Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:57 AM   #771
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

Kevin and I saw Live Free, Die Hard yesterday. 'Twas a good popcorn flick as long as you park your brain outside the door. Bruce Willis' coolness under pressure speaks volumes.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #772
DatzRyoma
Newly Abandoned

Mine was Big Mama 2 haha its funny
DatzRyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:29 PM   #773
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Jumanji

I seriously don't know why a sequel was never made to this movie, it's a sweet franchise when you think about it. Good effects, good acting, and man it was SUCH a moody film. Went from dark to comedic in zero .3 seconds.

I know they made Zathura which was good (but not AS good as this movie). But I really did like this movie and I think it's a shame most people tend to let it drift out of their memories.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 06-28-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #774
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Jumanji

I seriously don't know why a sequel was never made to this movie, it's a sweet franchise when you think about it. Good effects, good acting, and man it was SUCH a moody film. Went from dark to comedic in zero .3 seconds.

I know they made Zathura which was good (but not AS good as this movie). But I really did like this movie and I think it's a shame most people tend to let it drift out of their memories.
I would agree mosltly with you, except the movie Zathura really was the sequal. I mean it held the same concept, a board game taken out, cannot quit and the game warps reality. then when its over everything is back to close to normal.

And your right! it could have been better, but on its own I think Zathura was a good movie. It has a replay value but I think it had too much marketing and Hype that made it appear to be a letdown. If it had less hype it should have done well when people saw it because it was good.
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #775
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

I'm one of the few who thinks Zathura is superior to Jumanji. The production design and art direction really popped in my mind. It called to mind old pulp novels and sci-fi comics. And that house was gorgeous.

The more self-contained story worked better for me as well.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:10 PM   #776
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Zathura definitely has a neater concept with the whole idea of space. The effects were very cool, the robot was an excellent hazard and I got a big kick out of Dax Shepherd as the astronaut. The ending "revelation" as to what Zathura actually was is actually the neatest thing about the movie.

However, I felt Jumanji surpassed it on 3 very important levels: 1- The kids. Both kids in this film were much better then the Zathura kids, there was something much more deeper going on with the siblings besides the typical "I hate my brother" bit, and the older brother from Zathura kinda blew a few lines.

2- the dangers. Jumanji had many, many, MANY unique and various dangerous animals, events, and spaces to land on. Zathura's dangers had some really neat ones but ultimately failed at feeling as spontaneous and in their quantity. Finally 3- the story. Jumanji had an incredibly deep, dark, and moving storyline.

The whole issue with Alan trapped in the game for 26 years, coming back, picking up his life and finding out his parents died, town went to Hell, and with all the animals to boot, this was a really riveting storyline. It was dark and humorous, something most kid films avoid because it's too "serious" for kids.

Jumanji did a much better story and didn't feel sappy or too kiddish at all, Zathura's story didn't have the same gravity of "dire situation" like Jumanji did, with the animals going all over town and affecting everyone's lives where as Zathura remained firmly locked within the confines of the house and its owners.

But either way like I said, I truly enjoyed both films and still wished Jumanji had a direct sequel even though I did enjoy Zathura.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:26 PM   #777
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Live free or Die hard
They swear an awful lot for a Pg-13 movie so it didn't really feel too bogged down by it's rating. A very fun movie, the ideal summer blockbluster flick (until Transformers that is ).
Die Hard with A Vengance
I think the only reason this movie didn't get a PG-13 was because of all the cussing.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:21 PM   #778
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Yippe Ki-yay!

Live Free or Die Hard. Oh my GOD this movie rocked SO HARD!!!!! Holy CRAP i cannot get over how awesome this flick was!!! Bruce Willis kills terr'ists like there is no freaking tomorrow!

Yippe Ki-yay!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:34 AM   #779
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Pirates of the Carribean- Curse of the Black Pearl. The first one, way better than DMC.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:39 PM   #780
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Ratatouille

If Pixar's movies have ever left you doubting they are the greatest thing Disney has going for them right now, then I suggest you see this movie and start slapping yourself silly for not realizing it sooner because this is PHEONIMINAL!!!!

Amazing, wonderful, superb, this is truly a cream of the crop amongst Pixar's dream line of kick ass movies. Ratatouille is easily one of the best movies I have seen this entire year so far, just as good as Incredibles was, and MAYBE even better.

There's no sappy, stupid, cliche material here, it's all grade A, top of the line perfect and every actor, story twist, and design helps make this movie one of the must see this year. Don't doubt, don't hesitate, don't wait, GO SEE THIS MOVIE! It will be the best 7-9 dollars you ever spend at a movie theater.