Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #71
Soupaflyyy
Newly Abandoned

Thumbs up

Aaaahhh! I saw this ep the other night when it first aired, and I'm still floored.

By the second act, I had come to accept that this just going to be a pretty mediocre episode. I mean, I liked the "My Guy" speech and Bloo acting out that two-person conversation with himself (though, surprisingly, I found Mac's version even funnier), I appreciated the cute play on the concept of infidelity, and words cannot even describe how hilariously adorable Princess Bloo is. But other than that stuff, I wasn't terribly impressed. The plot was looking to be not all that amazing, I didn't like that Barry kid even as an antagonist, and I was a wee bit disappointed that Wilt, Ed, and Coco didn't have prominent roles as I particularly like the episodes that have more of an ensemble feel.

I was also a little bothered by the references to past episodes. I know, I know, this isn't the first time a Foster's episode has referenced previous episodes, and usually I don't take issue with it at all. But this time, for some reason it felt blatant and, I dunno...forced. It was like "Hey, remember this? Remember that?" But then...but then, almost out of nowhere, they pull a "Remember...THIS !"

BAM! POW! It hit me so fast and so hard that I didn't see it coming 'til it came. Freakining brilliant how we were so cunningly deceived into expecting something tame before getting something INCREDIBLE. Sure, I guess there were clues along the way- the name "Barry" (which I did notice but simply chalked up to forgetful writers overlooking that other one-shot character) being the big one- but if you're anything like me, you only noticed them in retrospect.

One of my new favorite episodes! Awesome! Genius! Amazing! I loved it too much, and I want to watch it agaaaaaaaaain!
Soupaflyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #72
Digifreak642
Newly Abandoned
The freak is back!  

Thumbs up

I knew from the beginning that Barry was Berry...

Great episode!

But it will always be with us in our hearts...

Digifreak642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:44 PM   #73
The Huntsman
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifreak642 View Post
I knew from the beginning that Barry was Berry...
How, exactly? There have been other people who claimed to know right from the beginning, but I don?t see how that would be possible. Unless people read about it in advance, I don?t believe that was any real evidence in the beginning to prove that ?Barry? was Berry.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #74
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
How, exactly? There have been other people who claimed to know right from the beginning, but I don?t see how that would be possible. Unless people read about it in advance, I don?t believe that was any real evidence in the beginning to prove that ?Barry? was Berry.
Well... I sort of realized it as well. I don't think the writers would give such similar names to two different characters, and it's not the first time they've tried to fool the audience by dressing one of the characters up. Remember "I Only Have Surpise for You"? Also, "Barry" seemed to like Bloo from the very start, smiling and laughing
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #75
Wendi
sup B)

lol hay sir.  

^ LOL I'm a retarded and didn't give the name much thought. I just was like "omg lol another rich blonde kid."

I was kinda sad Barry wasn't real. I liked his hair and attitude. XD
Wendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #76
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

One of my family members is named Barry; he has no use for the show. Had "Barry" not turned out to be "Berry", I was going to tease him unmercifully.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #77
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

XD I think the episode might have had more impact on me if I hadn't gone to spoil myself by reading what was posted here and by checking through the screencaps. XDD

But still, it was a fantastic episode, and I absolutely LOVED the one person dialog that Bloo and Mac both did, it was hilarious! XD And it shows how well they know each other, right down to the corrections of the idioms XDD I don't know how long the voice actors took to pull that off without any mistakes. And Berry's line at the end. XDDD I cracked up SO HARD at the insane grin she pulled RIGHT after the long speech XDDDDDD

But ohh man, Bloo, that no good two-timing rotten times two-er! XDDD I love how most of the recent new eps focus on Mac and Bloo's friendship. I'm not complaining. There hasn't been enough of it throughout the ENTIRE series. I think Season 5 might possibly be the best out of all the seasons, just for the sheer hilarity and heart-warming-ness of most of the episodes released so far. I ish a happy Foster fangirl.

edit: lol I love how they just grabbed the entire credits list from Good Wilt Hunting and slapped it into this episode without editing it. *rolls eyes* I know because it listed "Socket Tubey's Creator" in the credits and the only mention of that was in GWH. Barry and Berry weren't under Grey DeLisle's credits at all.

Last edited by ptps; 09-19-2007 at 07:49 AM.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #78
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Excuse me while I squeal. *does so* =D=D=D

And y'know what? My little sister TOTAL called it. After the first act, Emily said, "It's probably Berry in disguise!" I went-a like, "Ehhhhhhh.....", then she was all, "THINK ABOUT IT." So I did. It made sense...Sorta...But I wasn't convinced. I truely didn't think they'd bring her back, and I didn't peg her as one good at acting. Besides, someone disguised as someone else? In Foster's? Come on! *brick'd by Madame Arty* Oh. Yeah.

Then, once Mac started stumbling through the mansion, and that music started playing...WHOO, something was up! As soon as I saw the Bloo stuff, IT WAS TRUTH. =O

I looked over at Em, and it still hadn't registered. "EM, DUDE. YOU WERE SO RIGHT." "...What?" "LOOOK." "=O" "=D" "=D"

ANYHOW, I cannot tell you how happy seeing Berry again made me. Awesome little villainess! =3
I dun really care if ya dun like 'er. Explain away your dislike, it doesn't matter. It would've been okay in the end no matter what, and it's fun to see obsession like hers. x3
Old 09-19-2007, 07:38 PM   #79
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptps View Post

edit: lol I love how they just grabbed the entire credits list from Good Wilt Hunting and slapped it into this episode without editing it. *rolls eyes* I know because it listed "Socket Tubey's Creator" in the credits and the only mention of that was in GWH. Barry and Berry weren't under Grey DeLisle's credits at all.
Yeah, CN's been doing that for every Foster's episode for a few months. I first noticed it this summer, I think sometime in July. I've been keeping my eye on it when I want to confirm who I think is doing a certain one-time character's voice, and it's been the "GWH" credits, which is useless for the newer episodes. It's frustrating and irritating at times. But yeah, I fount it pretty obvious too that Grey did the voice for Barry-with-an-A. Of course, we already know she does the voice for Berry-with-an-E.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #80
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Yes good episode. It was very pleasant to see Berry again (it's been too long) though I had guessed it was her straight away because of the name thing and the fact I'd noticed the Berry thread suddenly come alive. I take it she'd disguised herself as a real person because Duchess recognised him. Even got the rich person smell right. How long were those people kept like that? Ahhh never question the toon.

Speaking of Duchess, good to see her back again and poor old Mac back on the white stuff.

What a world!

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote