Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 11-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #71
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

I was a cenobite from the Hellraiser movies! I didn't get a full pic of my costume, but I can describe it. It was a long black form-fitting shiny vinyl dress with matching arm-warmer things that I wrapped tightly with silver wire. I wrapped the same wire around my waist.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...teandEthan.jpg Here's my friend Cool Ethan and I.

And yes, I used real fish hooks I didn't want to go as the Female cenobite, so I made up my own and said I was the Chatterer's girlfriend

I eventually added more fish hooks, and I got pictures of it, but I've yet to upload those.

I tried to win a costume contest, but some girl in one of those store-bought "sexy version of..." Dorthy costumes won instead. I was irritated, expecially since I spent so long on my dress... at least a month and a half. They went by applause instead of costume quality, and the girl brought all her friends, so she won. I didn't have anyone there that I knew, so I got the "Drink Coke, play again" applause. Not everyone even knew what Hellraiser was.

The most rewarding part of the evening, though, was whenever several 30-40 year-old guys recognised what I was supposed to be and really liked my costume. These guys had actually watched and liked the gore-fest Hellraiser movies, so I knew they were a pretty good reference.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #72
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

You know, I've yet to see any of the Hellraiser movies. I lose at life.

I seriously think that storebought costumes, unless seriously altered/embellished, should simply not be allowed in costume contests. I'm sure you all agree.

Okay here's the photos of me and my bro. We didn't have a third person to take a pic of us together unfortunately. I do not know why my wig came out so blue here - it IS purple. I actually played with the red and blue in Paintshop and it still looks blue. Just imagine it purple. And it's hard to see, but there's a GameSlave 3 logo on my Gameboy.

Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:29 PM   #73
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

It doesn't look so blue from what I'm seeing. Great images, chief.

I also agree that unaltered store-bought costumes should be prohibited from costume contests.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+

Last edited by One Radical Dude; 11-01-2006 at 11:31 PM.
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:39 AM   #74
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
LOL "hours". I spent a month on mine/my brother's costumes. I take this Halloween thing very seriously.
Heh, maybe I should have been more clear It actually took me months to make my cotume, but it's not like I worked 24/7. So, I just wrote "hours", since it's not like all I did was sit in my room working for 3 months straight lol
Old 11-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #75
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
You know, I've yet to see any of the Hellraiser movies. I lose at life.

I seriously think that storebought costumes, unless seriously altered/embellished, should simply not be allowed in costume contests. I'm sure you all agree.

Okay here's the photos of me and my bro. We didn't have a third person to take a pic of us together unfortunately. I do not know why my wig came out so blue here - it IS purple. I actually played with the red and blue in Paintshop and it still looks blue. Just imagine it purple. And it's hard to see, but there's a GameSlave 3 logo on my Gameboy.

You know, I always wondered what you looked like. And now I know!

So, how can I upload the pictures of me in the ice princess costume? You know how to do it.
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:22 PM   #76
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Looks purple to me. Awesome costumes.... even though I haven't watched much IZ, I immediately recognized you. Yay! *is cultured*
Old 11-02-2006, 02:00 PM   #77
CCMars
Settling In
The Quiet-Yet-Outspoken Friend  

Send a message via AIM to CCMars Send a message via MSN to CCMars Send a message via Yahoo to CCMars

Sadly, I never got to make the pimp costume. I didn't really do anything on Halloween; just picked up Final Fantasy XII, cleaned a bit, handed out candy and helped a friend carve her pumpkin.
Website | LJ | DeviantArt
CCMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:13 PM   #78
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

AH, Sparky, I'm in love with you guys' costumes!

The GameSlave was a great touch. And your wig SO looks purple

(lovely)

And yes, I agree... store-bought costumes should NOT be allowed.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #79
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

Uh, my mom doesn't know how to upload the pictures to the internet, so I may need help knowing how to do this, okay, so please help me, if that's okay, okay??
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #80
Amritama
Newly Abandoned

Send a message via AIM to Amritama

Sparky, those costumes are awesome! Those just totally made my day. =D

Well, Halloween was... exhausting. I had classes till seven and wasn't even in the mood to do anything but lay on the couch. Sadly, a few trick-or-treaters did come, and I really did end up giving them candy I had from last year. Gosh, I hope they won't get sick from it...

On the bright side, this one kid dressed up as a skeleton did scare me. It reminded me of all the bones I had to memorize earlier in the semester. D:

Last edited by Amritama; 11-03-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Amritama is offline   Reply With Quote