Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:30 AM   #61
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

YAAAY!!

But aww, Poor Scarecrow lost his new arm too. =P
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #62
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Chapter 11: Oz revealed and the Rewards

They had no trouble at all getting by the guard this time, and they finally reached the large room of the Wizard. The Lion all this time had carried the gold broom of the Wicked Witch in his jaws, proof that she was indeed dead. Once they arrived in the room Oz was already waiting, the hideous head floating above his throne.

"Do my eyes and ears deceive me?" he asked, "You return, not only alive but victorious? Is what I hear through my windows true, that the Witch of the West is dead?"

"Yes sir!" Mac replied, nudging the Lion, who walked forward and lowered the broom onto the floor. "We melted her." he added, feeling they had to explain how it happened.

"Ah, liquidated her? Quite resourceful." the Wizard glanced at the broom as if he had been the one who killed her.

"So um, if it's okay, your wizardry," the Scarecrow spoke up, "Would it be okay for you to keep your end of our bargain if-if that's okay?"

"Not so fast, not so fast!" the floating head shot back, "I have to have time to consider it. Go away and return here tomorrow."

All jaws hung open, well, except the Scarecrow. But he looked very surprised. "Tomorrow?" Mac asked, "We didn't get to wait until tomorrow to go and get the Witch, I want to go home now!"

"Yea-wait, we do?" Bloo asked, but as elbowed quiet by Mac.

"Coco coCO co co co cococo co!" the Tin Bird snapped, pointing out how he had enough time already to think about their rewards. Or, their just deserves now after what they went through. She wouldn't allow herself to be attacked by bees, crows, thrown down a gulch by flying monkeys to end up denting her poor body to end up going another day without her heart!

"Si! You is all big and powerful and knowing all things, you should be knowing that we is deserving of what we want!" the Lion added, his upper lip curling in anger at this. He too had faced so many scary things in just a few days! First Extreme-o-saurs, flying monkeys, being kidnapped, horrible guards and that witch! Never before did he feel he deserved his courage so strongly.

"SILENCE!" the Wizard bellowed, fire shooting up all around them. "FEEL HONOURED I AM GIVING YOU AN AUDIENCE TOMORROW INSTEAD OF FIFTY YEARS FROM NOW!"

"Listen buddy," Bloo stomped over to where the curtains that surrounded the whole room. "I may not wanna get outta here, I mean come on, saying goodbye to fame and fortune? Please. Anyway, my boy Mac wants to get home and if you don't I'll..." he eyed the curtain. Well, wanton destruction is always fun isn't it? He grabbed the curtain and pulled.

It fell away, as was expected. But what wasn't expected was someone behind the curtain. A greying gentleman in a green suit was working feverishly at a machine. A microphone hung in front of his face, and dials and levels by his hands which he was turning and rummaging. As he worked, the head of Oz growled. "[b]YOU DARE DESTROY MY THRONE ROOM YOU BLOB?" the head then seemed to notice all attention was on the man, who, when he turned; wasn't a man at all but a rabbit. A very tall, grey, old rabbit. He fussed for a moment, before pulling the curtain back up. "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT RABBIT BEHIND THE CURTAIN! THE GREAT OZ HAS SPOKEN!"

But damage was already done. Mac walked over to the curtain and pulled it back, revealing the rabbit again. He was joined by his friends. "Who are you?" Mac asked, wanting an explanation.

The Rabbit yelped and stared at the boy, then his companions. He gulped, before turning and took hold of the mike and spoke into it. As he spoke, the head of Oz spoke but much more loudly and powerfully. "I am the great and powerful..." he removed the mike, looking ashamed and humiliated as a rabbit can. "...wizard of Oz." he concluded.

"You are??" Mac asked, appalled. "I don't believe you!"

"My dear young sir," the Rabbit known as Oz said, hands to his breast pockets. "I am the only one here, so therefore I am the wonderful Wizard of Oz. Albeit a less impressive one than my counterpart there." he motioned to the head which was no longer functioning.

All gathered could only stare in dismay. A Rabbit? The great and powerful Wizard, the one in charge of all of Oz, who had sent them on a Witch hunt was a Rabbit? All glared. Well, except the Scarecrow for he couldn't but he gave off the aura of someone being very mad. He'd lost his arm and eye, as soon as he had gotten them! "You're... you're awful." Mac finally said, fighting to find the words to voice his anger.

"Oh no, no," the Rabbit said, sounding sincere for he was. "I'm a very good Rabbit I am just a very bad wizard." it had been so long, oh so long. He'd held this charade up, pretending to be what he wasn't out of fear of being hunted down. Those who remember his arrival in the city were long dead, he had out lived them all. But now, he was an old frail rabbit wanting peace. The Witch had known the truth, holding it above his head for years and now she was gone, and his secret was out. What could he do?
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #63
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

"Well I'm sorry but," the Scarecrow started, "What about the heart you promised the Tin Bird? Or the courage that Lion wants so badly?"

"Si! And Scarecrow's brain!" the Lion added.

"What? Don't be preposterous!" the Rabbit said, looking up at the tall man made of straw. "You don't need them my dear boy, for you learn something new each and every day. For example, a babe has brains but doesn't know much. Yet experience is the only one true thing that brings you knowledge. And the longer you are upon the green earth the more experience, thus brains, you are ever to achieve."

It took the Scarecrow a few moments to think that through. "Well... okay, that might be right. But I'd still like to be able to have some brains in my head."

The Rabbit once again observed him, before hopping away to a door which held a vast black bag from his travels in the past. He pulled it out, and rummaged within. "I might not be a fine magician, as I said. But..." he pulled something out but held it fast in his hands. "Follow me, sir. I shall give you new brains; they may take a while for you to get used to but once you do, you will be very wise indeed."

The Scarecrow's painted on grin seemed to get even bigger, and he waved his friends off as he and the fake Oz walked away into another room. There he sat on a chair, and the Rabbit removed his head - in order to put in new brains, you understand. He emptied out the straw, then from what he pulled from his bag he emptied into the red sack that was the Scarecrow's head. First went in bran, then some pins, grains, and needles. He mixed them up, then resecured the Scarecrow's head onto his neck. "And from here on in, Scarecrow, you shall know many a wondrous thing for I have given you bran-new brains." the Rabbit declared as he tied the head finally.

It may have been a trick of course, but knowing he actually held brains, finally, within his head the Scarecrow was besides himself with joy. To us, who have read this story, know all too well the Scarecrow was smart all the time, all he needed to do was believe in himself. It was a difficult thing to do, when made of straw and so easily set alight by a lighted match. But to feel, and known, be told he had brains? It brought on such a brand new wave of confidence when he returned to his friends he announced quite proudly he had brains.

"...why've you got pins sticking out of your head?" Bloo asked.

"It is meaning he is sharp!" the Lion said, grinning widely at his friend. Mac and Bloo both felt it was something else, but they left it at that. They hadn't seen the Scarecrow so happy before, so who were they to ruin his beliefs?

"So my dear Tin Bird," the Rabbit had returned and looked to the Tin Bird. "You were requesting a heart, true?"

"Coco!" the Tin Bird replied happily, hopeful she was to receive what she wanted.

"I still believe you are better off without one. Hearts are the foray of man, and bird, kind. They shan't be useful until you can make them unbreakable."

"...co co coco." she replied, saying she did indeed still want one. She wanted to feel that she could love, be loved, and everything else a heart could bring to someone. She wanted to feel joy, happiness, even sadness that comes with it.

"Very well, follow me." he lead her away into the same room. Sitting on the same chair the Scarecrow had, he went to work. He told her to close her eyes, and she did obediently even if she wasn't happy with learning that the Wizard was a Rabbit. But he was giving her a heart, so she wasn't one to argue. Using some smouldering tools he had brought with him from his travels he opened up a small square compartment on her chest before holding out a heart. Well, it was a bright red heart, with a small clock in the centre and it ticked loudly and proudly. Working quickly he deposited it into her chest, and weld the square shut again. "Open your eyes."

Once the Tin Bird did, she honestly did feel it. She felt the slight weight in her chest, and in her ears if she listened hard enough she could hear the ticking of a heart beat. Her eyes watered up, threatening to spill and rust herself all over again but she released a few' cocos' of thanks to the Rabbit, saying even if he was a humbug and a fake Wizard he was still great for giving her a heart after so long of wanting one. Once she returned to the group all had to put an ear to her chest to hear her brand new heart ticking.

The Rabbit took a moment of his time to look over the Lion. He wondered how a creature so huge could be so easily terrified, and given what he has indeed faced within the Witch's castle, why hadn't he realised himself just how courageous he was? Still, he had a job and a promise to keep. Leading the Lion through the door the Wizard looked through the bag he had pulled items from before, this time retrieving a bottle. Its label was in a language no Ozian could understand, but the Rabbit formerly known as Oz did. He got a bowl and poured it in, before setting it down in front of him. The Lion stared at the liquid. "Que es that?" he asked, pointing.

"It's courage." the Rabbit replied.

The Lion took a cautious sniff. It smelt horrid. "Courage?" he asked again.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #64
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

"Yes, my furry companion. You've never heard of courage being on the outside, it must be inside to be brave! Now drink up, that's a good lad." the Rabbit watched as the Lion quickly lapped up the liquid, and shivered in the aftermath. "How was it?"

"Ick." the Lion made a face.

"But how do you feel?"

"...full of courage! Oh gracias Senor Bad Rabbit Wizard!" the huge beast flung himself at the Rabbit, wrapped his large and powerful arms around him and hugged the living daylights out of him. "I es no scared anymore, I es all proud and brave and, and, gracias senor! Gracias!" But once the Lion returned to the group they all realised what kind of a mess they were in. Could the ex-Wizard now Rabbit really have a way to get Mac and (albeit reluctant) Bloo home again? They all looked to the Rabbit in silence, awaiting his decision.

He smoothed his moustache out (or was it thickly grown whiskers?) in thought. This lasted for quite a while, but no one (not even Bloo) lost interest in watching him to see what he'd do. Finally he smacked his fist into his open palm. "That's it, I've got it. Young master Mac, master Bloo, I can get you back home again quick as a wink! ...well not especially that quick, but I know of a way to get you home."

"You do? For real?" Mac asked, hating to sound so in awe of a liar.

"Yes dear boy. For you see, I came to this land by air. A hot air balloon to be precise. And you yourself was transported here by air as well, whilst yours was an actual house which wasn't designed for flight. Either way, using my old balloon we shall both return to our good ole' land of the brave, and home of the free." Despite the Rabbit being a bit of a humbug, a liar, and a bad wizard, all gathered had to give a happy cheer. It was mixed with sadness, though. Mac and Bloo were going to be leaving, and they had grown oh so close in their time together. But alas, Mac wanted to go home and in his heart of hearts, Bloo did too. Not only for his paddleballs but without Mac how could he continue on, really?

The following day, everything was ready. The large balloon had been set up in the now defunct field of poppies, no longer poisonous or sleep inducing. The whole population of the Emerald City had gathered to finally see their Wizard descend into the heavens from where he apparently came. The red poppy field was over run with the colour green, that being the colour of choice for all the citizens of the city. Surprisingly, unlike how Mac and his friends had reacted, they weren't at all surprised to see their Oz was a Rabbit. He was hailed even more, it would seem. But there was an air of sadness amongst them. To finally see their Wizard, only to see him leave! Irony is a cruel mistress.

"...and so, dearest citizens of Oz, from all walks of life," indeed, there were humans, some Beanielanders, some of the more oddly shaped creatures like the guard of the doors, and a lot of animals as well, "In my stead, I leave the Scarecrow to be in charge of the Emerald City by virtue of his magnificent brains. Treat him as you have me, with all the respect one should expect of a leader." a hearty cheer went up from the crowd as the Rabbit known as Oz shook hands with the Scarecrow, who looked so embarrassed and humbled you'd swear he'd collapse under his emotions.

"I'm sorry but that is so so nice of you to do, really! I'll be the best ruler Oz has had, n-next to you, sir." he had to keep a charade up of course, let them know the Rabbit is still a grand Wizard even if he wasn't.

"And thus, farewell my friends! Think of me, soaring triumphantly through the skies, out shining every star..." the Rabbit went into his speech and as he did, we'll just leave him to his hot air (and not just his balloon) to see Mac stood by the basket the Rabbit is already in. The Scarecrow, having thanked 'Oz' many times already joins him to fix his hair.

"So, are you ready Mac?" he asks,

"Yeah... I guess so. I mean, I wanna go home but I'm going to miss you guys a lot."

"Co coco co co co, coco coco..." the Tin Bird said, her metallic palm leaves atop her head drooping slightly. The Lion was visibly upset, but he luckily wasn't bawling how he has in the past or else he would have rusted the Tin Bird and made the Scarecrow soggy. No one wants a soggy leader.

"We is going to miss you so much senor Mac!" the Lion wept, pulling him into a hug in those massive purple arms.

"I'm gonna miss you all too and-wait. Where's Bloo?" All looked around. The blue imaginary was no where to be found. Was he late, or had he run away so he wouldn't leave? Who knew, when it came to Bloo.

"Uh oh." the Scarecrow said. "This isn't good, from what I've heard the 'Wizard' is very strict and doesn't allow for delays! He's set the balloon launch for two pm sharp, and it's already one fifty something!"
Old 12-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #65
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

"BLOO!!" Mac rushed off into the crowd, dodging legs and paws, jumping over short people, trying to locate Bloo. This is so like him, just like when they were going to go to Europe he kept changing his mind! But this isn't Fosters to Europe, this is a whole other world, Oz, to Fosters! There wasn't another chance to get there again! After what felt like an eternity but was only a few minutes, Mac spotted Bloo making his way through the crowd. "Bloo!" he hurried up, grabbing his friend by the arm. "What're you DOING?? We gotta get going now! What're you doing being late?!"

"Relax," Bloo said, shrugging his friend's hands off his arm. "I got souvenirs!" he pulled out a pair of green sunglasses which had 'OZ' written on both lenses. "I figure we might as well get some for the guys-"

"We haven't got time! We gotta-" Mac stopped since the crowd suddenly cheered in unison. Turning his head around he saw the giant red balloon beginning to climb into the skies. "NO NO NO!" he grabbed Bloo and the two rushed to the stage where it had been tethered. "WAIT! WAIT! COME BACK!" he shouted, waving his arms. The Scarecrow was jumping as high as he could to grab the ropes, but to no avail. The wind was strong, and carrying the balloon higher and higher.

"I cannot come back!" the Rabbit shouted, "You are late! And secondly, I don't know how it works. Goodbye folks!"

So Mac could only watch with a shattered heart as the balloon continued to float higher, and higher, until it vanished behind a white cloud and was gone forever.

To be continued (we're not out of Oz yet!)
Old 12-06-2006, 02:18 PM   #66
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

=D WILT---Er, THE SCARECROW RULES!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #67
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

And he shall be a kind, just ruler.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #68
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

No!!!! How will they get home? Looking forward to Ch. 12.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+

Last edited by One Radical Dude; 12-06-2006 at 03:48 PM.
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #69
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

of course he will! he's got "brains"! XD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #70
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Chapter 12: The Journey North

The celebrations were still continuing, celebrating the life and time of the great Wizard of Oz, many gathered fail to realise that the small group of heroes were in a rather mixed emotional state. Mac was utterly distraught that his only hope of getting home was now gone, and even if his friends were happy he was still with them, they knew it wasn't fair if he wasn't happy. The Scarecrow patted the young boy's back, "It's okay Mac, we'll figure something out. Come on, you must be hungry by now."

