Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 07-27-2008, 07:12 PM   #71
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Here ya go Koos.

It's also possible it could be a grouse of some kind. I didn't catch a glimpse of its underparts due to the grass, but at looking at my bird book, the size, color and markings most closely resemble a female ptarmigan in its summer plumage.

And for any who like babies, here's a precious baby-

Anyway, I actually forgot to mention a few more things that really made my day yesterday. A friend of mine told me "You appear to have lost more weight every time I see you!" Yeah, how can that not make a girl's day? I am losing weight, I suppose. I can't afford "fun" food at the moment. Also, later last evening, my bro whom I haven't really spoken to in months texted me, and we texted back and forth a few times, it was fun. I miss him! The dork... And to end it all, we went to the Cheesecake Factory and I had one of the most delicious meals I've had in a long time. Big enough to stick with me I think for a few days.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:55 AM   #72
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

went to the movies with my friends Stacy and Kayla last night, had a good time. "Stepbrothers" is ridiculously funny, by the way

"POW!"
Old 07-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #73
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

From the Kids say the darnedest things department.

A few days ago at the con I was in line for the Foster's signing and behind me in line were a couple of children. The kids looked over at the signing table and saw Lauren sitting there, after noticing her red hair, one of them turns to the other and says: "OMG she looks just like Frankie!" right then and there I literally had to cover my face to keep from laughing my head off.

I guess it's one of those cases of childhood innocence bringing a smile to my face.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #74
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Finally getting around to getting the majority of my team to lvl 100 (not by training, silly) in diamond, plus evolving my pikachu. I'm glad i dont have to work on that again. So yeah that made me happy.

Also finding stuff at the local goodwill store for 50 cents that, when new, would cost well around at least $15 or $20.

EDIT: not just that pokedex i mentioned in another thread, i mean clothes. seriously, who pays that much for a shirt?

Last edited by some guy you dont know; 07-28-2008 at 08:59 PM.
some guy you dont know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #75
L.G.
Melvineer

Get comfy cause I got a lot to share with you all right now.

Last Monday was crazy. First, my co-workers saw a police chase in progress, and the suspect drove right in front of them! The cop that was supposed to cover our work zone was involved in the chase, and his cruiser was totaled (he was fine however). The suspect was later caught despite cutting through fields, and it turns out that he was a 13 year old local who stole his neighbor's Cadillac Eldorado.

That same day, a man ran out of gas and pulled into our work area (he was the 2nd one that day). Turns out he was drunk, and another cop took him in. (was mentioned in the local paper later in the week)

And yesterday, the state trooper that my supervisor hired ran out of gas just shortly after he was told to go home . He flagged me and my co-worker and then asked if we had a small gas can. We didn't have one on hand, so he radioed his fellow officers instead. That was the fourth person that ran out of gas in the four weeks.

Last edited by L.G.; 07-29-2008 at 08:04 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #76
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I don't know if this exactly "made my day" but it was kind of cool...

Okay first off, I have this habit that's going to get my ass kicked some day: I treat kids like intelligent human beings. I talk to them the same way I talk to adults. I don't mean, like, babies or toddlers of course, but older kids. And what I mean about it possibly getting me in trouble some day is, if a kid is rude to me I snap at them the same way I'd snap at an adult - NOBODY gets away with being rude to me if I can do anything about it. And my gut reaction to being kicked or insulted is to confront the person, even if it's a kid, and even if their parents are right there.

So today in the pet store I was waiting to get some crickets for my tarantulas (they are HUNGRY after our vacation) and there was a young girl there with her mom also getting crickets. She asked me what I was getting crix for and I said tarantulas and she was all "EWWW, how can you have TARANTULAS??"

I never let anyone get away with that. I let her know in no uncertain terms that it is NOT acceptable, ever, to insult someone's pets like that. You don't have to like my pets, but if you insult them or me for having them I'm not going to meekly bow my head or whatever. Just because they're not fluffy bunnies they and I don't deserve to be insulted. Anyways she said nothing, and neither did her mom.

Later when GM and I were playing with the birds she came over (I don't know if it was on her own or her mom told her to) and she apologised. She said she has rats and that happens to her too, and yes it's rude. That was just kinda cool, nobody (kid or adult) ever apologises to me for insulting my tarantulas. I still feel bad for snapping at her, as I usually do when I have tell a kid off (it's not like she was *really* rude, it's just I'm tired of hearing "ew gross what's wrong with you for having spiders??").
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:17 AM   #77
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I won $7.00 on last night's Powerball game. Heck of a way to start the day.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:20 AM   #78
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I won $7.00 on last night's Powerball game. Heck of a way to start the day.
Yay! You can buy 1.5 gallons of gas with that!

Last edited by Imaginary Light; 07-31-2008 at 07:21 AM.
Imaginary Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #79
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I got to hold my baby niece last night. That was pretty cool.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:19 PM   #80
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

finally beating slash on expert in GH3. also, anytime i watch a good episode of family guy puts me in a good mood too.