Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 11-08-2007, 02:30 AM   #741
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
You know, there is a law on the books in England saying that any Scotsman carrying a bow and arrows inside the city walls of York may be legally killed...but you just can't enforce such a law!
Now hold on...I'm counting on that.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #742
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Here's something else that's ridiculous:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071106/...on_for_hugging

This really fracked me off. Any wonder the country's in such a sorry state.
That's one of the most retareded things I've ever heard!

? Long Live Jeremiah ?

Last edited by Cassini90125; 06-02-2009 at 10:47 PM.
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #743
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Going shopping sometimes ticks me off, even though I like to shop, whether for groceries or clothes or presents for other people. I never found myself disliking it at times until I moved here to the Seattle area. Plainly put, there is a lot of money up here, with the corporate headquarters of Microsoft, Boeing, and even Starbucks. Nothing against well-to-do people, but ever see the movie Titanic? A lot of the people up here actually seem to still have that mind set that the lower-class people aren't worth a cent. Really, they do. And working in retail is more humiliating up here than anywhere else I've lived. Ugh, people seem to think I should kiss the ground they walk on for giving the company their money so I can get a paycheck. Sometimes I feel some customers actually expect us to maintain a downcast expression (like a child who is humbly taking a scolding) when in their presence.

Anyway, when I go shopping, especially grocery shopping, I try to go to some of the nicer neighborhoods and bigger stores because some of the people that frequent the smaller and cheaper places scare me (gang activity, drunkards, Post Trauma Syndrome Vets, etc.). I feel safer and more comfortable in the bigger, better lit and even more expensive grocery stores. Unfortunately, this is also where a lot of the snooty rich people usually shop. And they're arrogant. They hog up the entire aisle, and when you try to pass or even say "Excuse me" politely, they glare at you as if to say "How dare you think you can just pass through my space?" You can be coming to the end of an aisle with your cart, slow down in case someone comes around the corner from the other aisle, and someone walks right into your cart because they weren't looking where they were going, and you might say "Sorry" even though you slowed down, and they glare at you as if to say "Watch where you're going, I have the right of way!" Yeah, you pretty much have to follow all traffic laws in the grocery store. If the store is busy enough, I just pull the cart behind me, other wise, even if I stop at the end of every aisle and look both ways before going on, people will still walk into my cart (and look at me as if I'm the one who ran into them). And at the checkout, you can have all your stuff ready on the counter/belt with the plastic divider already in place for the next person in line, and the person ahead of you is fussing with the poor cashier over the stupidest thing, as if accusing her/him of not treating them with the service they "deserve" (even though you might clearly be able to see that the cashier is already going above and beyond great customer service). And/Or, the person behind you is impatient and throws their stuff on the belt behind the divider and even though you smile at them and might even say some friendly comment like "I hear *brand name* is great stuff!", they glare at you as if to say "Shut up and just get checked out so I can get out of here!". I always try to dress up somewhat, and am usually even more dressed up than some of the other shoppers, but I think they can still tell that I'm not really "one of them". Although I know for a fact that they all treat eachother this way as well, I seem to get more of it because they think I don't even belong there or something. It just really aggravates me. And even though I usually like shopping, sometimes I come home mad and depressed because I had so many encounters with rude people.

I know there's rude people no matter where you go, but there just seems to be a higher concentration of them up here, compared to the other places I've lived. Likely because of all the money up here, and more people are use to hired help and get so much respect in their work place they expect the same high respect outside of work, regardless of the others who deserve just as much (if not more) respect from them.

I don't know how much sense all that made, but it reeeeaaaallllyyyy irritates me how some people think they should be the center of the universe, when we're ALL in this together, no matter how much money one has.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:41 PM   #744
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Here's something else that's ridiculous:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071106/...on_for_hugging

This really fracked me off. Any wonder the country's in such a sorry state.
Note to self: watch out in Illinois.

What a retarded law "Poor taste"? What the _ _ _ _ Is THAT supposed to mean?! It seems ok to me. It's not like they're doing.... Other Things to each-other............

Last edited by Cassini90125; 06-02-2009 at 10:47 PM.
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:49 PM   #745
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
...I know there's rude people no matter where you go, but there just seems to be a higher concentration of them up here, compared to the other places I've lived. Likely because of all the money up here, and more people are use to hired help and get so much respect in their work place they expect the same high respect outside of work, regardless of the others who deserve just as much (if not more) respect from them.

I don't know how much sense all that made, but it reeeeaaaallllyyyy irritates me how some people think they should be the center of the universe, when we're ALL in this together, no matter how much money one has.
It made a lot of sense, and unfortunately a lot of it is true. But rudeness is not entirely restricted to the wealthy; my local Stop & Shop has the same crap going on, and none of those people are rich. I swear, I often think that I'm the only person in the store who watches where he's going and tries to avoid crashing into the other customers. It isn't restricted to shopping, either; sometimes the simple act of exiting an elevator brings an unwarranted glare. You can almost hear an arrogant voice in that glare, saying "How dare you block my path by getting off on your floor!". Makes me want to smack the person. I don't see it as much in the smaller stores, but the big ones? Forget about it. This is why I like the 24-hour places; being the only customer is so much easier, and I hate crowds to begin with, so if I can shop at 1:00 am, that's fine by me.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-10-2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added quote.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:46 PM   #746
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Posting back-to-back ticks me off. Not, however, as much as this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...eawhale112.xml

I wish to state for the record that I regard most species of whales and other cetaceans as sentient lifeforms and have zero tolerance toward those who hunt them or support hunting them. It serves no useful purpose, and it's just plain wrong.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #747
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

My local bank. They claim that I had withdrawn $300 of my parents' money; and I haven't withdrawn money from savings since Sept. I've had enough of them.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #748
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

that ticks me off and im only readin' about it, ORD!

maybe identity theft?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:21 PM   #749
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
My local bank. They claim that I had withdrawn $300 of my parents' money; and I haven't withdrawn money from savings since Sept. I've had enough of them.

That's happened to me too thanks to weak security on an electronic card payment machine. I had to ring up 3 different bits of my vast multinational bank to get them to give me my money back, hell I didn't give it to criminals - they did. Anyway good luck ORD!

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:19 PM   #750
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

My parents are on my case about it. We argued for 10 minutes about it. *sighs* It's not my fault things are so messy.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote