Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #71
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Anything that resembles the dreck on Disney Channel. I want Disney Channel circa 1999 before this "consumer lifestyle" crud.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:25 PM   #72
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfellow View Post
I liked Hell's Kitchen. It's reality TV that slaps you in the face. Highly competitive, even if Ramsey's a jerk.

Well, game review shows may not always be a consensus, but they can be hilarious. Take Xplay, for one. Life After God of War!

Ramsay's apparently more of a jerk than he seems on TV. He's been known to attack people, to sneak food in vegetarian dishes, and other things.

On the bright side, I've eaten in his New York restaurant twice. He wasn't there at the time, but the food was... well, wow.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:17 AM   #73
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
Everything. Sorry, Vin but I hate everything anime. Plus the theme song is gay. (Not as gay as Pokemon's but still pretty horrible)

Anything on Adult Swim besides Futurama, Family Guy, ATHF & Robot Chicken is crap.
I know I'm late here, but even in the case of, for instance, Cowboy Bebop? Infinitely higher quality than Family Guy. Ditto other stuff like Ghost in the Shell and Samurai Champloo.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:23 AM   #74
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Yeh. I saw an episode of Samuri Champloo,,, and didn't even know what it was until AFTER I looked it up! . But, yeah. Better than Other shows I can name. Family Guy CAN be funny at times, but Robot Chicken is pretty awful IMHO. Nothing but parody after Parody... No original material. At least Family Guy gets a bit of newer stuff every now and then. I still like South Park better, but, even it's newer seasons aren't quite the same (No Chef, for example...)

ANYWAYS, I second on the "Disney" channel crap. IT's not even really Disney stuff. If it WERE really a Disney channel, it'd have things like Donald Duck and Chip and Dale still airing on it! Not HSM and that garbage! :@
Old 02-24-2008, 07:40 AM   #75
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Hannah Montana? High School Musical was brilliant, I admit that, but everything else from 12 noon to midnight (especially between 3 PM and 8 PM ET/PT) is totally pablium puking.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #76
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman414 View Post
I know I'm late here, but even in the case of, for instance, Cowboy Bebop? Infinitely higher quality than Family Guy. Ditto other stuff like Ghost in the Shell and Samurai Champloo.
Not IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
Yeh. I saw an episode of Samuri Champloo,,, and didn't even know what it was until AFTER I looked it up! . But, yeah. Better than Other shows I can name. Family Guy CAN be funny at times, but Robot Chicken is pretty awful IMHO. Nothing but parody after Parody... No original material. At least Family Guy gets a bit of newer stuff every now and then. I still like South Park better, but, even it's newer seasons aren't quite the same (No Chef, for example...)
I actually like the newer episodes. Though no Chef makes me sad. Whatever happened to "Darth Chef"?

George of the Jungle is pretty crappy. Almost My Gym Partner's A Monkey bad which I've only laughed at once when it had a Predator reference.

Last edited by Invader Bloo; 02-29-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:26 AM   #77
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
I actually like the newer episodes. Though no Chef makes me sad. Whatever happened to "Darth Chef"?
I don't know. They might use that idea in the future, but, the REAL reason Chef left is because of disputes with his voice actor.

At least we still got Cartman. lol.

I don't like MGPAM at all. Too many butt jokes. eww.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #78
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
At least we still got Cartman. lol
Believe it or not, he's actually the reason why I don't watch the show. Well, there are others, but I really can't stand that character. He, along with the Crazy Frog, are the only two things in existence that make want to drive a screwdriver through my ear.

Concerning Isaac Hayes, yonks ago when I actually could watch South Park, I considered him to be the only really decent male voice actor that the show had to offer. He had just one part, but he did it well. ALL of the other male characters, meanwhile, are voiced by Matt and Trey, who don't exactly have a brilliant range, and I found that got mighty tiring after a while. Compare it to the Simpsons, in which the vast majority of male characters are voiced by either Dan Castellaneta, Hank Aazria or Harry Shearer, but the resulting range of voices is a heck of a lot more diverse. Admittedly, I'm one who reckons that anything post-Season Nine from the Simpsons' run deserves a place on this thread too.

Mr. Mackey was fairly cool, but otherwise South Park just isn't my cup of tea.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #79
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

George of the Jungle's show isn't that funny or great, but I wouldn't call it awful personally, for some reason I really love the character designs on the cast. It just seems to work well with them and I can't help but like the design. I strongly disagree with Robot Chicken but I can see why people might dislike it.

The show I find to be awful is that annoying "The Closer" show. I see too many annoying ads for it on TNT when I watch Law and Order and I don't know how Kyra Sedgewick got an award for that character because she seems annoying, stupid, poorly acted and it just feels like a tacky show with little real depth.

It just relies on one annoying "Hard ass" character who is hardly what I could call hard ass OR interesting. I also DESPISE that horrible "Out of Jimmy's head" show. The movie was bad enough with completely moronic ideas, a freaking green alien sister with cheap antenna and a astronaut mom and...god I feel stupider just talking about it.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #80
Mr_Bloo_Veins
At Home

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MIKE AND IKES FROM OUR VENDING MACHINES  

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Bloo_Veins Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Bloo_Veins

Any VH1 reality show that focuses around a former celebrity. Hogan Knows Best, for instance.

I admit certain reality shows have their moments, but most of them still annoy me to no end.

Oh yeah, and Lil' Bush. I decided to watch it last night and while I chuckled at a few lines, it was still flat out horrible. Why Lil' Bush? I mean, What about a Lil' Reagan or a Lil' Clinton?

I enjoy watching Family Guy, I'm not going to deny that, but I have friends that CONSTANTLY QUOTE THE SAME EPISODES OVER AND OVER and to be honest I'd probably be more into the show if it wasn't for them. I like watching the older episodes though. I don't know if it's actually gotten any worse or it's just me preferring old over new again, but I find them a lot funnier and there was a certain sitcom-ish charm the older episodes had that the new ones don't.

Last edited by Mr_Bloo_Veins; 03-14-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Mr_Bloo_Veins is offline   Reply With Quote