Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:28 PM   #71
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Cassini, you haven't seen the "Store Wars" Commentary yet? Oh, you will LOVE it!! It is sooo funny! It's like a whole other episode in itself. And Grey (Frankie) was great in it. As were Keith and Sean (you can REALLY hear the deepening of Sean's voice as he's talking in the commentary as compared to the episode itself, it's kind of funny). I found it fun just hearing their voices as if they're watching the episode the same time you are. And you'll learn a little more about each character. It was fun. I still really hope season 2 has a commentary, too.

As for how I think Frankie's popularity was in high-school, I think she was pretty popular. I can picture her telling her friends all the crazy things her grandma did and said, and them agreeing with her and standing up for her. I can't really picture her with glasses, but I can see her with braces and "frizzy" hair. But again, she's so sweet and optomistic, and realisticly has her limits, so I think she was fairly popular as a teen. I certainly don't think she was among the "outcasts", for sure.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #72
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I still haven't listened to that. Maybe sometime after the Con.
I haven't either, so you're not the only person on this board who hasn't or anything. I keep forgetting to, basically.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:16 AM   #73
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

You forget, I avoid. Same result in the end. I'll get to it when I have to.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:34 AM   #74
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

I've always wondered what Frankie would've done if she had led a more "normal" life. Would she be a traveler, would she be very far along on her career path? That sorta thing.

Oh, I wish I could explain this better. But for some reason my head's asleep.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 AM   #75
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

personally i think she would have moved to the Yukon territory to begin a life of fur trapping and gold panning.

Jeremiah Johnson style
Old 07-16-2007, 10:28 AM   #76
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
How do you guys think she was in school popularity wise?
I think she would have been in the middle ground. You know, not one of the cool or popular kids but still well liked and a good student. I also think that she may have had a small number of very good friends like Kathy. Frankie just strikes me as the kind of person who would only have one or two friends but they would be really close.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #77
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I think Frankie was middle, like you said. I don't think Frankie was a hugely popular person, though not a particuarly disliked person either. She seemed like the person who just made her way through school and tried to have a good time and grow as a person.

However, I would have to say she wasn't big with guys. I assume her choice of clothing is quite similar to how she is now and I don't think she started dressing as sexy and risque as she did in "Frankie my dear" in school. I think she did that much later and I think it was a sign of her "luck" with boys.

I think some people might consider Frankie's general outfit to be "homely" just a green sweater and a powerpuff girls shirt and all. Plus the fact Wilt was her date for the prom kind of solidifies the fact she couldn't get a date for prom.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:21 AM   #78
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Plus the fact Wilt was her date for the prom kind of solidifies the fact she couldn't get a date for prom.
Maybe she had a pack of guys who wanted to take her but she turned 'em down because they were just as obsessive and awkward as those two guys (their names always escape me) from GWH.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:35 AM   #79
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
Maybe she had a pack of guys who wanted to take her but she turned 'em down because they were just as obsessive and awkward as those two guys (their names always escape me) from GWH.
Yeah I'm not so sure. I think most people understand the (usual) significance of prom and how important it is to your high school lives, and I think the way Frankie talked about her prom/Wilt experience shows she was upset she didn't have a quote "date" to take to it.

The way Frankie talked about it, she kind of made it sound like taking Wilt to the prom was akin to taking your cousin or something. I think if she had geeks or guys drooling over her she'd tolerate taking one to prom just so she could go through prom by actually having a human/guy kind of date.

Plus, all this guy drooly moments Frankie's been going through from the FMD episode, to GWH, to even that kid in the Foster's comic, none of this seemed to happen until much later in her life till she grew up. Or at least that's how it looked.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #80
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Yeah I'm not so sure. I think most people understand the (usual) significance of prom and how important it is to your high school lives, and I think the way Frankie talked about her prom/Wilt experience shows she was upset she didn't have a quote "date" to take to it.

The way Frankie talked about it, she kind of made it sound like taking Wilt to the prom was akin to taking your cousin or something. I think if she had geeks or guys drooling over her she'd tolerate taking one to prom just so she could go through prom by actually having a human/guy kind of date.

Plus, all this guy drooly moments Frankie's been going through from the FMD episode, to GWH, to even that kid in the Foster's comic, none of this seemed to happen until much later in her life till she grew up. Or at least that's how it looked.
I agree wholeheartedly; the prom is usually considered a big event in one's high school life, although as I mentioned elsewhere I didn't go to mine for various reasons, chief among them being no one to go with. She certainly has my sympathy on that. I don't think she was unattractive at that age but perhaps was shyer than she is now, and probably dressed more for comfort than pizzazz, as she currently does. Lonely? Yes, but not as much as we might think, if she spent a lot of time at Foster's. She would no doubt long for human companionship now and then but would certainly never lack for conversation or company.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote