Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:05 AM   #791
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Thanks for the review, Mr.M! I've been waiting for honest reviews from friends and now I can't wait to see it.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #792
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

In Da theater: Ratatouille

Once again Brad Bird and Disney/Pixar have struck cinematic gold in putting together a movie that is smart, witty and heartfelt with realistically written characters, superb acting (Peter O'Toole and Janeane Garofalo in particular stood out in my mind as testaments to the superbness.), an awesome musical score (Some of Michael Giacchino's best work to date.) and a story that works on so many levels. So yeah what's there more to say other then, If you haven't seen this picture yet....Go see it ASAP!

In Da Home: Transformers: The Movie

No not the Transformers movie that just came out the other day, because watching it in the home at this point in time would be piracy and that would be wrong...no I am of course talking about the animated flick that came out in 1986 whose sole purpose was to kill off/get rid of the previous generation of Transformers characters in order to bring in a bunch of new characters and thus a new line of toys is born.

Other then that, I still think it was a good little movie it was great to see Optimus Prime and Megatron throw down in a literal battle to the death and Unicron has always been one of my favorite villains. I mean come on, he's a living planet that turns into a giant demonic robot what's not to like?

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:28 PM   #793
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
I mean come on, he's a living planet that turns into a giant demonic robot what's not to like?
And voiced by Orson Wells no less. The nostalgia, music, imagery and dark tone certainly make the 86 Transformers movie a visceral experience.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #794
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Er... I just watched the first half of Titanic. I'm a huge movie buff, and my favorite movies are always changing. However, one thing is for sure- Titanic will always be my all-time favorite movie.

I was five when it first came out, and my mom (who wouldn't let me watch a PG-13 movie until the day I turned 13 and still is iffy sometimes) took me to see it because she didn't have a babysitter.

Maybe it's my favorite because it was the first large-scale, non-Disney cartoon movie I had ever seen. That is, unless you count Jerry McGuire when I was 4, but that was because my Grandma was on babysitting duty and wanted to see it. So my eyes and ears were apparently covered the whole time, and to this day I have no clue what Jerry McGuire is about, but I've been told that there wasn't all that much for my grandmother and my (extremely angry) mother to be worried about.

I love period movies. And Leonardo DiCaprio (if you look past his utter hotness) was great, as was Kate Winslet (who is one of my favorite actresses).

When I was little, I used to watch the second tape over and over again because I wanted to see the ship sink over and over again. Now I start crying...

I was looking through boxes of VHS tapes a few months ago, and we have three VHS tapes of Titanic and my special edition 3 disc DVD.

I love it.

-Marty
Old 07-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #795
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle

Didn't watch the whole movie, though. I started watching when Fearless Leader (Robert DeNiro) was just starting to set up RBTV.

But the reason I watched it was because of Keith Scott. He's an Australian born voice actor who voiced Bullwinkle, the narrator and the cartoon Boris and Fearless Leader. He's truly one gifted guy!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:29 PM   #796
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

clerks.

i dont think ill ever be the same after wacthing that. and im not sure if thats a good or bad thing.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #797
TraverseTown
Settling In

Available Now for only 79 easy payments of $4.99!  

The New Fantastic Four movie at the Drive In...good acting.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #798
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

War of the Worlds (remake)

Never saw the original and to be honest, don't really care to. This was an awesome movie and a hell of a creepy way to look at aliens exterminating humans. That whole vaporizationg thing...always creeps me out.

This was a very depressing movie but I still really enjoyed it and I'm VERY glad Spielberg decided to do a "mean alien" movie. I always think it helps a director/artist to try out new things from time to time.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #799
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I'm VERY glad Spielberg decided to do a "mean alien" movie. I always think it helps a director/artist to try out new things from time to time.
You said it. I watched the final battle scene from Saving Private Ryan a couple of months ago on cable TV. This was a new step for him, especially since that many people would know him for films that are usually his trademark, like ET and Indiana Jones.

It was a very graphic scene, BTW.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #800
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
War of the Worlds (remake)

Never saw the original and to be honest, don't really care to. This was an awesome movie and a hell of a creepy way to look at aliens exterminating humans. That whole vaporizationg thing...always creeps me out.

This was a very depressing movie but I still really enjoyed it and I'm VERY glad Spielberg decided to do a "mean alien" movie. I always think it helps a director/artist to try out new things from time to time.
I've seen both. Spielberg's version was the better of the two, overall, but both versions were excellent in my opinion. Neither was quite the same story as the one in H. G. Wells's book but I think Spielberg's version was a little closer. I saw it on the big screen when it was released; that was a hell of a good time.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote