and the upcoming live action Underdog film?
The sad fact is money is the whole issue. Jason Lee as great a guy he is, still wants to make a living and will agree to work on projects even if he doesn't know they will ultimately end up as turds in the long run. Chipmunks like Garfield is simply a means to make more cash by using a familiar franchise.

Not all shows get the kick ass treatment Transformers did, and I'm happy with its progress and aside from a relatively small sized portion of people I've spoken to/read about, everyone else agrees it ruled. Chipmunks will probably suck even though I haven't seen anything about it, Underdog WILL suck.

That I assure you, the fact the dog looks nothing like the toon is the first and last nail into this movie's coffin. Bay took his time to try and tried to please the insufferable and uncompromising world of fans with Transformers, where as Chipmunks and Underdog are simply using them as dollar bill symbols.

They don't recognize the childhood value and attachment people held with those shows. Even not being a big Transformers fan, I know enough to know that Bay did a great job tying the history in. I also hope people follow Bay's advice and learn fast that it is IMPOSSIBLE to please fans 100 percent.

It just cannot be done and it's foolish to try because you cannot please everyone, no matter how good your movie is.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:49 AM   #808
Owennoreen
Settling In
Take a lemon and squeeze it in your eyes!  

Woop Well I just saw Bridge to Terabithia, It was a good movie but it was a little sad
Spoiler Below
This boy named Jess made a new friend called Lezlie and they found a new world called Terabithia and one day when Lezlie was going to terabithia she was riding on this swing and it snapped and she fell and drowned it was a little sad!
I love horror anything horror! Hey remember when you'd wake up and i'd say how you doing? And you'll say what??! And again i'll say how you doing?But this time I'd scream in your ear so loud you fall over unconscious!?Good times man good times! You better stay out of this little girl's way!

Last edited by taranchula; 07-09-2007 at 04:46 AM.
Owennoreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #809
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

I thought this was a very cool horror/drama movie. I honestly felt this was the most realistic portrayal of an exorcism as you can get, this all felt very real and very creepy. Plus it mixed in some court room drama and being a Law and Order buff, it was fun to see how the world of spirits would mix into there.

Most people I talk to disliked this movie and while it obviously wasn't any where near as scary as the Exorcist original movie we all know, I still found this to be a very cool and very "educational" experience when it comes to exorcisms.

EDIT

Btw Owen, you might want to put spoiler tags around stuff that might be considered SPOILING for movies like that. I never really intended to see Terabithia but still.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 07-08-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:28 PM   #810
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Braveheart

Again, I like historical films. And this is probably one of my favorites, despite all the gruesome battle scenes. I always enjoy it.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote