Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #691
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

that is a great flick, Mr. Marshmallow, i saw that movie on IFC a few years back. I bought Nosferatu shortly thereafter.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:44 PM   #692
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

Shrek the Third. Was OK. Not as good as the first and second.

<Click!
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:27 PM   #693
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Evolution

and earlier I watched a REAL old school alien movie...

Day of the Triffids
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #694
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Evolution

and earlier I watched a REAL old school alien movie...

Day of the Triffids
The Triffids were not aliens! They were an early experiment in bio-engineering and looked a little like this:

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p...rrent=Amo4.jpg

Though that also looks a bit like the head of G'kar from B5, who was an alien.

Yeh that movie was terrible, it got everything wrong but then so did the movie versions of War of the Worlds though the later one did have some top-notch honking in it.

Last film I saw was one of those Land Before Time things and I only really caught the last 20 minutes. Some of the animation of panicking small reptiles was good and I must say they all sang very nicely but overall I think Terminator was better.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:21 PM   #695
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Well the movie sure made them sound alien, I thought it said they were brought in by meteorites then mutated by the second shower by the start of the movie. In anycase, I thought it was pretty decent for an old old OLD ass monster movie. My dad saw it years ago and found it for a buck at a garage sale.

Pretty good find considering the rarity of the film. I also really liked the remake of Worlds. It really nailed the "freaked out" humanity vibe and everything felt gloom and doomy just like in ID4, and Dawn of the Dead remake, how everything just felt bad around you. Plus those vaporizer rays were really chilling.

I admit the sub plot with Tim Robbins was off putting, which is a shame because he's a good actor.

Btw,

The last movie I watched was Small Soldiers, a REALLY good movie which alot of people REALLY disliked.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 05-24-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:45 PM   #696
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

pokemon 4ever

ok this is offically the weirdest movie ever. me and my brother spent the last hour and a half laughing at its stupidity. think about it. THE DARK BALL.. done in first movie. and sorta done in pokemon collouseium. then, of course, the water dies. fun for all! the celebi dies, shrivels up instantly. thats just great. then they bring it back to life. yay! so while its celebrating, the iron-mask guy comes out of the water (best part) and starts choking, CHOKING, the small, little, celebi.

oh yeah, did you see those stupid things little sammy used as pokeballs? and team rocket fell off a branch and did nothing of importance, like always. and little sammy and ash ate fourty-year old bread.

overall, i laughed the entire time. nothing made sense, and this movie made more sense than half the other pokemon movies. thats my standpoint.

Last edited by some guy you dont know; 05-24-2007 at 07:47 PM.
some guy you dont know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:37 AM   #697
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

It was a sold out show, but what did I expect? And I don't care what the critics say. I loved this movie
Old 05-25-2007, 08:32 AM   #698
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Light View Post
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

It was a sold out show, but what did I expect? And I don't care what the critics say. I loved this movie
I totally agree, I have no idea where the critics are coming from in most of their reviews, because I personally thought this movie was just plain fun from first frame to last. I enjoyed watching Depp and Rush's characters play off of each other again, and this movie did exactly what a closing act in a trilogy should do, tie up all the loose ends while leaving things slightly open for future installments.

And how can I hate a movie with...

Spoiler Below
One of the best wedding scenes in the history of cinema.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #699
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Aww, I still have to wait a couple of weeks for Pirates; it doesn't come out until mid-June here in China, and even then I think it'll have a few cuts made to it. Still, I shouldn't complain; sometimes the Chinese release of foreign movies doesn't occur until months later, whilst others (including Dead Man's Chest) just get banned altogther, usually for the most ridiculous reasons. At least I'm not missing out.

I am rather looking forward to it, actually; I just rewatched the first two back-to-back, and I must say that I enjoyed them more than I'd expected. Both films are loud, broadly played and feature some pretty flabby storytelling, but they can also be steadfastly relied upon for some spectacular action, genuinely funny humour, wonderful visuals and all-around solid entertainment. Curse of the Black Pearl remains much the purer and better of the two films, thanks to its lack of pretensions, more focused narrative and its fantastically fun hero-villain axis od Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush. Dead Man's Chest, in its attempts to retool this simple swashbuckler as a fantasy epic, feels a little confused at times, a little less sure of what its purpose is, which is perhaps why the already undisciplined pacing often goes further out-of-kilter with wildly indulgent detours; the cannibal island section is wonderful fun, but in terms of plot structure it's really excessive. There's still some fantastic stuff here, though; even though Davy Jones isn't as dynamic or fun a villain as Barbossa, I could still watch him all day, partially because Bill Nighy plays him so well and partially because he and his crew are such brilliant designs, but mostly because he's so realised with such flawless, photoreal and as-yet peerless effects. And it's got a genuinely tantalising cliffhanger to boot, the outcome of which I look forward to seeing soon...
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:35 AM   #700
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Still haven't seen the third, but I will simply because I'm a completist and I feel obligated.

You know I actually loved the first one, until I kept hearing about it constantly. It was like being stuck in 97 but instead of Myers it was Depp. I was ready to strangle anyone who said, "But why is the rum gone?"

I honestly don't get the love for this series. In many geek circles, people are saying it surpasses any other action/adventure movie before it. Yes, including Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

On top of that the popularity of the film is spreading like a cancer. You can't ride the original POTC at any Disney park anymore, and Tom Sawyer's Island in Disneyland is being completely overhauled to fit into the theme of the movie. That's sorta like if they decided to turn the Haunted Mansion into a Lilo & Stitch or Emperor's New Groove attraction simply based on the popularity of those two movies.

I can see where people have fun with this movie, because believe it or not I had fun too. What I don't see is where this sliced bread syndrome is coming from. I really don't.

On a sort of unrelated note, I wonder how terrible Alan Silvestri's score for the first movie actually is, seeing as they dumped it in favor for that Zimmer protege, Klaus Beldt. You can tell they wanted Zimmer all along because the next to movies they kick Beldt to the curb and hire Hans. Not the first rejected score and complete composer trade-off. But the original score has been kept so tightly under wraps it never even leaked onto the Internet. Even Silvestri's pre-Elfman Mission: Impossible score is an easy find online. But it seems like they were predisposed to hate it. As late as May 03 all posters for Pirates still listed Silvestri as composer.

Wow, I am a total nerd of the worst kind.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote