Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #71
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Well, here I am... in Irving, Texas, stranded at the local Super 8 for the night. Seems that my connecting flight from Dallas could not be bothered to wait. Ah, well, the adventure continues. At present I'm guessing that I'll be home around 1:00 PM Eastern time, barring weather delays.

Nice room here; bigger than the one I had in San Diego. Also has a complementary roach. My life is so weird. Anyway, I'll obviously have a lot to write about tommorrow but since my power cable is in my suitcase at the airport I won't be doing much tonight, just going over the day's posts and then out to find food. Horrible heat and humidity here but I'll manage.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #72
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Another roach? I think they like you. And they tell their friends about you. So all across the country, roaches pop out to say "Hi" whenever Cassini is around.

It would be nice if I shared some more info about my actual day, huh? Well, after I logged off here, I packed my computer and went to check out. No problems there. I didn't owe a single cent. I love Travelocity! I waited for the airport shuttle in front of the hotel for only about five minutes. The driver was very pleasant, and I was the only rider during that run so he was very friendly with me. I gave him a hefty tip when he dropped me off. I arrived about three hours before my flight left, so I read one of the books I had brought, got droopy eyed, and ended up dozing off in the airport chair. The first flight was a 25 minute one to LA, where I had an hour lay over before continuing to Seattle. The short flight was in probably the smallest plane I've ever flown in, it was fun! The flight from LA to Seattle wasn't as long as the flight down on Saturday, we must have had a tail wind. The plane was packed to the max though, so it wasn't the most comfortable flight. A lot of kids were on board too, including a few young ones who liked throwing fits. And they did two or three times while in the air. There was also an entire Japanese family flying, including grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. Big group. One of the ladies sitting right behind me didn't speak English, and was actually using her cell phone during much of the flight. The attendants had to tell her two or three times to please turn it off. There was another young family from somewhere in Africa and it appeared they were in traditional garb, they were beautiful! Other than the cramped quarters and the kids screaming now and then, it wasn't a bad flight. We arrived about 10 minutes early (yeah, we had to have had a tail wind), and I called my dad to tell him I had arrived so he could meet me at the baggage claim without having to park. And... yeah, that was pretty much it.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #73
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I'm happy to know that you've made it safely. Not so glad to hear about the heat and really poor air quality. Tomorrow, I go back to AR and I have really good rain chances. It could make things ugly.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #74
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Here's to a safe (and quick) flight out, Ord.

I uploaded my pics to Facebook. Here they are for anyone who'd like to take a look. About half of them are of the trip to and from SD though. I was there the smallest amount of time though, so my collection will probably be the smallest compared to the other collections.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:10 AM   #75
PeterFoster111
Banned
Smiling, but EVIL.  

Send a message via MSN to PeterFoster111

Enjoy your trip to the con! Just one question, is there something about fosters at the con? If there is, make sure you have a video camera and take a video of that something about fosters if there is. Good Luck
PeterFoster111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #76
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Thank you, but the Con's over now. It was last week. People are on their way back home now. If you read the latest few posts, it should have been pretty obvious that it's over now.

And no, there wasn't anything related to Foster's there this year, other than the show's creator Craig McCracken and his wife Lauren, who also did a lot of work on the show. It's always nice to hear from them whether or not there's anything going on with Foster's.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #77
PeterFoster111
Banned
Smiling, but EVIL.  

Send a message via MSN to PeterFoster111
Exclamation

I diden't know Lauren was Craig's wife!

Last edited by PeterFoster111; 07-28-2009 at 08:23 AM.
PeterFoster111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #78
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I'm back home, running the air conditioner on high. The final part of the return trip was without incident; I even got a primo seat, just behind the first class section. The unplanned stay at the Super 8 in Irving was pleasant enough, albeit not under the best of circumstances. The storms that delayed everything fired up again shortly after I checked in and continued for another hour; heavy downpours, thunder and lightning, you know the type. After I checked in here I sent out for a large pizza, ate the whole thing (first food I'd had in about 18 hours), and went to bed. Not a bad hotel, not bad at all.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #79
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Cool

I'm on a plane to Houston now. More to come later.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #80
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Whew, another one made it home safely. Good to hear it, Cass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
The storms that delayed everything fired up again shortly after I checked in and continued for another hour; heavy downpours, thunder and lightning, you know the type.
This is one of the few times I do NOT like thunderstorms- when it threatens to delay flights and/or cause scary problems in the air. Now I await Ord's return as he's likely going to run into the same weather.