"Mm.. yeah..." Mac sighed, and watched the skies for a few moments longer before following after his companions.

Soon thereafter the group was gathered again in the throne room which now belonged to the Scarecrow, and he had already taken his place upon the throne where the large Head had once hovered over. Off to the side, a painter was sat painting his likeliness for his new portrait. It was kind of hard, since the Scarecrow kept moving but he did his best.

"So now what?" Bloo asked, feeling only a little bit ashamed that it was his fault (maybe) that they were still stuck here. But still, he hadn't liked the Rabbit and if he had to be stuck in a small balloon basket with him for too long he probably would have gone crazy.

"Well..." the Scarecrow started, then grew silent and patted one of his folds with his fingers.

"Ooh, is you thinking?" the Lion asked.

"Yup!" the new ruler of Oz replied proudly, and he kept thinking for a while longer. "Wait, I know! Someone can help you!" he declared.

"Who?" Mac asked, "The only one who could is gone now."

"No no, not him. A her! You told me about her, the Good Witch of the North! If she can float away on a bubble as you said, and she being a Good Witch (one of the rare ones at that!) she would most definitely be able to help you get home!"

"Cooooooooohhh!" the Tin Bird was mightily impressed by the Scarecrow's new brains it made her new heart flutter.

"Si, that is muy bueno idea!" the Lion nodded.

"But.. uh, where is she?" Mac asked, "Is it far?"

The Scarecrow rose to his feet (annoying the painter again, and apologising as he did) before walking over to a large map that had been brought out of storage. It was old and worn, but still up to date since whenever a new land was made, or renamed, it was painted in. At the very centre of the painting was the Emerald City, marked with a small painting of the city with a 'You are here' painted along side it. To the East they saw the woods they had passed through, the country side of corn and lastly the Beanieland. To the South was the Deadly Desert, nothing lived there, but beyond that was the Gnome King's kingdom. To the West was now Winkie Country again, in need of a ruler. As mentioned before, they had asked the Tin Bird but she was still considering the offer. Finally, to the North was Quadling Country, and marked with a red dot was the home of the Good Witch. It looked quite a journey, luckily not as long as it had taken the group from Beanieland.

"Now we're here," the Scarecrow placed a padded fingertip to the city.

"Gee how'd you figure that out, with your new brains?" Bloo asked sarcastically, but either the Scarecrow hadn't caught the sarcasm or chose to ignore it, as a good ruler should.

"And the Good Witch lives up here," he dragged his fingertip to the dot. "It shouldn't take long, given it took us three or four days to reach here from where you began, Mac." the Scarecrow removed his hand and looked down at the group. "No more then a day, my best guess!"

"Great. MORE walking! I was just getting over the last time!" Bloo complained.

"Sorry Bloo." the Scarecrow lamented, patting his friend's head sympathetically. "So, when do we set out?"

"Wait a minute. We?" Mac asked, looking up at the Scarecrow. "You'll come too?"

"Well I have to!" the Scarecrow replied. "If it weren't for you getting me off that pole I would never have become ruler of Oz, and I owe you a lot. So does the Tin Bird and Lion, for their heart and courage. It's only fair we help see you safely to the Good Witch."

"Co co!" the Tin Bird agreed, nodding her head.

"Si." the Lion added, before standing up. "We is to set out and see the Good Witch, and get senor Mac and Azul home. Though I am very sad to be thinking of you going, I know it is what you want. So, I come and protect you from anything we come across."

Mac was grateful for this, he hadn't liked starting his journey only with Bloo when they left Beanieland. Back then they had no choice, but now he had three very good friends who were to help him, hopefully yet sadly for the last time. Already they had risked their lives in saving him, and poor Scarecrow had lost his eye and arm all over again for his sake. But the Scarecrow didn't mind, he had been without his arm and eye all his life; he was far more used to being without them.